Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NEW VERSION tomtom RDS TMC reciever out yet?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW VERSION tomtom RDS TMC reciever out yet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom haven't updated my case yet - I will call them tomorrow.

After being on the list since the original anouncement I am a little p!$$3d that I am having to remind them - especially as I received a call from the head of UK customer services in July advising me that I didn't have to do anything - they would contact me as soon as the replacements were ready sometime around September.

My unit has been modded - they had better replace it!!

Andy
rjm2k
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, TomTom have updated my case saying I can send my receiver to them and they will send out a replacement. The replacement seems to have the same model number as the current one so I'm not exactly sure what they have changed or if trust them not to screw it up, but it's not much use as it is at the moment anyway.
nbg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here:

Quote:
Product(s) to be send in for repair:
TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver EU v3.0 [M]

Product(s) to be send out after receipt of the product(s) listed above:
TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver EU v3.0 [M]

But I'm optimistic that they will sort this out fine.
rjm2k
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked what changes had been made to the replacement, unfortunatly they didn't bother to read my email and just replied saying that they would send the replacement when I sent mine in Sad
rjm2k
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my returns box has arrived, not managed to put the inside bit together but a jiffie bag is just as good, bit of a cockup filling in the receipt label but hopefully the post office will be able to do something with it. Wait and see what they've done to improve it then.....
micknelson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teecee90 wrote:
fizzme wrote:
teecee90 wrote:
Ok, for those of us that didn't purchase the initial RDS unit, is it now safe to go an buy the new one? If so, can anyone recommend a supplier?

You can get one half price for £34.99 from Argos.

But I would assume it is old model.

Hmmmmm......I'll resist the temptation !

Depending on the price of the new one it might be worth getting the old one then getting Tomtom to change it for a new one under the repalcement scheme.
beaconlegal
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rang them yesterday to ask what they actually wanted me to do. The girl I spoke to seemed most offended that I should suggest their email was anything other than crystal clear!

Anyway, I was told to fill in my address information on the web site (even though my information is already pre-filled in - apparently I have to press "submit"!) and that I would then receive a box through the Royal Mail in which to place the RDS-TMC receiver and send it back to Tom Tom, with my receipt.

I mentioned that, having bought the GO and the receiver in a bundel a year ago, the receipt might not be to hand and was told that that was my warranty and that I would need to be able to produce it.

I didn't bother trying to explain about the Supply of Goods and Services Act because I didn't see it was going to cut any ice!

Anyway, receipt found, details "submitted" and box awaited. I was told replacement would be sent out within 5 - 10 days of them receiving the old one.

We shall see.
rjm2k
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't suppose she told you what they had done to make the replacment work better but still not need a new model/revision number?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't get to hung up on the part numbers, it seems the whole numbering issue is a complete SNAFU but they are only shipping the latest versions regardless.
beaconlegal
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't ask about versions etc, merely confirmed with her that it was a replacement, not a repair (a repair being sort of what they had implied in their email). She was a bit snooty - didn't encourage conversation!

I wonder whether, after all this, I will actually be any better off - I've recently changed my car and this one has an athermic windscreen necessitating external GPS antenna. I guess if the windscreen interferes with GPS signals, it won't be defeated by a piddling little RDS signal!!! Rolling Eyes
beaconlegal
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strewth - Tom Tom have gone into overdrive ....

To cut a long story very short, I was emailing support for months. After a while they stopped answering so, in desparation, I wrote by snailmail to the Big Cheese in Amsterdam. That caused a second support thread to be opened with a copy of my letter as its root. All the stuff I referred to above about being told to fill in details on the web site and send them the TMC receiver arose out of the second thread.

Now, low and behold, I have just received and email from the original thread with duplicate instructions and, upon checking, I find they have now opened a 2nd repair log for me.

Guess what...., the version numbers in that one are different to the first one (though still. wrong!!) Talk about the left hand not knowing about the right hand .....

Pity I havn't got another rubbish unit to send them - I might have got 2 new ones!!
iTekweni
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all just an update on these replacement I was surprised last week to recieve an email from tomtom offering to replace my reciever and when looking at the repair & service section on the website it had the same replacement part as what I had and I mailed tomtom about my concerns and this is the email I got back from them:-

Dear Mr W,
Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

When creating the repair for you, I have made a note to the repair centre to swap the receiver for the newer version that is released. Once the part is returned, you should expect the new version to be sent to you.

Thank you for pointing this out, however I do expect the new version to be returned as requested in my escalation note to their department.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

To my disgust when I picked up the new reciever from the post office this afternoon it was the same typ 4V00.000 which they sent me back, this is of no use to me or anyone and TT support have wasted money and time.

There is no way for me to follow this up on the reference number It was exchanged on now I have to make a new enquiry and go to the back of the queue.

I am really miffed to say the least
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll feed this back to TomTom, I fear this is turning into a debacle Sad
beaconlegal
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quelle surprise....

I shall be interested in feedback on this Darren and I think I shall delay sending mine off until I see the response you get. Do you really think they actually care at all?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think they fail to appreciate how important successful resolution of this is!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 14 of 30

Jump to: