Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - "Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

"Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodge wrote:
Just to say I downloaded the latest 7.10 map with no problem. Using Home 2.1 I clicked on File/Use latest map guarantee. I didn't even need to enter the code on the map guarantee in the box. Did take over an hour to download and install though.

John

Andy_P2002 this is NOT looking good for you.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading your post Dennis got me thinking, yesterday i got the 720 out of the box and started playing with it. I hit the latest map guarantee button and it just downloaded 710 1561 maps. Didn't really give it another thought until i read your post. There was no slip in my box, no code etc, i just went for it and it responded.
It's crazy that some guys have had nothing but grief with this same procedure.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long have you had the 720? More than 30 days?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Dennis lost IE for a while.
Got the 720 about 10 days ago. I know you have 30 days etc but i thought you still had to enter a code on a slip that SHOULD be in the box.
As said i had no slip, so i was half thinking i may of had to contact the dark side CS, or is it US. Laughing
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do i have any chance of getting an update of maps if i bought mine when they first came out ........
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the replies from TT in my post on page 23 from Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:29 pm.

I was promised by this one guy that there would be a free map upgrade for ALL x20 owners (the closest they came to an admission that they had made a major cock-up when compressing the data for the original x20 maps).
It was due in Noveember, then December, then he got more evasive, now I get no reply.
I'm going to start a new question soon.
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a verifier Andy i feel a personal visit is in order. I trust you have his name?. Laughing
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Read the replies from TT in my post on page 23 from Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:29 pm.

I was promised by this one guy that there would be a free map upgrade for ALL x20 owners (the closest they came to an admission that they had made a major cock-up when compressing the data for the original x20 maps).
It was due in Noveember, then December, then he got more evasive, now I get no reply.
I'm going to start a new question soon.

just beginning to wonder that's all ,i've been following this thread for a while but like you say nov /dec it's now January ,it's getting rather annoying now and would like the new maps as i do drive all day everyday and rely on tomtom a lot in london ..my area has changed so everywhere will now be new to me
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It ain't gonna happen. If it does, one naked arse in my local Woolies window coming right up Very Happy
ianr17
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,just got an XL & it has map 675 on it ,App 7.162,i've tried the map upgrade thing & Home says i have the latest map & dont need to update.Do i need to get intouch with TT?
ianr17
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i have just emailed TT & got a very fast response, quote
"Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

Unfortunately you are not entitled to a free map update when using a map v6.75 and so therefore your required to purchase it on our webstore."

thats that then..
Snudge
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianr17 wrote:
Unfortunately you are not entitled to a free map update when using a map v6.75 and so therefore your required to purchase it on our webstore."

I bought a One XL in Oct 2007 which had map 675 and did get a free map.
The TomTom website still says this for One XL
TomTom wrote:
With latest map guarantee: if a newer map version is released during 30 days from when you first start using your TomTom, you’re entitled to download the new map for free.

This is a copy of the communication I had - they wanted proof of purchase and product code and approved the free map 710.

Customer Support wrote:

Request for free map update

Discussion Thread

Response (Wendy F. (UK)) 19/11/2007 09.47 AM
Dear Mr Snudge,Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support regarding your PLUS Service order.Your request for free map update has been approved and your updated map of UK & Ireland + Major Roads of Western Europe version 7.10 has been added to your account and awaiting to be downloaded.To download and install your Map that you have purchased, please click on the link below:-http://www.tomtom.com/5169You will need to check that you have sufficient space on the Hard Drive or SD card of your TomTom to install the Map. To find out how much space is required, please click on the following link:-http://www.tomtom.com/6583If you do not have sufficient space to install your Map onto your TomTom, you will need to obtain a blank SD card with a minimum read speed of 10mb/s or higher.With Best RegardsThe TomTom Customer Support Team

Response (Wendy F. (UK)) 16/11/2007 09.24 AM
Dear Mr Snudge,Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support with regards to your map update.We have recieved the requested details and have forwarded your case for a free map update to be approved. We will contact you as soon as possible.With Best RegardsThe TomTom Customer Support Team

Customer Snudge 12/11/2007 01.29 PM
Hi TomTomFurther to my tel conversation with customer support I attach a scan of my invoice for my ONE XL ordered from Tesco Direct on 18th Oct 2007.My Product Code is:- YG6T5 XGBW9 4BZDJThanks for help.Regards - Snudge

Response (Wendy F. (UK)) 12/11/2007 11.26 AM
Dear Mr Snudge,Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support regarding Map UpdatesWith reference to your request for a free map, please update this incident from My Questions History in your My TomTom account with the product code for your unit. This came on a small credit card sized piece of card within your original box. Please note that your product code is unique to your unit. Please also attach a copy of your receipt.Once we have received the product code and the proof of purchase, we can then investigate your request for a free map and forward to the relevant department on your behalf.We thank you for your patience in this matterWith Best RegardsThe TomTom Customer Support Team

You should contact them again and remind them of their offer for entitlement to download free map.
Patience, persistence and politeness is the secret. Smile
ianr17
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Mr Snudge,looks like i will have to give them a ring on Monday & see what they say
ianr17
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i just spoke to TT & the rep said there is nothing they can do for me regards a free map upgrade to 710,unless i can prove that my home address is not on the current map.Oh well,i'll be dammed if i'm paying for the latest map on a brand new unit.
Snudge
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I'm new to TomTom and this site I have got the impression that your success with customer support does depend on who you speak to so luck comes into it. This is where the persistence applies.
I got a free map then so should you so remind them of their offer on their website. It has nothing to do with whether your home address is on the map . Also there is no mention of the requirement to have a free map voucher in the box and there wasn't one in my box.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 24 of 36

Jump to: