Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One V2 First Aid Guide?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One V2 First Aid Guide?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prezzacc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: TomTom One V2 First Aid Guide? Reply with quote

Hi all, i have go a tomtom one v2 and recently got version 7.120 which now shows a new Help Me Function. In there is a button for First Aid Guide and Other Guides but when i click them it says No info is available. I have read websites claiming that V3 comes with the guides so surely we can get them ?! Any help greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you read that?
I've seen THIS POST that says you DON'T get one of the guides, but the TomTom site HERE suggests that you DO.

I'd take it up with customer support, quoting their own website description (above) back at them, and see what they say.
prezzacc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i just searched the internet and seemed to find a few companies selling the V3 listed it as coming with a safety first aid guide so my thinking was that if V3 have it Surely if we could get hold of the guide it should work? Who knows! Thanks for your quick reply ill try and contact them and see what they say.
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I mentioned on another thread, I have just downloaded Version 7.12, and TomTom HOME 2.0, and the "Map share" button doesn't work, I need a new map that suports mapshare. Also, my First aid button says " No info is available", the police button says the phone number is 112 or something, I think the info that is missing, must be on the new maps. The petrol station on the help buttons lists the petrol station up the road from me, but the Dentist, Hospital, Doctor, etc are all 200 plus miles away, so not an over helpfull help file. I have e-mailed TomTom and moaned about the map share not working, but it would seam that if you have V2 ONE with an old map, (660.1219), there is little point in upgrading.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of the confusion is due to the version numbers of the devices, the TomTom One Third Edition comes with fully functional Help me including the country guide, medical guide and car repair, the POI discrepancies you mention are down to the poor POI files supplied, the idea is to use map share to add local knowledge, sadly in your case this cannot happen until you upgrade to a v675 (or more recent map).
THe phone number 112 is used across all of Europe for the emergency operator and it does work in this country, but I don't suggest you try it unless you need to call them, it is the equivalent of dialing 999 in this country. - Mike
prezzacc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see its sort of making sense. So theres lots of versions to confuse us all! I have map v675. Is there a later one available then? Thanks for all your help, its not like i need it, but i just thought as the function was there it would be helpful to have! Still im impressed with the few changes this version has got.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is newer map v705.1485 BUT as far as I know this is only supplied with the purchase of the new One Thrid Edition, I am not too sure it is available as a download in its own right as yet - Mike
prezzacc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that could explain it then! Maybe i just need to be patient! How much do map upgrades cost? Or are they free?! Thanks again!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never free...
More money than you think they should be...

http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/index.php?Lid=1

Be careful though... I'm not convinced that these guides will be included with a new map anyway.
On my 720, they are .html files and .jpg images in a separate "helpme" folder.
I tried opening some of the html files but they don't open in a browser except as code/text:
Quote:
��� ��.ád� IMG� SRC="./@images0 01.gi�’X6rmat�ion1�. What t�o do in a ! (!2. Ca€sualty ðbðbbwith_�burns_an�d_scaldsX"3@p" " �"
etc.
etc.
gray52
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have a 660 or 675 map i would not upgrade to the v7 euro map has ive ditched this and am now using my old v660.1256, i like the unit but the mapping is pants. i think garmin could now over take tomtom just by bringing out some upto date maps, without getting thier customers to update them for them, then charge them for a new map every year.
prezzacc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i guess trying to add that folder and those files on the TTone wouldnt work? Too easy i guess thanks for the info though!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said above, I reckon you've got a good case with TomTom if they say on their own website that the feature is available on all models.
prezzacc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would of thought with the right folders and right filenames as you have the files would probably open but as you have advised i have now informed tomtom so who knows maybe they will realise and sort the problem!? Wishful thinking Thanks for you help.
computergenie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also contacted TomTom via email and waiting reply from them about this feature. ;)
SanDisk 2GB SD Card.
henklbr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've uploaded these folders to RapidShare, but I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link here . . . Question

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: