Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 720T Issues after 1st day !!!!!! INCL N95 issue
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

720T Issues after 1st day !!!!!! INCL N95 issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulwilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: 720T Issues after 1st day !!!!!! INCL N95 issue Reply with quote

Hiya

Just got my 720T, lovely looking bit of kit but i have some issues which i hope you can help me with.

1. It would seem that i can only get a connection to my N95 if i have hands free calling on. As soon as i untick the Hands Free box, it disconnects from phone which means i cant use the data side for Traffic or any other TOMTOM Plus thing.

Any ideas ?

2. In the help me menu, there is a drive to and walk to help button which brings up various options. Nearest Car Repair Servs and nearest hospital is fine, but the other 4 options want to take me to France or somewhere as my nearest place !!! There must be a setting i am missing somewhere !!!!!

I am in the UK by the way !!

A word of warning, anyone thinking of buying the T version of the 720, just dont bother, the aerial is nothing short of a disgrace. I travelled from Bracknel in Berkshire upto Middlesbrough and back today and it was for the most part searching for a radio station. I was using main roads and motorways so there is no excuse really. I had the aerial spread out all ove rthe window in various positions and still no improvement.
As a test, i had my dads navman with the traffic device and external aerial in the same car and that never lost contact with any station !!!

Thx for any help

paul
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 720T Issues after 1st day !!!!!! INCL N95 issue Reply with quote

paulwilko wrote:
2. In the help me menu, there is a drive to and walk to help button which brings up various options. Nearest Car Repair Servs and nearest hospital is fine, but the other 4 options want to take me to France or somewhere as my nearest place !!! There must be a setting i am missing somewhere !!!!!

If you use the Search button (above) and enter something like "help nearest", making sure you select the 'all terms' option and the TomTom GO/Rider/One forum, you'll find several threads about this, including one linking to some files you can download from TomTom which give a partial fix.
Samsung Galaxy S21
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?FID=7892&Lid=1

Downloads are at bottom of page for missing POI's.
paulwilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you and i have done them

Are you able to answer the other isuues i have ?

Paul
paulwilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be most helpful if someone could answer number one please
cal86
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just tested turning hand free calling off on my tomtom720, and while on the n95 it turns the hands free connection off and says tomtom has disconnected, the data link still remains and lets me use the weather and traffic options. When you turn it off you should still have the packet data symbol showing as active on the phone, and the bluetooth symbol with the brackets around it showing as active.

My n95 is running on the latest firmware provided by nokia and my mobile provider three.
paulwilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, thats annoying. I wonder why mine acts differently !!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: