Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 7 released for GO 910, GO 710 and GO 510 - finally!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 7 released for GO 910, GO 710 and GO 510 - finally!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HenryMitchell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone found out if POI Capture still works after the upgrade? I understand it may not...
Map: Europe v920.5244 (11/2013)
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HenryMitchell wrote:
Has anyone found out if POI Capture still works after the upgrade? I understand it may not...

It doesn't. No SDK Support from v7 onwards.
NickG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Only get the splash screen? Reply with quote

Only get the splash screen?

If anyone upgrades their x10 to 7.16 and finds out it only boots to the splash screen then do the following:

1. Reset the device to turn it off using a paper clip near rear connector.
2. With TomTom Home running and the device on the dock, turn it back on and allow it to connect to the computer (the TT should have the green computer picture showing).
3. Click the "My TomTom" or "operate my device" link and first of all use the device on your screen in the 'simulator'. After you've used the device via the computer, it should then boot normally.

No idea why this works, but it's worked for me and several others when this trick was posted to the forums of another site.

Last edited by NickG on Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: TTGo 500 Reply with quote

Since loading V7.16 onto my TTG 500 last night, the first difference I noticed was a quicker route catculation, one which I usually take. i will look for more as I drive around the country.
NickG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AT LAST: Status bar on the right! I've been waiting for this ever since they went widescreen!

MapShare is useful too (but somewhat limited). I've been able to fix the incorrect one-way designations in Winchester which I've had to put up with for 3-4 years.

The "Help Me" feature seems inapplicable to the UK. All the UK POIs apart from Hospitals are missing so most of these features don't work.

I've not noticed any difference in route calculation speeds, but I forgot to measure this before I upgraded. Perhaps someone who hasn't yet upgraded can do some before and after measurements on some long route plans?

I noticed that it said something like "[i] journey recording enabled" in a blue bar on the screen the first time I used it under version 7. Does anyone know what this means, where the data is stored, and what it's used for? I've not seen the bar since.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickG wrote:
The "Help Me" feature seems inapplicable to the UK. All the UK POIs apart from Hospitals are missing so most of these features don't work.

Nick, see my post on Page 2 of this thread for the solution to that particular issue.
john999boy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Can anyone think of a reason why the Go300 wasn't included in the latest release? I thought it was pretty identical to the 500.

I agree - just thought the difference was the bluetooth handsfree between Go300 & Go500
rk6246
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I upgraded my 910 this morning and so far have found out the following (which I'm sure some of you may already know):

BAD

1) Bluetooth handsfree is now awful, echo's everywhere and it hangs after a while dropping the call, but repeating the previous second or so of audio until I reboot.

2) Voice activated address input isn't available

3) Can't see how to change the position cursor

4) Map share isn't available with my version of maps

5) Bluetooth file sharing doesn't seem to be available either Sad

GOOD

1) Maps now look a lot nicer onscreen, there appears to be some sort of "3D" effect to the maps in 3D view mode (I think they've just added shadows to edges of things, but it makes a big difference).

2) Optional Auto shutdown on power loss after a timeout. This is a great feature that was removed as a "bug fix" earlier on in the V6 software so when the external power is removed, the device switches off. I use this as I've got it wired so that the power is fed from the ignition of the car.

3) Can have a "Media" shortcut button on the main display for quick access to the MP3 player.
NickG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no true "pedestrian" mode which I find disappointing given the sizes of the newer devices (Ie, why can't you turn off snap to roads). It's useless for walking around in town and a Garmin style "breadcrumbs" trail would be very useful and easy to implement. A simple arrow giving the direction and distance to the waypoint would also be helpful in this mode.
rk6246
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickG wrote:
A simple arrow giving the direction and distance to the waypoint would also be helpful in this mode.

I did see something in the preferences about being able to set the compass to "point to destination", but I doubt this would affect the distance display too.
NickG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rk6246 wrote:
I did see something in the preferences about being able to set the compass to "point to destination", but I doubt this would affect the distance display too.

Yeah your right - thanks! Direct distance (as crow flies) gets displayed inside the compass too.

All we need now is a way to show the TRUE location instead of a snapped-to-nearest-road location. Even if you plan a pedestrian route, it still snaps to roads. Pedestrian seems to just mean that it will plan a "shortest" route and ignores all one-way designations and road blocks.
steveJ
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, still no news as to whether a Navcore 7 option will be available for TT Navigator 6 users ? Sad , but there again, from what I've seen said about the upgrade on x10 devices, I'm wondering if it would actually be worth it!!! Confused

Steve
Longarms
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Missing Help Me Guides/POIs Reply with quote

Have updated my G510 to v7 software. However, I don't appear to have any of the guides installed. Any idea why?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickG wrote:

All we need now is a way to show the TRUE location instead of a snapped-to-nearest-road location.

Have you looked at the "Off Road Navigator" add-on for the TomTom?

Website is HERE
and the author "roussillat" can be found HERE
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Have you looked at the "Off Road Navigator" add-on for the TomTom?
Don't forget putting these applications on a device running version 7 software will remove certain menu icons from the display, MapShare is one suspect, but Help Me disapears all the time if there is anything in the sdk folder. That said its a small loss, if you want true off road capabilities its a great application - even better if combined with a map tile as a background image - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: