Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map of Western Europe v7.10
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map of Western Europe v7.10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyT328
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a one XL europe and had problems aswell as everyone else (Latest maps installed etc..) after callimg tom tom a few times and the obvious emails they suggested this below which DID WORK for me.:-

"Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support

To solve your issue with TomTom Home and installing updates, please do the following;-

- Uninstall TomTom Home
- Delete the following folder 'My Documents/TomTom HOME/Downloads'
- Download and install TomTom Home from http://www.tomtom.com/7602

You can then redownload any updates that you need.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team""

P.S. I did of course save the downloads files omewhere else in case I had to use any other downloads in there or there were any other probs.

Hope this helps

AndyT328
georgemac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried what AndyT328 suggested and it did not make any difference at all for me - showed there were no updates available at all.

What I may do is try and copy the original backup of the SD card to a spare SD card I have and see if this makes any difference.

I have had several communications with TomTom support today, I had to email them the paypal receipt, which I did, but I use a domain name email address, and as the email I sent them was from my ISP address and not my registered email address, they could not accept this and sent me a link to change my email address. Since I have done this I cannot log on with the new email address, and if I use my domain name email address I originally registered with, it takes me to what looks like somebody else's page?

Is there a lot of updates on the new maps? I may give up and just pay for it!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an interesting update for you on my situation.
My sickly GO710 turned out to be dead, so Maplins said they'd refund/replace, except they didn't have any 710s. So (long story short) I ended up with a brand new GO720 as a replacement for the 710 (plus a credit for the £55 which the 720 is now cheaper than the 710 was when I bought it last December!).
My sickly GO720 I took back to Halfords and came away with their recommendation of a Garmin Nuvi 660FM (plus £30 gift vouchers for the cheaper blah, blah, blah!!).

So my first task with the brand new GO720 was to try for the 30 days Latest Map Guarantee to get map v7.10. It refused!

So I got on the phone to Tom Tom. "At 10 minutes past noon today I bought a new TTGO 720. It has map 705.1480 and on your website you have map 7.10. I want the Latest Map Guarantee, but it won't do it. GRRR"

The poor lad struggled and eventually came back that he'd have to get onto his tech people, because he thought that with "705" showing on my 720, and "710" showing on their website, one of them was probably a typo! He did promise faithfully to get back to me tonight (by email). He hasn't yet and it's 11:15pm. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I haven't opened the Garmin box yet!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

But your tempted to, aren't you?

Go on, you know you want to, just to prove Gamin is better than TT! Laughing
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wazza_G wrote:
DennisN wrote:

But your tempted to, aren't you?

Go on, you know you want to, just to prove Garmin is better than TT! Laughing
I can hardly wait. BUT I do have TWO new devices to open and I've gone for the GO720 first - I'm very good at setting up the GO720, after all, this is my sixth since they came out (and I was away on holiday for a fortnight in September). I wish it would really rain all day tomorrow - I'm on the roster for gardening. Sad

Imagine, hopefully by Monday morning I'll be back up to two working satnavs, with loads of speed cameras - TomTom, Garmin and PGPSW. I suppose Vera will go really potty (especially as I don't speed!).

Hartsa
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

georgemac wrote:
I have tried what AndyT328 suggested and it did not make any difference at all for me - showed there were no updates available at all.

I may give up and just pay for it!

Same here, clean install to another pc: "Your device came with latest map".
Don't give up, we have to get what TomTom has promised to us when purchasing their device.
Because they cannot get the 30 day guarantee working, they could give to us a working promotion code to buy the latest maps with no charge.
rnem170
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe someone should report this problem to Watchdog. After all, we've all taken the plunge and bought a new product, most for over £300, and then they bring our a new map just a few weeks after early adopters 30 days has run out. It smacks of a conspiracy to get more £££ out of every one. I personally think everyone who has a TT720 should get map upgrades for free for the first 90 days.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who really care, here's the answer TT sent me to my latest comment - see my post at top of page 8 of this thread.
Quote:
Dear ,

Thank you for your query regarding map upgrade.

The issue has now been resolved. You should be able to get the map without needing to use your code. Please visit us at https://www.tomtom.com/latestmap/ for further instructions.

I do apologize for the earlier oversight on my part.

With Best Regards

TomTom Customer Support Team

For those of you who are familiar with the song "There's a hole in my bucket", they have now returned me to getting some water!! - their instruction at the link simply tells you to click on "Latest Map Guarantee" in Home 2, which I had started off by reporting to them that it doesn't B-well work!!

Of course, I can now abandon that line of offense, because GO720 #5 which wouldn't get the Latest Map Guarantee has gone back to Halfords and is replaced with a Garmin 660FM. The latest GO720 #6 failed to get the Latest Map Guarantee and I'm currently awaiting the outcome of the phone call in which the support guy thought that of two map versions in question, 705 and 710, one of them was bound to be a typo.

The matter of longevity (actually shortevity!!) of the map guarantee is outrageous. If you look at any other threads about map updates, you'll see very plainly that it takes Tom Tom quite a long time to prepare a new map, not least because they issue several maps at one update release, so some maps would probably have been ready even before the x20 reached the High Street Colliers (I'm still on 7.05). So 30 days is daylight robbery.

dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Dennis (and others)

Here's a shot in the dark.....

Here in Canada, I ran into the problem of the fix for problems (red X) when installing the latest TTHome s/w resulted in my 7.10 map getting 'downgraded' to a 7.05 version. I got my unit 9/15 so the map guarantee wouldn't work.

Anyhow, after a few more calls and waits online, someone at TT 'pushed' the 7.10 map such that I could update through the 'Update my TT' menu choice. I know it's a different problem than yours but, what if ou try this...

1. Make sure you have a backup of your unit's map folder somewhere on the hard drive.
2. Remove the 7.05 map from your unit so that you have NO map.
3. Try the guarantee map option again?

Told ou it was a shot in the dark but what is there to lose? Very Happy
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
To Dennis (and others)

Here's a shot in the dark.....
Thanks dhn, worth a try, but it didn't work - everything gave me an error code (to report to TomTom - which I didn't Twisted Evil )

iyad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to understand this, I have 720 with 7.05 map. Home 2.0 is offering me the gurantee map, It get downloaded ok and Home says installed ok but when I go to my 720 I can only launch Canary Island but not Western Europe Map. My question here , do I need to download the new map 7.10 into TomTom or an SD card noting that the file is only around 1744kb. Please help
duckie008
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iyad wrote:
I am trying to understand this, I have 720 with 7.05 map. Home 2.0 is offering me the gurantee map, It get downloaded ok and Home says installed ok but when I go to my 720 I can only launch Canary Island but not Western Europe Map. My question here , do I need to download the new map 7.10 into TomTom or an SD card noting that the file is only around 1744kb. Please help

You need to go into 'manage maps' in the 720 and change the map from Canary islands to Western Europe. Easy!
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyT328 wrote:
To solve your issue with TomTom Home and installing updates, please do the following;-

- Uninstall TomTom Home
- Delete the following folder 'My Documents/TomTom HOME/Downloads'
- Download and install TomTom Home from http://www.tomtom.com/7602

You can then redownload any updates that you need.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team""[/b]

That same so called fix was sent to me for my mapshare problem, but of course it did not fix anything.
iyad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duckie008 wrote:
iyad wrote:

You need to go into 'manage maps' in the 720 and change the map from Canary islands to Western Europe. Easy!

I tried doing that but the only map shown is Canary Islands no Western Europe map is shown eventhough all the files are installed.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iyad wrote:

I tried doing that but the only map shown is Canary Islands no Western Europe map is shown eventhough all the files are installed.

Corrupted download? Try deleting from TT and downloading again?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: