Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MyGuide 3100
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MyGuide 3100

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siddler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: MyGuide 3100 Reply with quote

HI.....I wanted to know if it possible to simulate s route on this machine?.
I have emailed the company's support three times and never had one response from them...are they real people in their offices or micro chips?.

siddler Question Question Question
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: simulation Reply with quote

There are, but take a few weeks to respond; however their phones are open till 8pm;
ring after 6pm, won't cost that much.

http://www.my-guide.de/en/pro.php?p=12&pv=2

Certainly my 4200 has that feature Wink
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: simulation Reply with quote

There are, but take a few weeks to respond; however their phones are open till 8pm;

siddler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: simulation Reply with quote

peasemore wrote:

Thanks for the info....I have been waiting 7 weeks now....will 'phone them up.

siddler

Tempest
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean, put in a route and watch a demo of the car driving along the route as if you were actually driving?

Then yes, as I had that working on my 3100 shortly after I first got it.

Off the top of my head, I can't remember what it was called, but it was not hard to find.

My only grumble was it only ran at normal speed and I could not find a way to make it quicker than real time for the demo.
siddler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: MyGuide simulation of route Reply with quote

Tempest wrote:
Do you mean, put in a route and watch a demo of the car driving along the route as if you were actually driving?

Then yes, as I had that working on my 3100 shortly after I first got it.

Off the top of my head, I can't remember what it was called, but it was not hard to find.

My only grumble was it only ran at normal speed and I could not find a way to make it quicker than real time for the demo.
Hi thanks for reply...Sorry to say I cant find how...did you have a GPS signal?....put your thinking cap on please and see if you can rember Smile I'm not very good with these things have been trying for weeks Question .
Thanks.....siddler
Tempest
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, got the sat nav out and found out how in about 15 seconds ;)

Put in your route as normal, and you may find yourself in the "Cockpit" mode (the normal display when you are driving)

Click on the MENU button lower left screen.

Then back at the menu to the bottom right you will see a ROUTE button.

Click that, then select FLYOVER

this will put you back to the normal driving (cockpit) view, but will move along as if you were driving.

As I said, it only seems to run at normal speed, and personally I think it would be useful if you could alter the speed of the demo.

Let me know if you find it.

Remember.
Put in the route and look for the FLYOVER button in the menu's where I mentioned.

You don't need a GPS lock by the way.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MyGuide has iGO mapping as does Mio. On a PDA there are two choices, tap on Flyover for normal mode, or hold top left button and tap on Flyover for, about, 10x speed. As you have no buttons maybe you could try tap and hold on Flyover mode to see what happens. Or maybe look in your setting to see if you have a choice of changing it there.
siddler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: MyGuide simulation of route Reply with quote

Tempest wrote:
Ok, got the sat nav out and found out how in about 15 seconds ;)

Put in your route as normal, and you may find yourself in the "Cockpit" mode (the normal display when you are driving)

Click on the MENU button lower left screen.

Then back at the menu to the bottom right you will see a ROUTE button.

Click that, then select FLYOVER

this will put you back to the normal driving (cockpit) view, but will move along as if you were driving.

As I said, it only seems to run at normal speed, and personally I think it would be useful if you could alter the speed of the demo.

Let me know if you find it.

Remember.
Put in the route and look for the FLYOVER button in the menu's where I mentioned.

You don't need a GPS lock by the way.
Hi.....I did what you said and it worked ok,,,,could not as yet make it run faster...also I found there
where no POI's long the route....thanks for the help....siddler Very Happy
Tempest
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost_Property wrote:
The MyGuide has iGO mapping as does Mio. On a PDA there are two choices, tap on Flyover for normal mode, or hold top left button and tap on Flyover for, about, 10x speed. As you have no buttons maybe you could try tap and hold on Flyover mode to see what happens. Or maybe look in your setting to see if you have a choice of changing it there.

Thanks for the info, I'll take another look.
I've been thru all the settings I can find and never saw a FLYOVER speed option.

It does seem odd, to miss out a speed option as it's a zero cost addition, and to be honest a demo at normal speed is pretty useless.

I'd have thought they would have put a PLUS and MINUS button on the screen during the demo, together with an EXIT button.

I know it's not really important so it's no issue, but it seems off when there are so many options for so many other things (many you don't need) to have left this obvious one off.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: