Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One (v4) clicking sounds..
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One (v4) clicking sounds..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LarsErik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tanda wrote:
Hi Lars, I can hear the click on your demo, but on my TomTom ONE, running a demo, there is deffinatly no click, there is a very, very, slight hummmmm, coming from the TomTom, but thats with my ear pressed up to it, but deffinatly no click on the directions, when it is running a demo.

Ok, good thing for you that your TTOne works fine. Smile

I went to a store today and checked out a TomTom One New edition in the store, clicked just like mine. (So now I've tried 4 different units..)

Tried out the 910 as well and there was no click when it played back samples or when the synthetic voice was used.

Sincerely
LarsErik
voice_of_reason
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've listened to your examples and I can certainly hear what you mean. I got my TomTom ONE New Edition a couple of weeks ago (it's a v4) and I can definitely say it doesn't click like that. Sound playback is absolutely fine.

Maybe it's a problem with the v2 units that has been corrected in the v4 units? It's seems more than a coincidence that you've tried four units that are all suffering from the same problem - unless they were all from the same shop, in which case it could be a bad batch, as someone has already mentioned.
LarsErik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voice_of_reason wrote:
I've listened to your examples and I can certainly hear what you mean. I got my TomTom ONE New Edition a couple of weeks ago (it's a v4) and I can definitely say it doesn't click like that. Sound playback is absolutely fine.

Maybe it's a problem with the v2 units that has been corrected in the v4 units? It's seems more than a coincidence that you've tried four units that are all suffering from the same problem - unless they were all from the same shop, in which case it could be a bad batch, as someone has already mentioned.

Ah.. i'm a bit confused here. At first I thought "New edition" and "v2" was the same. (Newbie mistake sorry..) My TomTom One "New Edition" is in fact a "ONEv4". (Thats what comes up in TomTom Home anyways..)

So the "new edition" is the slimmer look and the v1 to v4 is hardware revisions right?

The four units I've tried aren't all from the same store. The current unit I've got at home is the unit that TomTom Services sent me.

Perhaps the clicking sound is quite common among the ONEv4 units. But I guess not that many notice it. And among those who do hear it only a few are bothered.

Sincerely
LarsErik
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines the TomTom ONEv4, and sorry, no "CLICK".
LarsErik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found a nice and confusing little detail about my problem. After turning the ONEv4 the first time a sample gets played back there's no click.. 8O

(My wife says I'm being obsessive about this.. and I guess she's right..)

Sincerely
LarsErik
LarsErik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm trying to get hold of TomTom's second level support (if there's such a thing) or a technician. Have anyone ever managed to reach beyond first level support?

The regular service people at TomTom are quite nice and very helpfull but when it comes to problems like mine they can't seem to do much. I've tried to describe my question in detail on the tomtom service site and I've talked to quite a few of them on the phone, but it doesn't seem I'm getting any closer to a solution.

And by the way thanks to all of you who replyed and tried to help me on this. Really appreciate it. Now I know there's TomTom One New edtion v4 out there that doesn't click..

Sincerely
LarsErik
LarsErik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent the sound examples to TomTom a while back. They took quite a while to respond this time and now they want me to send my One to them again.

So I'm shipping it today, hopefully they take a closer look at this problem this time.

Sincerely
LarsErik
uptowndisco
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Pop Reply with quote

Hi LarsErik , using your silent voice for some peace and quiet :D , just the popping ruining the peace on the one v3 , let us know if the repair on tt cures this. Wink
LarsErik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my TomTom One back from TomTom Services and they replaced the internal speaker. However they obviously didn't care to check if doing so made the clicking sound dissapear.

With the new speaker my TomTom One clicks just like before.

This time around they requested me to send my SD card to them as well so I was quite hopefull they would really look into my problem.. But I guess I was wrong.

Sincerely
LarsErik
LarsErik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I complained to TomTom again and this time they told me to send everything (including the charger) to a specific person at TomTom Services.

This is the third time I've sent my One to TomTom Services. I'm hoping third time's the charm.

Sincerely
Lars-Erik
LarsErik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest update:

It's official now. The clicking crappy playback is not a production problem with the TomTom One (new edition), it's the way it should be.

TomTom Services has just finished with whatever they have been doing to my TT One for 4 weeks and are now sending it back to me.

I think it stinks that the sample playback is so poor on these units but at least I know now this isn't a fault.

Sincerely
LarsErik

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: