Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 720 new maps, old postcodes
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

720 new maps, old postcodes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
julesmay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: 720 new maps, old postcodes Reply with quote

still playing, and concievably still paying!!! TT have undoubtedly create mapshare to avoid having to pay map suppliers for up to date cartography.
i was just fiddling with my 720 and decided to type in my parents address in manchester- the unit returned a postcode that has not been in use for 10yrs??? m34 changed to m41 eons ago
whats that all about! i dont see why i should pay a premium for so called bells and whistles gadgets when things like this come to fruition.
whilst i think on, i was on the M6 today going to cannock, the TT kept screeching at me saying there was a 40mph speed limit- WRONG!! those raod works were completed 9mths ago and all cameras removed.

just now Evil or Very Mad to add insult to injury , the "planned route" from current position to parentals- takes me on a wild goose chase- and by no means fastest/shortest route- bark raving mad! why would i drive to denton/stockport if i was going to go near the trafford centre????

not amused
madou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 720 new maps, old postcodes Reply with quote

julesmay wrote:
not amused

Neither am I, having just wasted almost an hour trying to find places by postcode in Sevenoaks ( Kent ) and Iver Heath ( Bucks )

Both postcodes give you the correct location in Google Maps
mpwilson99
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just whilst we are on the subject of postcodes, does Mapshare give you the chance to add new postcodes in? or at least report them.

Cheers
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpwilson99 wrote:
Just whilst we are on the subject of postcodes, does Mapshare give you the chance to add new postcodes in? or at least report them.

Cheers

You can indeed add or alter postcodes using MapShare, but whether they are instantly available to you or merely reported, I don't know.
lyngarth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Buxton wrote:

You can indeed add or alter postcodes using MapShare, but whether they are instantly available to you or merely reported, I don't know.

I have sent in a couple, my address being one, no postcode for my road, and house numbers stop at 36 and I live at 44. I sent this in the week the 720 came out, but as to yet, still nothing showing on my tomtom. Maybe the next new maps will have it on, my house has only been here for 9 yrs !!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say for sure but I THINK that anything you report with Mapshare that comes under "Report other error" will only appear on new maps (or an improved version of Mapshare). It's only the changes that have their own button on the first menu page that will be updated at the moment.
madou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lyngarth wrote:
Maybe the next new maps will have it on, my house has only been here for 9 yrs !!!

The Iver Heath ( Bucks ) postcode has applied to the same two properties since the beginning of the post code system according to the owner. The Sevenoaks ( Kent ) postcode is in an old established part of the town. I suspect that neither has ever been correct on TomTom, who should just license a correct postcode database

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: