Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 910 locks up on Splash Screen
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 910 locks up on Splash Screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LQA
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: TomTom 910 locks up on Splash Screen Reply with quote

I bought a TomTom 910 in America a few weeks ago and had this error and couldn't resolve it, fortunatly the shop exchanged it.

Now back in the Uk I have suffered it again. Now after much searching I found the solution somewhere else on the net. I reproduce it here as this is generally the first place people look. Any credit is for the original author and not me.

For those who don't have the luxury of going back to the shop, its better to understand what the problem is:-

If your 910 is freezing on the startup screens, it means its unable to load up the software, usually caused by the operating system files becoming corrupted.

Now you can fix this yourself, its not a hardware issue. I've had the same problem before on my 910, and got some help from support, they basically told me to do the following, which worked:-

Connect the tomtom to the pc

open my computer

browse the contents of the tomtom

select and copy only the yellow folders on the 910, create a new folder on your desktop, paste the yellow folders into the new folder on your desktop.

Format the 910 (FAT32)

open TomTom home, let it check for updates, it will download the latest application update, let it install that. Safely remove the 910 from your pc using windows safely remove hardware utility, then switch the device off and take it off the home dock. It will load up the software and say no maps found.

At this point connect the device back to the pc

Copy the yellow folders back onto the tomtom

Your device should now work ok... (this process can take a long while, i.e. a lot of data to backup)
kalvin928s4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

thx for the help, mine has done this recently on 2 occassions, on 1st i restored with back up I had and no probs but today it didnt work.....

I did virtually all what you did.... but I actually copied everything via explorer onto my desktop in another folder, formatted the hardrive then put everything back on the p910 ( Not using tomtom home at all) then turned on tomtom home and then my tt 910 and then updated it..... all seems fine now... definatley software bug or something

cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: