Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom GO 720's Start Shipping
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom GO 720's Start Shipping
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: TMC - Upgraded version avainable on 720T *according to t Reply with quote

beggarsdale wrote:
Hi...according to TomTom, RDS-TMC is the upgraded version as per their response to my question asking of the existing RDS-TMC receiver can be used with the TT720

"Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.
Yes you may, but you'd be better off buying the 720T which comes with a free and upgraded RDS-TMC receiver."
Confused Apologies for cross posting btw!

Just to be clear here, the T versions i.e those that come bundled with the FM TMC receiver will not be offered for sale in the UK nor will the FM TMC receiver be available as an accessory.

In the absence of an official statement from TomTom in respect of the whole RDS-TMC debacle here I think that speaks for itself, TMC via an FM receiver is no longer to be an option for the UK until the issue of reception difficulties is resolved.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan_Gleebitz wrote:
Will Poicapture Tripmaster and Menu builder work on the 520/720.

From v7 onwards TomTom have ceased support for their SDK (Software Development Kit) so plug-ins that were built on the back of this will no longer work.

Tripmaster is one of these, I'm not sure about Menu Builder, this should be OK. Our POI Capture app was reliant on the SDK but we're working on another solution that will allow continued use with v7.
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benjones wrote:
PCWB are expecting 88 units a week today Sad

I'm 30th in line (ordered on 12th July).

Does that mean it's not worth ordering now?
orainsear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: TMC - Upgraded version avainable on 720T *according to t Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

Just to be clear here, the T versions i.e those that come bundled with the FM TMC receiver will not be offered for sale in the UK nor will the FM TMC receiver be available as an accessory.

Hmmmm both Handtec and EasyDevices have the 720T available for pre-order. There's going to be one or two unhappy people if what you are saying is correct!
i235rider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: TMC - Upgraded version avainable on 720T *according to t Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
beggarsdale wrote:
Hi...according to TomTom, RDS-TMC is the upgraded version as per their response to my question asking of the existing RDS-TMC receiver can be used with the TT720

"Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.
Yes you may, but you'd be better off buying the 720T which comes with a free and upgraded RDS-TMC receiver."
Confused Apologies for cross posting btw!

In the absence of an official statement from TomTom in respect of the whole RDS-TMC debacle here I think that speaks for itself, TMC via an FM receiver is no longer to be an option for the UK until the issue of reception difficulties is resolved.

Hi Daren

I'm going to Holland in September, so what would happen if I buy a T version form there and use it it the UK?
Will it work at all or have hit and miss reception

Thanks
Phil
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: TMC - Upgraded version avainable on 720T *according to t Reply with quote

i235rider wrote:
I'm going to Holland in September, so what would happen if I buy a T version form there and use it it the UK?

Clearly it's not being offered here because reception is dire, it'll work i.e. you can connect the receiver and it'll try and tune in but experience has shown that it's more miss than hit, I wouldn't waste your money.

If Traffic is that important subscribe to the GPRS service.
i235rider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: TMC - Upgraded version avainable on 720T *according to t Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
i235rider wrote:

Clearly it's not being offered here because reception is dire, it'll work i.e. you can connect the receiver and it'll try and tune in but experience has shown that it's more miss than hit, I wouldn't waste your money.

If Traffic is that important subscribe to the GPRS service.

I have that now on my 700, But I do a fair bit of traveling in Holland, Germany and Belgium and the GPRS gets a bit expensive
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: TMC - Upgraded version avainable on 720T *according to t Reply with quote

i235rider wrote:
I have that now on my 700, But I do a fair bit of traveling in Holland, Germany and Belgium and the GPRS gets a bit expensive

Ah, that's slightly different although my experience n France last week wasn't encouraging, I ended up reverting to GPRS Sad
PaulBt
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tomtom site now shows the phone compatability list for the 720 it looks a bit limited at the moment I hope it is now completed yet as there are no SonyEricssons on it.

Cheers
Paul
lakofka
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulBt wrote:
The there are no SonyEricssons on it.

There's a mistake in the list. If you look at what TomToms are compatible with your phone, SE K800i in my case, you'll see that they are listed as compatible with everything except the Plus services. That in itself seems unlikely since it's only a bluetooth Internet connection after all.
Outlander
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed my phone the last time I changed my TT. I wont being doing that again anytime soon so if my SE dose not work with the 720 then I’ll be ringing Dixons to take me off the pre order list. Come on TOMTOM sort thing out. Or do they also have a stake in the mobile phone companies.
runarg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan_Gleebitz wrote:
Will Poicapture Tripmaster and Menu builder work on the 520/720..

Tripmaster will not work, but a modified version, TripLogger will work :D It has all the logging of Tripmaster, but no screen. It also displays the altitude at regular intervals just like Tripmaster!
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

runarg wrote:
Dan_Gleebitz wrote:
Will Poicapture Tripmaster and Menu builder work on the 520/720..

Tripmaster will not work, but a modified version, TripLogger will work :D It has all the logging of Tripmaster, but no screen. It also displays the altitude at regular intervals just like Tripmaster!
Do you have a link to any further information? I've searched on www.webazar.org & www.gpspassion.com and I've "Søk" ed on tomtom.nystul.no

On Lør 07 Jul 07 you said "Men nå er det bare snakk om få dager før den nye TripLogger lanseres." Any news?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Lost_in_France
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So TomTom say they the 720 units have started to be shipped at the end of July. As the manufacturing factory is in China and they usually ship by container across the waters, then it should take about 6 weeks to get to the UK providing the weather is OK (!!!).

This means that they aren't realistically going to arrive in the UK until about the end of August/beginning of September unless somebody is willing to pay the premium of air freight.

Perhaps this is why there is still no mention on the UK website of the 720 yet?
runarg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BGF wrote:
On Lør 07 Jul 07 you said "Men nå er det bare snakk om få dager før den nye TripLogger lanseres." Any news?

The developer is on vacation, but I'm sure that it will be released shortly after he is back.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 5 of 30

Jump to: