Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Creating idxurl files
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating idxurl files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEASTKILLER
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Creating idxurl files Reply with quote

Hi guys,
New to the site and forum. i need help with creating the idxurl files. I do enter the command right "c:\cygwin\bin\perl createidxurl.pl pocketgps_uk_sc.asc 9000" but since both of my pl and asc files are located in the Singlefile directory on desktop i enter "c:\cygwin\bin\perl Desktop\SingleFile createidxurl.pl pocketgps_uk_sc.asc 9000" but when i hit enter ...nothing happens. I dont get any error message or nothing but it just take me back to prompt again. Can someone please tell me more precisely as to where i should and in which folder i should keep the which files in.
BEASTKILLER
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH! i figured out where i was going wrong myself Embarassed . I wasnt changing the prompt to the directory in which the pl and asc file were residing in Embarassed .
BEASTKILLER
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH! now i have another problem Laughing The steps on http://www.bmwnavaddpoi.co.uk/neroway.htm page doesnt tell you how to install the full speed zone POI file. I believe there are 13+ files in the full zone database and in the steps explained on the page above it only tells you what name to give and what to change just for that single file id and url file but i guess since the full zone has 13+ files in it, it would create 20+ id and url files...what should i name them all as ?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to break in on your "one man topic" Laughing

First of all, welcome to the forums... Welcome

Next, can I just say that your questions leap into the deep end! I spend quite a lot of time here, and not only do I not understand a word of it (not difficult), but also I don't recognise having seen anything similar.

From your link, I realise its a BMW sat-nav and I assume you're trying to get the speed cam database onto it, but no-one will know that unless you shout it louder next time, as this will go over the heads of a lot of people, and the people who CAN help, might miss your posts unless you make the title a bit more obvious and give some more basic info first.

Hope you get some useful help anyway.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best bet is to hope BMW330 spots this thread and adds some extra coments, IIRC he added speed camera POI files to a nav disk in a BMW late last year, living over if Oz now there might be a slight time delay though before he spots this - Mike
BMW330
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEASTKILLER wrote:
AH! now i have another problem Laughing The steps on http://www.bmwnavaddpoi.co.uk/neroway.htm page doesnt tell you how to install the full speed zone POI file. I believe there are 13+ files in the full zone database and in the steps explained on the page above it only tells you what name to give and what to change just for that single file id and url file but i guess since the full zone has 13+ files in it, it would create 20+ id and url files...what should i name them all as ?

Welcome

There'll be a new tool soon to make this process much easier. However in the meantime, you'll have to persevere with the method you're using. Your vehicle can only display one category of POI at a time (one type of icon), so the speed zoned file will be of less use to you than you think. So my suggestion is to install only the single consolidated file from PGPSW with all cameras.

PS: For anyone reading this thread that's completely lost, he's adding speed camera POI to the Navteq/TeleAtlas navigation CD in BMW, Mini, Rolls Royce and some other vehicles.
BEASTKILLER
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou Very much for the information 330. Just one more thing i have been searching around and asking people like crazy is that i know theres a way which lets you modify your BMW E60 navigation to accept 7 digit postcode entry. Are you by any chance aware of how to enhance your software to accept 7 digit postcode entry ?.
BMW330
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEASTKILLER wrote:
Thankyou Very much for the information 330. Just one more thing i have been searching around and asking people like crazy is that i know theres a way which lets you modify your BMW E60 navigation to accept 7 digit postcode entry. Are you by any chance aware of how to enhance your software to accept 7 digit postcode entry ?.

Suggest you ask this question on the navigation forum at www.x5world.com

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: