Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - "Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

"Latest Map Guarantee" not working?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do tomtom charge you euros or pounds? If pounds, how can i get them to charge me euros as it works out cheaper for the map i want? Thanks.
kobudera
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having gone to all the trouble of getting the new v7.10 map - do we know what the differences are, if any, between that and the older one? Twisted Evil

Kev
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kobudera wrote:
Having gone to all the trouble of getting the new v7.10 map - do we know what the differences are, if any, between that and the older one? Twisted Evil

Kev
Sure, Kev. First off, it's got a bigger version number. Laughing Second, it has a crafty new feature - it comes with all the roads not blocked, so you have to download Mapshare Updates to get them blocked so that you can unblock them again (see A40 thread for the laughs).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
lola
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know how to join two roads together via Mapshare - all wise cracks about reporting to the Highways Agency (or Tomtom) get reported to Santa and there will be tears.

For example - a road into an industrial estate which quite clearly exists in real life but appears as two dead ends on the map.

How do I update the map for all to share my labours???
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the join is shown as a dotted (a blocked, or restricted) road, then this can be changed and shared with others.

If there is not a road showing between the 2 sections, then this will not be available until it is included into a new compilation of Maps.

As a rule of thumb, I believe the changes that can be made from the First Page of MapShare are those that can be shared with the current Maps. Those on subsequent pages require a recompilation of data.

So to join 2 roads, you would need to Report other error | Missing Street | On Map and mark the two points of where the road should be. You have the opportunity to add additional notes.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
georgemac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still no offer of new maps for me either

this is the response when I told them that the latest version of tomtom home was obviously defective as it continually reports that map version 6.75 is the most up to date when clearly 7.10 has been released, and as a registered user they never emailed me tellimg me that new maps had been released during the 30 day map gaurantee period making the gaurantee worthless

"Thank you for your e-mail. We are taking this matter into advisement and will contact you shortly."

Their support costs must be huge - surely better to admit they have botched it up and give updated maps to anyone who has proof of purchase for the 30 days prior to the relase of the 7.10 maps?
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

georgemac wrote:
still no offer of new maps for me either

this is the response when I told them that the latest version of tomtom home was obviously defective as it continually reports that map version 6.75 is the most up to date when clearly 7.10 has been released, and as a registered user they never emailed me tellimg me that new maps had been released during the 30 day map gaurantee period making the gaurantee worthless

"Thank you for your e-mail. We are taking this matter into advisement and will contact you shortly."

Their support costs must be huge - surely better to admit they have botched it up and give updated maps to anyone who has proof of purchase for the 30 days prior to the relase of the 7.10 maps?

Actually,

It will be even cheaper to give free maps to all X20 owners that log on thru Home 2.1 and request to download updates. It would be automatic and spare additional support costs.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

georgemac wrote:
Their support costs must be huge
Hallo? Are you on the same planet as the rest of us? Their support costs must be microscopically small - do they actually employ anybody with any knowledge? - unskilled labour is getting cheaper by the day.

russd1978
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just sent me an email asking me to call them! Any advice on what I should say - Im only just outside the 30 days and would be inside if Latest Map Guarantee had worked instead of saying I already have the latest map! (i have a 720 and 7.05 maps)
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

russd1978 wrote:
They just sent me an email asking me to call them! Any advice on what I should say - Im only just outside the 30 days and would be inside if Latest Map Guarantee had worked instead of saying I already have the latest map! (i have a 720 and 7.05 maps)
Simple. Just tell them you STILL haven't managed to get the latest map guarantee to work and would they please be so kind as to make it work. You've been trying it ever since you heard about the new map which was inside the 30 days. Have you already supplied them proof of purchase? If not, scan your receipt now so that you can send it to them attached to an email when they ask for it. Why not try asking them to wait whilst you do that email to see if they've received it?

Anyway, I've just sent off an answer to my ticket - Thank you for resolving this for me (got the new map now and didn't even complain it took best part of 7 hours). I have another GO720 which I bought on the same day as this one, but it won't download the new map. Can you please tell me how to get the new map for my other GO720? Wink

russd1978
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DennisN, ill call them tomorrow and say pretty much what youve said. I fear they I will hit a brick wall of ignorance though - 7.10 maps? what 7.10? its a typo! Arrgh! Anyway, ill keep you updated!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

russd1978 wrote:
Thanks DennisN, ill call them tomorrow and say pretty much what youve said. I fear they I will hit a brick wall of ignorance though - 7.10 maps? what 7.10? its a typo! Arrgh! Anyway, ill keep you updated!
To be frank, I'd be tempted NOT to call them - phone calls don't last like emails. I'd be tempted to reply to the email saying you're sorry, but it's really virtually impossible to phone (inside whatever hours they've given you), so could they simply tell you what you need to do to get the new map. You've got a 720, you have the old 705 map, you know there's a new 710 map (for sale on their website), you're entitled to the latest map guarantee, so could they please live up to their adverts and what the young woman said on QVC a couple of days ago about it. (Ask to speak to John G - he knows about it, gave me mine).

rikwebb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I watch the forum, but dont post often, but feel I must..

My new 720 is also reporting V7.05 and refuses to update using the map garentee, if Home doesnt error (which it does an awful lot), I get the 'you have the most recent map' twaddle.

I have logged a call through the website, and am waitin to see what they say.

I am beginning to wish I hadnt sold my 910 for this!

Rik
lola
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rikwebb wrote:
...if Home doesnt error...
Rik

I haven't had a problem with Home or Home2.

Might be worth re-installing it. Have you checked for updates to Home via the help tab?
russd1978
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just phoned a chap called Owen - he told me that everyone here is lying, none of you have the v7.10 maps, he was very adamant that those "codes" have not been activated, and the tech department are working on a new upgrade with more accurate maps and that will be given to all 720 users free eventually. Probably. Maybe.

At first he even said the 7.10 maps arent compatible with the 720! Arrgh! He kept saying "dont believe forums, its just opinions" - Laughing Out Loud

Great! He sounded really a*sey about it, should have gone with the email!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 13 of 36

Jump to: