Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Liz Whittaker
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Liz Whittaker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saroleve
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Liz Whittaker Reply with quote

Hi can anyone help, been trying to find where to download Liz Whittaker voice for Navigator 6 using on VPA phone/pda, been using Liz on my mobile 5 and would like to use for instructions on the new setup. The links I've followed on this site just send me to and advertising site.

Thanks Very Happy
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have them in the correct .ogg format on our voice alert downloads page here.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original source for the files was Ray Flanagans excellent web site which appears to be no longer available which is a real shame, if it is the navigation voice file you wanted for use on the PDA using the Liz voice please check your e-mail - Mike
saroleve
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike & Darren for the ultan fast reply hopefully the phone/pda will be with me this weekend and now I have the voice and camera alerts it shouldn't take long to sort out.

Steve Very Happy
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: My Guide Reply with quote

On related subject did anyone ever find source for My Guide Sat Nav voice file updates Question
saroleve
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi every one can anyone tell me where to put the liz whittaker voice data chk tried the voices folder still only comes up with tim & jane. I have a Vodaphone VPA Comact with windows 2003 se

Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create a folder named "voices" (without the "") put this folder in the root of the memory card, put the Liz navigation voice files into this folder.

Create a folder called "TomTom" (without the "") put this folder in the root of the memory card, it doesn't need anything in this folder, but it needs to be present - Mike
saroleve
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike thanks for the quick reply much appreciated tried what you say and still no joy have also done a soft resett on the phone. Confused
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you find a folder on the PDA that is data06.chk or data05.chk, if you can where is it? - is this on the memory card or in My documents or somewhere else? - these files should be standard UK voice files - Mike
billyking
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this somewhere when i had the same trouble with an ipaq
The files were on the mem card and not on the device or vice/versa,i can't rember Laughing which but it would'nt work

-----------------------------------
Tom Tom Voices for TT Go, Classic, 300, 500, 700 & Navigator – Software level 5 and above.

The following instructions are as easy as possible, but should you have any problems, call your Mum.

These voices have been tested on all TomTom’s (Classic, Go, 300, 500, 700 & Navigator).

.:INSTRUCTIONS FOR TOMTOM GO ONLY:
A. You will need to extract/unzip the files to a folder on your PC (a good idea is to make a new folder, for example, "C:\tomtom").
B. Switch on your TomTom.
C. Connect your tomtom go to the computer with your USB cable.
i.e. Click the Start logo [usually] at the bottom left of your screen & then click on "my computer" and you should see the tomtom under Devices with Removable Storage with a small icon.
Double click on the icon and the Tom Tom's folder view will open.
D. If you have a folder labelled "voices", double click it. Then proceed to step F, otherwise goto Step E
E. You need to store you voice files in the root folder (the first folder you see, after following Step C).
F. Copy any of the voice **files** from the folder (not the folder) and paste into the folder selected in steps D or E (i.e. copy all the files from that folder: data96.chk and data96.bmp and data96.vif).
G. Repeat for as many voices as you like.
H. After pasting the last voice wait about 30 seconds (after copying has completed) and then remove your USB cable.
I. Your TomTom will now re-boot and the voices will be available to select.

With pictures – making you selection simple!

To change a voice on your TomTom:
1. Click in the centre of the screen:
2. Click "Change Preferences "
3. Click the right arrow, three times.
4. Now Click "Change Voice"
5. Use the right and left buttons to scroll around your available voices.

.:INSTRUCTIONS FOR PDA TOMTOM ONLY:
1. Follow the instructions above.
2. IF THAT FAILS: Copy the voice files into the "tomtom" folder under "mobile device/my documents".
3. Ensure for each voice that you copy the 3 files (dataXX.vif, dataXX.chk & dataXX.bmp).
4. For Nokia 6600 Users: Aparrently it needs 16kbit datastream voice files, use a file splitter and then convert the ogg files from 22kbit to 16kbit and assemble them again.

If Locutio made these £3.99 these would be shifting more than their server could handle...now open source instead.

Happy and safe travelling,
HotShot

PS.
1. Don’t forget you can get the speed cameras for FREE from: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php [Full instructions are there].
2. You can get the speed camera alerts to be verbal - rather than beeps, FREE from: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-go-poi-alerts.php [Full instructions are there].
3. To change your start-up screen (Splash Screen), see: http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=TOMTOMGO&thread=1430 & http://www.gomo-web.de/
4. To customise the menu go to: http://www.skux.net/tomtom/menubuilder2/index.php

If you paid for this on eBay, then they saw you coming!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: