Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Traffic Error Code:2029
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Traffic Error Code:2029

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Traffic Error Code:2029 Reply with quote

I had to hard reset my device, now when I try to use Traffic it says that the trial subscription has ended.

Error code: 2029

I have reset traffic via the website, but still get the same error.

Any clues?

Website says my traffic is still active until the 12th December!

Cheers,

greg
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Traffic Error Code:2029 Reply with quote

gregh wrote:
I had to hard reset my device, now when I try to use Traffic it says that the trial subscription has ended.

Error code: 2029

I have reset traffic via the website, but still get the same error.

Any clues?

Website says my traffic is still active until the 12th December!

Have you tried re-entering your user name and password in the traffic section of the tomtom menus?
gregh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, more times than I'd care to remember!!

It connects and accepts the username/passwrord from the TomTom plus menus, and connects and checks for updates with no issues,

regards,

greg
nleaney
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here Greg. I have a TT One 2nd Edition and all was working well up until this Saturday when it stopped with a 'Your Trial has expired' message.

I look on the My TTT pages and I am told that my subscription is active until Dec 31st so I have logged a support call.

Will let you know if anything comes of it...

Nigel
gregh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine automagically fixed itself, after getting the standard automated response from TomTom, I sent them a rocket back and they supposedly reset my account.....
nleaney
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke to them last night. They reset my account but to no avail. They have escalated to 2nd line support and I should expect to hear fro them today...
pentala
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine strangly stopped following the latest MAP/SW Update. I logged a call with Tomtom - after two weeks and no answer I phoned them (30 mins queue!), they told me to reset the Tomtom & Factory reset the phone - including removing SIM and battery!!!!! They they said 'Sorry, the call center is closed now, you'll have to call back....' Shocked

Needless to say its still not working.

After I updated the call to tell them it was still not working I got a email back saying it must be a problem with the phone/mobile provider/its not 3G/GPRS/Provider is blocking ports etc!!!!! Basically, anything to suggest that its not their problem, they went on to say that because it couldn't possible be their problem then they couldn't credit me with an extension to the subscription!!!

My Subscription online says its still valid until 20/12/2007 - If Tomtom don't get this sorted then I will not be renewing or buying one of their products again Evil or Very Mad

Anybody got this sorted yet? I get the feeling that this latest SW has a major problem with this...?
nleaney
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing heard yet. My 'question' has changed status to 'research' though. I've just dropped them another email and will call them in the morning.

This was working for me perfectly until Saturday and I hadn't updated the unit with any new software or maps.

I have since updated to v7.161 in the vain hope that it might help but i get exactly the same problem Sad
pentala
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rang Tomtom this morning - spoke to a guy on the helpdesk who was extremely helpful Very Happy - even agreed that the previous update to the call 'it must be a phone problem etc' was nothing to do with the problem.
He went off to speak to the 'Traffic people' and came back a couple of minutes later - it was a problem with their database, its now all working again!

Thanks Tomtom.
dave5416
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: My Tomtom traffic has stopped working too! Reply with quote

I updated my Tomtom via home (which I must admit I do not do very often) two weeks ago. Probably only once or twice since buying! Last Tuesday Traffic stopped working. It would pull down when route planning but not on route. Tomtom tried in vain to pass the buck over a number of days before I got really stroppy with them. Stating that I had tried my TT on another phone on another network. Not suprising how silent they went!
Now all I get is emails telling me to edit a bat file in TT home for the internet connection. Only problem is the bat file is not there. Could this be the problem with the last update? TT also tell me that I am the isolated case. They have not had anyone else reporting these issues. I told them I want a ten day extension on my subscription which they agreed to but in light of this ongoing issue I will want a lot more time. If its not fixed within the next few days I may want a refund on the cost of the service.
Has anyone had this issue?
Can you roll back to an earlier version on the device?
Is TMC any better?
nleaney
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got a resolution from TT Support today.

They've 'fixed' the problem with my subscription and 'as compensation for the challenges I have been experiencing, have extended my service for an additional 3 months'

Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: