Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One V3 rebooting
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One V3 rebooting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil_r_cooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: TomTom One V3 rebooting Reply with quote

I bought a TT ONE V3 at the weekend and downloaded the PocketGPSworld speed camera data base into it. It now occassionaly reboots after announcing a mobile location. Is this likely to be a faulty TomTom or a compatability problem with the database (or Liz voice file)? The TT has been updated by TT Home to the latest s/w etc. Regards Neil
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been quite a few reports here about the One v3 re-booting while out on the road. If I remember correctly, it was an incompatibility between the TomTom-supplied cameras (a version of which comes on the machine when you buy it) and the software version. Removing the TomTom camera files and just leaving the PGPSW ones seemed to fix it.

Have a search for the topics....
neil_r_cooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy many thanks for prompt reply especially as I was considering dumping the PocketGPSworld camera database and subscribing to the full TomTom database as I would have expected TomTom to make their own database compatable with their own product. Best Regards Neil.
sprawlsy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 3rd Edition rebooted a total of 4 times over 2 days a while ago, since the 10mb update I have had no problems (& have been on a few long journeys). The only additional POIs I have on mine are the Visit England ones, I have not had a noticable problem with the TT camera database.

Hope this helps.

Si
spcdust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can vouch that removing the Tom Tom speed camera files seemed to resolve the issue although I think the latest version of the units application (7.131?) also coorects the re-boot problem.

I'm also guessing you'll have the old maps installed on the device so you'll be entitled to the latest maps 7.10 (literally came out in the last couple of weeks) using the 30 day map guarantee option.

All these things can be done via the Home 2.1.xxxx software available on the Tom Tom website. Once you've launched Home, plugged in your Tom Tom and created a user account all these things should be available to you.

As far as the pocketgpsworld camera database is concerned, it really is excellent and well worth the £19.00 per year subs.

IMPORTANT: Make a back-up of your Tom Tom before doing anything, best not to use the option within Tom Tom Home, but follow the instructions found here:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com//modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=280501#280501

spcdust
neil_r_cooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for advice. I have the latest updates through Home 2.1 and are removing the TomTom files. I will update this thread after testing. Should not have to wait long as it rebooted 8 time in 20 mins.
Does anyone know what the pmobile files are and why they don't have associated ogg files?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil_r_cooper wrote:
Does anyone know what the pmobile files are
On the Download Page is a Link which says "Expand for Information About the pMobile Files".

neil_r_cooper wrote:
and why they don't have associated ogg files?
From the Ogg File Page try These. Wink

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
neil_r_cooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy
Thanks have found and transferred files but noticed that pmobile_var is missing for some reason for the variable limits. Is there a pmobile_var file lurking somewhere else that I can pick up? Regards Neil
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil_r_cooper wrote:
Is there a pmobile_var file lurking somewhere else that I can pick up?
I'll refer you to This Post. Wink

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
neil_r_cooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy & Others
Many thanks for your help. Yesterday my TT1 rebooted 8 times in 30 minutes in an area with a lot of speed cams. Followed your advice and this morning same journey no reboots. Problem must have been related to pre-installed TomTom cam database.
Best Regards Neil

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: