Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - First aid and Other guides now available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

First aid and Other guides now available
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need map version 675 or newer for this to work, only 675 and more recent maps have the MapShare functionality that this POI upgrade relys upon - Mike
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COLINRG wrote:

Remove Tripmaster. Any program that changes the menus causes the 'Help Me' option to disappear. Currently Navcore V7 doesn't support custom menus.

i thought this too but mobilnova adds a fourth page on the menu structure adds a sdk file video and audios files and the tomtom menu doesn't lose anything Wink they must have cracked it or fallen lucky, anyways i felt it was important to point this out so some were not put off installing it Wink
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and i got a tomtom 720, map 7.10
BrianI
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: First aid and Other guides now available Reply with quote

pcaouolte wrote:
You can download them here:

http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?FID=7892&Lid=1

Tomtom say they won't work with your version of the map but they are not always correct in what they say Wink

Thanks for that.
Downloaded them and they do work even though TT say they should not. Could not understand why the Ireland ones worked and there was nothing for the UK and yet its the same map. All that was missing was the POI data.
Brian
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gardenshed wrote:
COLINRG wrote:

Remove Tripmaster. Any program that changes the menus causes the 'Help Me' option to disappear. Currently Navcore V7 doesn't support custom menus.

i thought this too but mobilnova adds a fourth page on the menu structure adds a sdk file video and audios files and the tomtom menu doesn't lose anything Wink they must have cracked it or fallen lucky, anyways i felt it was important to point this out so some were not put off installing it Wink

That's because, add-on applications that don't CHANGE the menu structure, just get their icons added to the END of the normal menu (adding a new page if necessary). It's only if a custom menu layout is used (with a tomtom.mnu file) that things go awry.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: First aid and Other guides now available Reply with quote

BrianI wrote:
Could not understand why the Ireland ones worked and there was nothing for the UK and yet its the same map. All that was missing was the POI data.
Brian

Actually, if it's the same as my map, the POIs for Ireland are almost as bad. Although it looks like they are there, most are only grouped around Dublin.

I believe TomTom got the main POI data from TeleAtlas and just accepted any old rubbish they were given. (ONE library in the whole UK - and that one spelt wrong!)
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the UK Doctors one they seem to have included anything medically related, including opticians, mobility suppliers, Vets and Doctors private addresses.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I BELIEVE happened was they got SO many complaints about having no "Help Me" POIs for the UK that they got a few impoverished students to copy everything they could find off the internet, and get it into downloadable POI as quick as possible.

That's why the formatting and spelling is so awful, and its riddled with errors.

I wish I could remember where I saw it, but in my Dentists file there was an entry for something like "creative mortgages" and when I was on the PC one day and put "Dentists near me" in Google the list that came up actually had the same errors, complete with an entry for "creative mortgages"!
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 27 mortgage providers listed in the dentist file. Maybe something to do with the cost of private dental treatment?

If all else fails try "Toms mears butcher" also listed in the dentist file.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: