Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT510 upgraded to 7.160 now POI corruption
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT510 upgraded to 7.160 now POI corruption
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ducati748
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BodgerBaz wrote:
Milesey wrote:
Looks like the latest version is being messed up by the .INF files that POIedit produces alongside the OV2 and BMP files. I've deleted the .INFs and all seems fine

Oh thank you Milesey. That was exactly the problem. I've deleted mine and all is working as it should. That would explain it as it was only the POIs downloaded from POIedit that were affected.

Many thanks for spotting that one - much appreciated Wink

could someone give me some pointers were to find these files as i also have my speed cams messed up, all are usings ogg file sounds but only some are messed up and others are ok, tried reloading them again and they are still the same any help would be greatfully recieved.

thanks
freddo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

look in g.britain map and delete icons with a notepad and gearwheel these are information files.once deleted everthing should be ok.
any pio conected to these files will be c messed up
hope this helps
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freddo wrote:
look in g.britain map and delete icons with a notepad and gearwheel these are information files.once deleted everthing should be ok.
any pio conected to these files will be c messed up
hope this helps

A bit dangerous this...

The icons shown next too any file in Windows can change completely, depending what programs you have "associated" with each file type. For example I don't have ANY files with a gearwheel.

The only safe way is to describe the FULL filename including the three letter extension (.txt for text files, .exe for programs etc. - those are just examples, DON'T delete them!)

If you cannot see those extensions, you need to enable the correct view in Windows Explorer or My Computer:

Go to the 'Tools' Menu,
Select 'Folder Options'
Select the 'View' tab
Scroll down the list of entries and UN-tick "Hide extensions for known file types"
(While you are there, you can TICK 'Show hidden files and folders" too. This will let you see EVERYTHING on your TomTom's storage).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: