Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 7 released for GO 910, GO 710 and GO 510 - finally!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 7 released for GO 910, GO 710 and GO 510 - finally!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HenryMitchell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Rant Reply with quote

Hi AWDXS1,

All your points are fair but I still think the TomTom is better than most if not all the competition.

However, other will come up and overtake them unless TomTom listen to their customers...

I don't use the handsfree function so I will probably stick to V7.16 for now and see how it goes.
Map: Europe v920.5244 (11/2013)
mullengers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xda wrote:
rk6246 wrote:
Another problem, it appears that you are more limited to the number of POI categories in V7...

After upgrading to 7.16 I can't add anymore categories, so I even deleted some existing ones, and I still can't add any.

Does anyone know the maximum number in V7?

Ross

The limit is 100. Included in this are the CA****.ov2 files you will get via MapShare. The PA****.ov2 files which are what are produced when you update any of the MapShare POI files.

Any POI files you add including the PGPSW Camera files.

The downside is that TomTom will always use its own files before it uses the ones you add so if you exceed to 100 any over that will not be displayed or acted on.

The number of MapShare categories that you use can be controlled from within TomTom Home, Preferences/TomTom MapShare/Select POI Categories.

Yes, found this too. In fact I found that with over 100 POI Catagories then only the first 24 are shown in the list. Once I deleted some and got my list down to 84 categories everything worked as expected again.

I also found that if I try to "Navigate to POIs near me" and have more then 24 POIs in a user POI category then it only shows the first 24 POIs nearest to me. The others are there (found with POIs near a city X) but can't be accessed. The Find button is restricted to the 24 as is the graphical POI browser. Its not just distance related as if I have just three POIs in a category that are 5000km away then all three show up.
This is a big deal as I do lots of driving and I use POIs for work destinations all over the UK in place of "Favorites". My initial v7 euphoria wore off when I noticed this... can TomTom support save-the-day and fix this issue quickly?
blackwellgraham
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My upgrade worked fine. I now have the status bar on the right, overspeed that no longer flashes red on blue (hurrah) and some more nice features I can play with.

Thanks TomTom. Laughing
rk6246
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just received a response from TT regarding the lack of bluetooth filesharing on the 7.16 release for the x10, here's the (incorrect, I think!) response:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

Unfortunately, TomTom devices do not currently have bluetooth filesharing functionality. However, we take all feedback received very seriously in the future development of our products, therefore we have passed your comments on to our Product Management and Marketing Team.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team
Traveller
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the display of 'building footprints' only available on the x20 models or is it also on the x10 series?
HenryMitchell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get raised edges to the built-up areas to give some texture but not the building shapes on the x20 models.
Traveller
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks Smile

By built up areas you mean city/town centres and not lone buildings?
HenryMitchell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traveller wrote:
OK thanks Smile

By built up areas you mean city/town centres and not lone buildings?

That's right- the individual building shapes from the x20's are not shown but the "Built up areas" now have a shadow to make them appear raised up. It's a bit of a gimmick really as it doesn't actually help you find your way! Having said that, I'm not sure if the building outlines on the x20's are any more use...
Traveller
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Smile I think I will stick with my 910 for now then. ;)
HenryMitchell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traveller wrote:
Cheers Smile I think I will stick with my 910 for now then. ;)

That's what I'm doing- the v7.16 upgrade isn't as good as I expected but the x20's seem a bit buggy and little better. Maybe a future upgrade to them might make me change my mind as they are a lot smaller.
Pinkpanther
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm and experienced user, however, I upgraded my TT700 from v6.52 this moring. I also updated Home to v2. The installation(s) appeared to go OK. A little later, I decided to alter the warning distances on the GPSworld Speed Camera POIs and when it asked me if I wished to keep the sound (there wasn't one), I repiled "No". It then said "Photos not available" or a similar message, and locked up the TT. Photos are not compatible with TT700 anf there are no photo files installed anyway. I tried to restore from my backup from yesterday, using Homev2. It said it had worked but clearly hadn't, asit took about 5secs. I then reverted to Homev1.5 and all redtored OK. including v6.52.

All is now well and I'm happy, but still using Home v1.5 and TTv6.52.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? Is there a bug? What advantages should there have been if everything had worked OK?
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinkpanther wrote:
I'm and experienced user, however, I upgraded my TT700 from v6.52 this moring. I also updated Home to v2. The installation(s) appeared to go OK. A little later, I decided to alter the warning distances on the GPSworld Speed Camera POIs and when it asked me if I wished to keep the sound (there wasn't one), I repiled "No". It then said "Photos not available" or a similar message, and locked up the TT. Photos are not compatible with TT700 anf there are no photo files installed anyway. I tried to restore from my backup from yesterday, using Homev2. It said it had worked but clearly hadn't, asit took about 5secs. I then reverted to Homev1.5 and all redtored OK. including v6.52.

All is now well and I'm happy, but still using Home v1.5 and TTv6.52.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? Is there a bug? What advantages should there have been if everything had worked OK?

IMPORTANT
When you get to the part where the GO520 asks you "Is this the sound you wish to use?" you MUST answer YES even though you don't hear any sound (or indeed, if you hear a sound which you DON'T want) - saying NO goes "base over apex" and locks your device up (if you've already done that, use the reset button!).
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
Pinkpanther
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your prompt reply XDA. I'll give this a go when I next get a few minutes.

Did I miss some instruction though, or did you find this by trial and error?

Thanks again Pinkpanther
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a known bug that affects all units running version 7 software, TomTom might not bother doing much about it though as using ogg files is not (I think) officially suported, and they would obviously prefer us to use their own Speed Camera database from a comercial stance. So any bug affecting third party POI warnings will not be high on the priority list IMHO - Mike
Pinkpanther
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for additional information mikealder. Point taken!

Best regards,

Pinkpanther

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: