Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installing Tomtom 5 on new ETEN X500+
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing Tomtom 5 on new ETEN X500+

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cldcp00
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Installing Tomtom 5 on new ETEN X500+ Reply with quote

I ahve bought a new device and trying to load Tomtom 5 on it but get the error message below

TomTom Setup Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Error signature

ppName: setup.exe AppVer: 4.6.4.0 ModName: setup.exe
ModVer: 4.6.4.0 Offset: 000087a3

It worked fine on the old device
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you installing the application? - I would try copying the CAB installer files to the PDA and run them on the device to install the app. Is it version 5,21 you have? - if not I would update to this version of software as it is free - Mike
wipca
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Eten X500+ and TT6 Reply with quote

I just got a Eten X500+ running WM6 and I tried to install TT6. It works ok
nigelw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just got a nice shiny new Eten x500+ as well. I can't get TomTom 5 to install either.

The problem I have is that when I ran TomTom setup the program failed saying it couldn't talk to the mobile device. Now it just crashes.

I've tried copying various CAB files to the x500+ and installing those, but that also fails. It begins the installation, the little coloured wheel spins for a while, then it fails with an error message which simply says that the installation was unsuccessful. No reason is given.

Maybe TomTom 5 won't run on this device at all.
Has anyone succeeded in getting TT5 to install on an x500+?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say various CAB files which ones are you you trying, if its TTN5,21 then there are two CAB files. I would delete/ remove any TomTom related files / folders from the device, download 5,21 from the TomTom web site, extract the CAB files and try using them - Mike
nigelw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I probably tried the wrong CABs. I have an upgrade version of TT5 from TT3, with all the maps of Western Europe on CD. I'd tried to install every CAB which was on the GB CD. I'd forgotten that there are actually 7 CDs, with 6 map CDs and one application CD. In a rush to get the new toy working, not enough time spent to engage brain correctly.

I did try downloading the 5.21 upgrade from TomTom, but this doesn't contain any CABs, just an exe which fails to work. Their website also states that this upgrade only works if you already have installed, and registered, TT5.

Anyway, to avoid any future problems I decided it would be easiest to buy TT6. I'd never considered buying it before because I had a Dell Axim X50v which TT6 doesn't support. Installing TT6 on the x500+ works without any problems (other than getting TT to use the correct GPS port setting, which appears to be a moving target).
Bruce_Crowthorne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone get TT5 to install on the Eten X500+ ?
I am thinking of upgrading my PDA and would want to use my existing TT5 (I have UK, Europe and US maps and grudge upgrading).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: