Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is anyone using a Pogo Drive?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is anyone using a Pogo Drive?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennyL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Is anyone using a Pogo Drive? Reply with quote

I have been using an Origin b2 speed camera waring device for several years and I've been very pleased with it.

I also use Tomtom navigation software running on a Palm PDA and love it.

A few days ago I received a special offer to upgrade my Origin b2 to a Pogo Drive. This combines camera warnings and navigation in one unit. Now my b2 has developed a problem and I'm wondering whether I should take up the special offer.

I think I trust that the camera warning functionality of the Pogo Drive will be good, but I'm wondering what the navigation side is like and whether I will find it poor after the Tomtom.

Does anyone here have a Pogo Drive and can tell me what they think of it?

Thank you for any responses.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a "Search" for Pogo Drive and you'll get some info.

One link informs you that the cameras cost £50 a year subscription!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
DennyL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that very good suggestion, DennisN. In fact in all my searching I haven't been able to find a review of the Pogo Drive. Searching this site yields "No topics or posts met your search criteria"

I found one review at Reviewcenter.com.

As I have an Origin b2, I know that their subscription costs £50pa. I think that the Origin b2 is a good product I have been prepared to pay it. I think it does have one advantage over the PGPSW database in that Origin devices are direction sensitive, so don't give false alarms for cameras on the other side of the road.

Last edited by DennyL on Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think it does have one advantage over the PGPSW database in that Origin devices are direction sensitive, so don't give false alarms for cameras on the other side of the road.

You've mixed your databases and devices there.

The PGPSW database is also directional, however not many devices support it.
westewoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: pogo drive. drove me mad Reply with quote

i too got offered the offer. after owning one for 3 months and waiting and waiting for the unit to become the beast it was promised to be, i sent it back. i have like yourself had a b2 and loved it. i have now got the pogo alert, wich is a cracking piece of kit, and a tom tom 1, and im well happy.
if your b2 is dieing, have a look at the pogo alert, but dont bother with the drive Very Happy
DennyL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Quote:
I think it does have one advantage over the PGPSW database in that Origin devices are direction sensitive, so don't give false alarms for cameras on the other side of the road.

You've mixed your databases and devices there.

The PGPSW database is also directional, however not many devices support it.

I have posted into a thread on this forum discussing the Navman S30, which does support directionality in its camera functionality using its own database, and a user has stated that with the PGPSW database it does not have directional functionality. Which are the makes/models of camera warning devices that have directionality with the PGPSW database?
DennyL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: pogo drive. drove me mad Reply with quote

westewoo wrote:
i too got offered the offer. after owning one for 3 months and waiting and waiting for the unit to become the beast it was promised to be, i sent it back. i have like yourself had a b2 and loved it. i have now got the pogo alert, wich is a cracking piece of kit, and a tom tom 1, and im well happy.
if your b2 is dieing, have a look at the pogo alert, but dont bother with the drive Very Happy

Thank you *VERY* much for that!

Can you say in what way the Pogo Drive disappointed you? I understand that there has been a substantial firmware upgrade for the Drive. I guess your experience was based on a pre-upgrade model?

Looking at photos of the Alert, it looks as though it doesn't fit in the b2 cradle. One thing I like about the b2 is that I have it installed in a fairly inconspicuous place in the car and I don't feel that I need to remove it every time I park the car. It looks as though the Alert is a device with a built-in GPS receiver, and it has to be positioned on top of the dashboard where it can see the sky, and would have to be put away every time one parks the car. Is this the case?

Thanks for any comments.
westewoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi. the mapping was not good, it wouldnt follow your position, it would show you in a field at the side of the road. it used to crash on a regular basis. as for updates, i was getting them daily, as they no i am a lorry driver doing a lot of millage.
as for the alert, the cradle system is 10 times better than the b2 one, but i think your right about line of sight. i may be worth contacting origin and asking them if there any diffrent car kit available

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: