Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Moving TT6 between devices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving TT6 between devices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thekirbyfake
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Moving TT6 between devices Reply with quote

We've just bought a copy of TT6 + BT to use with the HTC TyTn.

I want to trial it on my device for a couple of weeks before sending it to one of our sales guys for a month long trial on his.

I'm assuming the software gets registered to one device at a time? How easy is it to remove from one and then install on another device? Are there software/licence issues to cope with?

HTC TyTn; TT6 BT; 1Gb SanDisk MicroSD
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after the initial accivation you have one accivation after 7 days then a third once every 6 months

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
thekirbyfake
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's ideal.

Many thanks

HTC TyTn; TT6 BT; 1Gb SanDisk MicroSD
chipfork
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned I believe it is 3 activations; initial, another after 7 days and then the final after 6 months. However I believe you can contact TomTom should you change again and if you can provide them some proof they may be able to provide another activation. As I'm looking to upgrade for the 4th time to either the HTC P4550 or i-Mate 7150 then I'll be searching for that information too.

As a note I think you'll find problems with the HTC TyTn & TT6 unless you're running Windows Mobile 6. I certainly found that to be the case with the T-Mobile WM5 build and a friend had the same with the Orange WM5 standard build. The performance was poor (screen updates, etc) and I found it would consistently lock up. I changed to a custom WM6 Pro build which had been tuned for a smaller memory footprint and the change was dramatic. Now it doesn't ever lock up and the screen updates nearly as quick as the iPaq HX4700 that I used before. Wink
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest culprit for slowing down the screen refresh rate is having the POI files enabled so they show on the map, a better way is to just use the "Warn When Near POI" option leaving the POI's disabled, you still get the warnings and the POI show up when they should do, but it doesn't slow the device down - Mike
chipfork
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The biggest culprit for slowing down the screen refresh rate is having the POI files enabled so they show on the map, a better way is to just use the "Warn When Near POI" option leaving the POI's disabled, you still get the warnings and the POI show up when they should do, but it doesn't slow the device down - Mike

I've certainly found that to be the case which is why I only ever have the PocketGPS Speed cameras displayed.

However with the same TTNAV6 config on both WM5 and WM6 on the same hardware there is a significant difference in performance, especially with the menu response, screen refresh and stability of the application. I found on WM5 with all POI's disabled it was still poor.

If anyone needs anymore details on the WM6 build I've employed on the HTC TyTN / Hermes / Vario II then feel free to PM me. Wink
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chipfork wrote:
I've certainly found that to be the case which is why I only ever have the PocketGPS Speed cameras displayed.
Do you realise that you don't have to have the camera POIs displayed to get warnings?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
chipfork
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BGF wrote:
chipfork wrote:
Do you realise that you don't have to have the camera POIs displayed to get warnings?

I have them displayed so I can see them on the map, not just when they get within the warning range.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: