Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - "Warn when near poi" setting on TomTom300 with ver
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

"Warn when near poi" setting on TomTom300 with ver
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irishkiwi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried using the clearflashall tool and it has made no difference to this issue, which in summary is this :

If you set all your warnings for the speedcameras using warn when near poi and use the default, built in sounds on the tom tom 300 using 7.162 application, then it works fine.
However the next time that you connect to the computer, any warnings that were using the default beep 5 sound revert to bell 1.
I can't see any way to fix this other than to reset them all manually after each time you conenct to the computer (running latest app of tom tom home - although i do not use tomtom home to update the files - i use windows explorer)

Mapsettings.cfg makes no difference - i have also tried restoring this file - the issue is reproducible - every time the tomtom300 is connected.

irishkiwi wrote:
Response from Tom Tom is as follows :

The clear flash tool will remove some small files on the unit itself that are preventing your preferences from being stored ( its not as 'drastic' as the name of the file could imply.)

irishkiwi wrote:
Fair enough - noone said there had to be an answer after all.
The issue is that they occasionally change back - seems to happen only if i connect the device a computer (doesnt matter if it's running home app or not) .

I have had a response from TomTom about the issue

They have sent me a file called "CLEAR FLASH - ALL" which I am supposed to run and it will fix the issue
I haven't tested it yet but i've asked for verification on what the file does - ie what changes it makes to :

a: my computer
b: Tom Tom Home
c: the tomtom device

when i get a response and test it i will post here - if it will help others.

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Depends what your issue is!
At least two of us have said that there is a bug that makes it forget the warnings occasionally. Is that it? Or are you completely unable to change them?
irishkiwi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the final answer from TOMTOM on this matter :

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the update .Thats why you asked earlier if you had any 3rd party POIs installed .

Please remove the third party POIs as mentioned earlier they are known to cause conflicts within the application.
It may be worth running the clear flash tool again after removal.

Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team
03/01/2008 12.03 PM
What about pocketgpsworld.com speed camera download poi's.
I do have those installed on the machine - current version.
Are these the custom poi's that have problems ?
If so why ?
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

irishkiwi wrote:
I tried using the clearflashall tool and it has made no difference to this issue, which in summary is this :

Did you do a Restore Factory settings straight after the clear flash tool as you need to do this to get the full effect of it. I am not saying it will fix the problem, just that for the clear flash tool to work properly you need to do a Restore Factory settings straight after.
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
irishkiwi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - I did do a factory reset after using the tool

if1977 wrote:
irishkiwi wrote:

Did you do a Restore Factory settings straight after the clear flash tool as you need to do this to get the full effect of it. I am not saying it will fix the problem, just that for the clear flash tool to work properly you need to do a Restore Factory settings straight after.
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried restoring your back-up to go back to the previous version when you did'nt have the problem. That way you can get an idea where the fault is. In the application or somewhere else.
irishkiwi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - the point is that that the way TomTom works has changed between the 6.x version and the 7.161/7.162 version.
They are actively stoppping the pocketgpsworld alerts from working by the looks of things !

if1977 wrote:
Have you tried restoring your back-up to go back to the previous version when you did'nt have the problem. That way you can get an idea where the fault is. In the application or somewhere else.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you might have been told duff information by TomTom support, the POI alerts and warning system work fine with this version of software in use.
Their own advertising mentions custom POI file support, so if they are now saying it doesn't you have a good case to return the device for a refund (I bet they would soon change their mind about custom POI support faced with a refund) - Mike
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah right, I see your point. That is TT at it's best. Rolling Eyes

If you look at the root of the back-up and the root of the unit in explorer, maybe you could see what has been changed and then try and change the folder that is causing the problem so that you can still use the latest version if possible and post your findings just incase others run into the same problem.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: