Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New way to do custom POI warnings in TomTom 5 & 6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New way to do custom POI warnings in TomTom 5 & 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moose69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Spoken word camera alerts Reply with quote

Hi, I have a full list of camera alerts with retro sampled star trek type alerts mixed with a female voice for each camera type if anyone is interested.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good.
I'd love to see some more sets added to the ogg files Collections Page.
I can't upload them to the site myself Crying or Very sad so hopefully Darren will spot this.
If not, send him a PM or email (details HERE)
wjharing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, I have finally been able to save up for a nice juicy TT720, which I unwrapped last night.

Anyhow, I have speedcam files installed, which work fine. also downloaded .ogg files and made sure names are identical.

Is there a way to test the sound with the specific (speedcam)POI? there is no sound icon showing up infront of the POI unless I specifically select a sound. When selecting a sound I can only choose a default one, not any of the .ogg files.

Wouter.
moose69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I have only installed new sounds using the data.chk program. With this the same names for camera alerts are shown, i.e boing and cow, but the actual sound has changed to your new alerts. Have now read the page about naming the original sound files to accept new and all that. Have just tried this with TT 5.2 and it works fine. Maybe one of the others can give you a hand with your new TT720. I still find the data.chk way easier though as long as you make a copy of your original data.chk file. THIS IS A MUST.If the data.chk gets screwed, your in the brown stuff!!!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FAQ #5 which can be found from This Page details a basic test you can do to hear the warnings for some of the cameras, I am not aware of any selection you can make on a 720 to get it to play an ogg file while setting up the camera warnings though - Mike
wjharing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Unfortunately this is not working on the TT 720 I have. when I get to the screen to choose between sound/text, and I select sound, it puts be back to the previous screen to select the distance before the warning.

might be a bug in the 720?
pete1312
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just a casual visitor to this site, so please forgive me for not having read through all ??? pages again.

Am I still correct in my understsanding that the "ogg" method does not (and never will) support TT Mobile 5?

Thanks in anticipation
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pete 1312 You are correct the only method for you to have spoken alerts on TomTom Mobile 5 is via the modified data.chk route, there are some modified data.chk files available on This Page, please ensure you get the file that matched the version number of the software you have installed.

wjharing, what you are experiancing with your device is normal behaviour, however I still stand by what I earlier posted read FAQ #5 and try the Testing method contained within the guide, this will at least prove to you that the warnings are working. AFAIK you cannot preview ogg file sounds on the device - although it would be nice if you could - Mike
moose69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: OGG Camera alerts Reply with quote

Hi remember that when using a program like audacity to make or edit alerts that each time you save or export as an ogg file the program will put the name of the poi (eg tesco) AND ALSO .ogg at the end.
If your alerts are not working then rename the file name and rub off the bit that says .ogg. It should work then.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: OGG Camera alerts Reply with quote

moose69 wrote:
Hi remember that when using a program like audacity to make or edit alerts that each time you save or export as an ogg file the program will put the name of the poi (eg tesco) AND ALSO .ogg at the end.
If your alerts are not working then rename the file name and rub off the bit that says .ogg. It should work then.
Are you saying that in your example, the ogg file should be saved as Tesco, rather than Tesco.OGG? If that is what you are saying, then I can confirm that, certainly for TomTom, that information is incorrect.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: OGG Camera alerts Reply with quote

moose69 wrote:

This most certainly IS incorrect.
Moose - it sounds like you have not yet altered Windows Explorer to SHOW EXTENSIONS FOR KNOWN FILE TYPES.

This means that you have been accidentally calling files xyz.ogg.ogg without realising it, so your "fix" has been to strip off the second extension, leaving one that you can't see.

To cure this behaviour, in Windows Explorer (or My Computer) TOOLS / FOLDER OPTIONS / VIEW Tab /
In the "Advanced settings" section:-
UN-TICK "Hide extensions for known file types"

All will then be revealed!
moose69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have checked my folder settings and the file extentions were indeed hidden. I have corrected this now and have found that all the alerts are now .ogg. SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION CAUSED.
footman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
fordfocus wrote:
DOES NOT WORK on this setup, can only select the original sounds.
Once you put the files in to the folder you then need to go to Warn when near POI and select each POI category at a time, the action of re-configuring the POI warning appears to activate the new settings (this worked on TTN5,21) - not tried it on the mobile version as I don't have access to it - Mike

Hi
I'm in urgent need of help on this. I've had Andys prompts working very well for some months but after playing around with some French POI's before going on holiday all I'm getting are the tomtom noise warnings.

I've re-added all the ogg files to my CF card but if I select each POI category in "warn when near POI" all I'm offered are the bells, bugles etc.!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look in detail at the contents of the map folder and make sure that each UK speed camera file has a correspondingly named ogg file, if not this is your problem, have you more than one map installed to the device? - if so make sure you look in the Active map folder i.e. the one that is selected.
Also check how many files you have in the folder that end with the file extension .ov2 if this is over 100 (vs6 software) or 39 (vs5 software) then it is time to prune your POI selection.
What version of TomTom have you got on the device? - Mike
footman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've followed every one of your suggestions (I had over 120 French ov2 files!)
The addition of warnings where I had a correspondingly named ogg file worked without prompting me for a bell or whistle Very Happy

so I'm hopeful Ive got my voices back. Thanks so much for your swift reply and advice.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 30 of 35

Jump to: