Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - £60 fine for "stopping in a box junction"
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

£60 fine for "stopping in a box junction"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a former, ie last weekend i finished, tesco.com grocery home delivery driver ive had my fair share of whiners about being late. "its 3.05pm, and it was supposed to be here between 1pm and 3pm, i want my delivery charge refunded" is usually how it goes. I was sick to death of these whingers. You try delivering 30+ customers shopping in this busy festive period.

I think you guys should lay off the tesco drivers for being late, its a horrendously hard job. If we aint there in the time slot, we wont be far away!

EDIT: removed some of my comments as they were not appropriate or objective.

iPhone 12

Last edited by falkirk81 on Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falkirk81 wrote:
I think you guys should lay off the tesco drivers for being late, its a horrendously hard job. If we aint there in the time slot, we wont be far away!

Ayyyeeee! I wasn't having a go at the delivery drivers, just the "system" whereby we make a mistake and are punished heavily for it yet they make a mistake and it's "just one of those things". It was tongue in cheek, nothing personal!

To be fair, the times I've had my shopping delivered, the've been really good and on time. Indeed, one even parked outside my house for a few minutes so he wouldn't be too early for his slot! Laughing
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falkirk81 wrote:
As a former, ie last weekend i finished, tesco.com grocery home delivery driver ive had my fair share of whiners about being late.
This is why I don't take that sort of work - multi drop to private houses. None of the customers have the faintest idea. Many of them don't have their house number on display. I could wax lyrical.

And in view of today's Christmas present (or rather, bill presented at Christmas) from HMRC, I bet most of them work for HMRC. GRRRRR!! Evil or Very Mad

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
apskinner
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy - some people will have a go at you even if you're not having a go at them!

What Falkirk should have reasonably have said to the 'whingeing customers' is "I sorry Sir/Madam the company puts incredibly challenging demands on us to fulfill too many deliveries across a large geographical area in a small 2 hr timeslot. - It would be incredibly helpful if you raised this with Tesco online and would make my job easier and the service to you more reliable"

Then the customer would be on the drivers side and correctly blame the supermarket rather than feeling they have come across yet another example of poor customer, or don't give a toss about the customer - service. (Sounds like TomTom!) Laughing

even giving these drivers phones and having them call if they are going to be late would be a nice customer service touch.

I get sick to death or waiting in all day - losing a days holiday or a days pay because a company says we can only offer a slot between 9am & 5pm. At least Tesco gets a thumbs up because it gives a 2hr slot, and I believe its a 'guaranteed' 2 hr slot so regardless of what mr. poor service says you can get the service charge refunded for quality of service failings!!!!!
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well not to hijack this thread, but i have to reply to that post. We do have phones in the vans, and all home shopping drivers carry the phone numbers for all that days deliveries on their route with them. We are actively encouraged to telephone customers if we are running late or will not make the delivery in the 2 hour time slot. BUT, and this is said only in relation to my experience from the store i was based in, as its a heavily built up area that the majority of our customers live in, a 2 hr slot invariably means that on the way to the last customer on that slot, if you are stuck in a jam or crash or just general traffic, it is impossible to contact anyone as we dont have hands free kits. The latest i`ve ever been was 30mins after the slot, and yes a phone call would have helped but that particular customer wasnt too bothered coz they "were understanding".

EDIT: to remove a lot of inappropriate ranting by myself!

iPhone 12

Last edited by falkirk81 on Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
So what deal have they done to get the DVLA to release that info?
As I understand it, no crime has been committed, and it's private land so no parking regulations have been broken, so I thought the DVLA would refuse to divulge any info. I'm sure *I* can't get that information out of them.

No "deal" required! (which makes the DPA (Data Protection Act) rather pointless (ih this case).

Yep, even YOU could get someones details from the DVLA, if you can "show just cause or reason". Try it, you'll be surprised.

With regard to the ANPR's (rarely advertised as such), there are becoming more and more shopping/retail parks with these in place, which appear to be normal CCTV, with a sign stating CCTV in operation. Generally you'll need to look around for a sign that informs you'll be fined for overstaying..

A local B&Q and retail park have them, which I noticed. I had to then look "hard and fast" for the info sign which stated Max stay 2hrs, and then a 60£ penalty fee.

The signs are NOT AS CLEAR AS THEY SHOULD BE, and are (VERY) easily missed.

Beware....

Sad
Mv710.1561(W Europe)+Traffic, N82 connection to GPRS traffic
+
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinx wrote:
The signs are NOT AS CLEAR AS THEY SHOULD BE, and are (VERY) easily missed.
In this event, the signs have no contractual force, same as the signs you find once inside the car park saying they accept no liability - those signs should be outside where you can read them before committing yourself to a contract to park under their terms - see "Conditions of Contract - Unfair Terms, etc". If they send you a fine, ignore it. If they clamp you, take them to court for a lot of compensation.

Regards
Smartypants old geezer wot did HNC including all that stuff about 15 years ago. Cool

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
In this event, the signs have no contractual force, same as the signs you find once inside the car park saying they accept no liability - those signs should be outside where you can read them before committing yourself to a contract to park under their terms - see "Conditions of Contract - Unfair Terms, etc". If they send you a fine, ignore it. If they clamp you, take them to court for a lot of compensation.

Cheers Dennis
Mmm. I agree with your reply regarding "No Contractural Force" due to their placement, but I think this may be difficult to prove. There IS a sign present, about 30metres in from the entrance. The entrance has NO barrier, it is just an entry road, with parking areas either side. The sign is mounted up a lamp-post, about 12ft up, obviously not at eye level which could be easily seen. I only saw the one sign, when I "looked for it".

B&Q merely have a sign stating "CCTV cameras in operation. Max stay 2hrs". Again, no access/egress barrier, just a road entry to the area.
Mv710.1561(W Europe)+Traffic, N82 connection to GPRS traffic
+
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And why anyone would want to spend more than 2hrs in a B&Q defeats me! Seriously though, I can understand that at some sites they may have issues with persons parking in their car parks and shopping elsewhere.

So fair enough they need to police it, but I do have issues with the onerous penalties they or their contracted partner impose and the intransigence they display when a customer complains because they WERE in THIER store for 2hrs + Twisted Evil
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back ON topic for me, the tesco that i did work in has exactly the same procedure for parking. It was managed by euro car parks i think, but i use the word "managed" very loosely as the disabled spaces are not policed for blue badge only use. The 2 or so people who checked number plates have now gone and are replaced with an ANPR style camera set up as you enter or leave the car park. There are a fair few huge signs that mention 2hrs and £60 fine for overstay but i know its not a perfect system as quite a few members of staff have got nasty letters. I know that this store in particular has a huge problem in Newcastle as the Falcons rugby team play about 1/3 of a mile away and there is NO parking at all around the ground so everyone piles into the tesco car park. Also there is a metro station next to the tesco so a lot of people "park and ride" so i can understand why the store have implimented this policy. Not that i agree with it, but how else can you keep the car park for genuine users of the store? Its v difficult for staff to park there at this time of year anyway, never mind people parking there to go into the city centre or to watch the rugby!

iPhone 12

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: