Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ViaMichelin Support and Feedback
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ViaMichelin Support and Feedback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wecpc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeyMikey wrote:
wecpc,

You have to hit the update, then the add, then the synchronisation button.

The other call was for johnandmarkuk if he's listening Wink

The problem is I DO NOT have an ADD button only the update button and to the right of it a remove button, with the synch button further down on the page. I have tried clicking on remove, then the add button appears, but when I then click on update the add button disappears and the remove button then appears. Now do see you the problem I have, at least I now know that is something missing from the screen which stops me from completing this task.

I have just clicked remove and then synch, and I then get the update and add button. When I then click on update the add button still stays there, I then click on Add and then synch, but it still shows August. I give up and have come to the conclusion that there are NO camera updates for the UK since August only for Europe unless the TECH SUPPORT can say otherwise, if they eventually get around to contacting me that is.

Last edited by wecpc on Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone find the clock (time) resets every now and again. I've got the Day/Night colour set to change at 7.00pm. However, sometimes it does not work because my clock forgets the current time.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertie100 wrote:
Does any find that the clock (time) resets every now and again. I've got the Day/Night colour set to change at 7.00pm. However, sometimes it does not work because my clock forgets the current time.

I have been meaning to post a message on this issue. It always seems to do it when it's been connected to the PC. It's not just a ViaMichelin thing as my old Navman used to do it as well. Must be a bug in the underlying Windows CE software?
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wecpc,
Sorry to hear you're still having trouble, I don't know what's happening to your camera updates. As soon as I hit update for any country it changes from August to October, then I hit add and then synch. As you say it may be a problem with the UK software but it certainly works for Europe.

johnandmarkuk,
As previously mentioned I had 2 Tech Services calls yesterday and one of the operators thought I was you !

Bertie100,
I had the clock problem initially, it happened once, but since installing the 7.0.2 patch from the VM website it hasn't happened. Could be coincidence though.
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Duplicate post

Last edited by SpikeyMikey on Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the feedback on the Tourist Route issue and it only appears to be affecting people who have X-970T V7 registered and nothing else....if you have any other version listed it should be OK OR if you had an earlier version and upgraded this too should be OK. Our Webteam is checking into it now and will have a fix very soon.
Can i ask everyone to be patient for a day or so. Also if you have any outstanding quiries or are awaiting a call back and haven't had it yet can you PM me....I will go through the list as fast as I can and get the issues cleared up!!

Cheers

Stu

www.leyio.com

Keep your eyes open in 2009 for a new way to share and swap files......Leyio!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update! Smile
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading that CoPilot 7 can utilise direction data in POIs...

"As CoPilot 7 has the much desired ability to utilise direction data in POIs we have ensured our our new format is fully directional aware. It is the latest to utilise our comprehensive heading data to reduce the number of false warnings from cameras that are on the other side of a road or carriageway. "

I was wondering if the ViaMichelin V7 software can do the same? I don't have the PGPSW camera data installed yet... maybe someone with it can answer this?

I already find I get a lot of false warnings, as the detection seems a little to wide (i.e. when travelling on motorway I get 30MPH camera warnings, when there actually about 1000 yards away in some village nearby). Maybe ViaMichelin warnings would benefit from this direction data? and also an option to reduce the detection area?
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit I don't get camera warnings from nearby roads but I can advise that even with v7 software the PGPSW camera database does appear to warn of all cameras on the 'other side of the road' though I guess I would rather receive a few too many warnings than the opposite Very Happy

Then again I noticed on the A46 near Stratford last week that the cameras on the other side were actually Truvellos pointing towards me - crafty sods (but at least they were in the database!)

All I would like to do now is update the PGPSW d/base using Content Manager in v7 but it seems nobody has responded to my earlier request for help around this. Sad
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perussell wrote:
I must admit I don't get camera warnings from nearby roads but I can advise that even with v7 software the PGPSW camera database does appear to warn of all cameras on the 'other side of the road' though I guess I would rather receive a few too many warnings than the opposite Very Happy

I only get the false camera warnings with the ViaMichelin camera database... I haven't tried the PGPSW ones yet. So when you use the ViaMichelin database you don't get any false warnings? I get then all the time on the A34 and M25 Confused

I might have switch to the PGPSW ones (which is a shame, because I think the Michelin one is fairly good). What kind of warnings do you get with PGPSW ones, and how much warning do you get before you hit the camera?
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VM camera warnings are very good, and so far accurate although as with my TT Nav 6 you do get warnings on the opposite side as already stated.

I think I'm right in saying that the PGPSW camera warnings 'chirp' at about 1000 yards, but we're still waiting for a difinitive answer as to how to successfully update the database through Content Manager v7. At present I use the Gatsos from VM and the rest from PGPSW.
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So when you use the ViaMichelin database you don't get any false warnings?

No thats not quite what I said. I do get false warnings but only from the roads I am on, not from nearby roads.

I have the unit set up now with VM fixed cameras and the PGPSW mobiles, SPECs etc where I can still get the odd wrong (directional) warning.

In v7 the PGPSW warning appears on the right hand side of the screen (same place as the VM camera warning) but as a camera icon in a blue square and with the distance to the camera beneath this.

(Trouble is I cannot update these in v7 for some reason so while they are current now in time the temp (road works)cameras etc will be out of date)
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perussell wrote:
Quote:
So when you use the ViaMichelin database you don't get any false warnings?

No thats not quite what I said. I do get false warnings but only from the roads I am on, not from nearby roads.

I have the unit set up now with VM fixed cameras and the PGPSW mobiles, SPECs etc where I can still get the odd wrong (directional) warning.

In v7 the PGPSW warning appears on the right hand side of the screen (same place as the VM camera warning) but as a camera icon in a blue square and with the distance to the camera beneath this.

(Trouble is I cannot update these in v7 for some reason so while they are current now in time the temp (road works)cameras etc will be out of date)

When you next get a false warning, say a 30mph on a dual carriage way. Switch to 'free navigation mode' or zoom out. You may see another camera nearby that I believe is giving the false warnings.
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stu,

Any progress on this yet?

Deepfour wrote:
I have the feedback on the Tourist Route issue and it only appears to be affecting people who have X-970T V7 registered and nothing else....if you have any other version listed it should be OK OR if you had an earlier version and upgraded this too should be OK. Our Webteam is checking into it now and will have a fix very soon.
Can i ask everyone to be patient for a day or so. Also if you have any outstanding quiries or are awaiting a call back and haven't had it yet can you PM me....I will go through the list as fast as I can and get the issues cleared up!!

Cheers

Stu
B_G
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stu. Some driving tourist routes are now available which is great and the "Information about the stage" is quite handy but what's the word on the walking "tours" ?

Ta

Bernie

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: