Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - going from tt910 to tt720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

going from tt910 to tt720

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kalvin928s4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: going from tt910 to tt720 Reply with quote

hi.... thinking of changing to this new model but some quickies..... will all my ov2 files etc all transfer over without any probs?? and i can use my tmc, mic all from tomtom 910? does 720 have speaker out and will my tomtom910 remote work with it??

many thx

p.s does it come with 2 years or 1 years guarantee......... if purchasing is it worth paying little bit extra and buying from argos, simply because if it goes wrong they will replace rather one than having to wait to send to it to tomtom themselves and waiting whilst repair occurs???
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poi's can go across have just been adding a lot of poi's right now ,not too sure about the remote but i see there is 1 for the 720 i can only assume it's the same
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remote from an x10 device will not work with the newer x20 units as they employ a different technology from what I have read.
Mic no as there is only a connection for Audio Line out, that said the inbuilt mic is considerably better than the x10 units. I don't use the audio line out though the x20 FM transmitter works just fine for me.

As for spending extra, I doubt it is worth it, your contract is with the retailer so any returns will be via the seller - most larger retailers will offer a swap if a new device fails to work in the first few days, after that they generally work - modern electronics either fail straight away or through improper usage - Mike
kalvin928s4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx mike

sounds good........ i think i can sacrifice the 20gb for the extra features and the fact that my p910 has just come back for the 3rd time in a year.... the charging fault... i think its time for a change to the 720!!!
kalvin928s4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx mike

sounds good........ i think i can sacrifice the 20gb for the extra features and the fact that my p910 has just come back for the 3rd time in a year.... the charging fault... i think its time for a change to the 720!!!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: going from tt910 to tt720 Reply with quote

kalvin928s4 wrote:
will my tomtom910 remote work with it??
910 remote is wireless, 720 is Bluetooth and the 910 one definitely does not work with 720 (I've tried it).

Don't throw your remote away - somebody will want it one day (might even be me next time somebody breaks my passenger window and steals mine again!) I'm keeping my GO710 and the remote.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 910 remote will work with the earlier range devices Go-500/ 700 so keep it in the car for some fun while stuck in traffic - they have quite a good range, at least three or four car lengths Laughing - Mike
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The 910 remote will work with the earlier range devices Go-500/ 700 so keep it in the car for some fun while stuck in traffic - they have quite a good range, at least three or four car lengths Laughing - Mike
Stop! Now that deserves a smack! Although I have to say I always found mine less than brilliant at any distance away - often had to point it fairly close and pretend to ZAP it. I couldn't make use of mine properly, because with GO700 and GO710 on the windscreen, they both reacted to it. Had to switch one off to do the other, not worth the hassle, but now I've "let the 700 go", I'll be happy with just one and eventually a remote for the 720. Can't wait.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: