Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
syhc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ash,

Another newbie here ... and thanks for your detailed explanation above.

One point to clarify regarding the warning time vs the native Garmin warning distance. Does CameraManager deal with the time dynamically such that you still get the same warning time regardless of your actual travelling speed, or does it convert the time parameter into distance assuming that you are travelling at the posted speed?

Also, as you said, CameraManager has been designed to work with the PGPSW database. But someone in the malsingmaps.com forum suggested that it might also work with a generic .csv or .gpx source file. Could you please confirm if that is in fact the case? If so, will it also work with metric posted speed in kph?

Many thanks.
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

syhc wrote:
One point to clarify regarding the warning time vs the native Garmin warning distance. Does CameraManager deal with the time dynamically such that you still get the same warning time regardless of your actual travelling speed, or does it convert the time parameter into distance assuming that you are travelling at the posted speed?

The warning time/distance is calculated on the assumption that you're travelling at (or at least near Smile ) the posted speed limit.

Quote:
Also, as you said, CameraManager has been designed to work with the PGPSW database. But someone in the malsingmaps.com forum suggested that it might also work with a generic .csv or .gpx source file. Could you please confirm if that is in fact the case? If so, will it also work with metric posted speed in kph?

Technically yes, but practically no. As things stand, you'd need to take your CSV and make it look like the PGPSW database - if you were to do all that, then you might as well just process your CSV directly!
AndyCapon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ash,

How do I go about getting a release version of the software, I have donated some money via paypal.

Cheers

Andy
tkerby
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way to get this to connect using an authenticated proxy? I generally update my gps at work so that would be extremely useful
tonymarsden
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Thanks ASH,
Really appreciate you taking time out to help me.

Cheers mate.

Tony
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 2.0.0.6 is now available 8)

What's new:

- now compatible with the new PGPSW download procedure
- supported added for new RedSpeed camera category (treated like a Gatso)
- a couple of minor bug fixes

It is recommended that you delete "PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database.zip" from your POI directory, before downloading and running the latest version - this will cause Camera Manager to immediately download the latest version of the camera database.

Enjoy! ;)

Last edited by Ash10 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash

Can I check whether Camera Manager loads the Pmobile files please.

It look like the pmobile and mobile.csv files are merged to create a single mobile.gpx file. However this means that the pmobile cameras display with the standard mobile bitmap rather than the black on white version supplied in the zip file (the word pmobile does display in the red text box at the top of the screen). Am I running your program correctly or is there something which I need to do to display the two mobile file types separately.

Thanks
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAVC10 wrote:
However this means that the pmobile cameras display with the standard mobile bitmap rather than the black on white version supplied in the zip file (the word pmobile does display in the red text box at the top of the screen).

That's correct - Mobile and pMobile sites will have the same icon (either the blue-bordered camera sign, or a speed limit icon - depending on your settings), but the red banner text will display Mobile or pMobile accordingly (together with that camera's reference number).
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash

Thanks for the reply - as a possible enhancement, would it be possible to convert the "pmobile" in the red text box to read "unconfirmed mobile" or "pending mobile" does to make it more distinct and easier to see at a glance?
bryanuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Logged in but no update Reply with quote

Ash,

I have just downloaded and run your latest camera application and I am logged in to pocketgpsworld, but the app is just sitting in the tray saying 'not logged in cannot check for updates' and all the buttons on the status page are greyed out.

Am I being impatient and the app will bust into life soon or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks in advance....

Bryanuk
bryanuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: CM not connecting Reply with quote

Further to my last post above regarding the problem with CM not connecting because it thinks I am not logged in to PGPSW, I read back in this forum and noticed that quite a few people had this problem, but no real answer was ever posted. Did the problem get solved, if so how?

I have turned of my hub firewall, set CM to have access through zone alarm, allowed coockies in IE7 and still it refuses to connect. I don't understand the connection between CM/IE/PGPSW log in, could someone explian so that it might give me a clue to where the problem lies?

Has anyone had a sucessful connection using XP SP2/IE7?

Any help would be much appreciated as this looks to be a fantastic bit of software and I can't wait to try it on my new 360T !!

Living in hope.......

Bryan
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Has anyone had a sucessful connection using XP SP2/IE7?

Yes.

Quote:
I don't understand the connection between CM/IE/PGPSW log in

CM needs to look at or use IE to see if you are logged in.

Quick question. You have paid for the database and are a Member and not just logged into the forums?
bryanuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,
Thanks for the reply.

I have not paid for anything, I just signed up to the forums and logged in. Do I need to subscribe if so where?

I have just installed CM on my work lapton using XP SP2 and IE6 and it seems to have got further. It is currently saying 'updates are ready for installing' but as yet nothing has come over, but it has definately got further.

Any more info greatly appreciated...

Bryan
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have not paid for anything

That's why you can't get the database.

Quote:
Do I need to subscribe if so where?

Yes. Big yellow camera logo (edited: button colour is now blue) at the top of each page.

Quote:
It is currently saying 'updates are ready for installing' but as yet nothing has come over,

Because you haven't paid.

Last edited by PaulB2005 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAVC10

Quote:
Thanks for the reply - as a possible enhancement, would it be possible to convert the "pmobile" in the red text box to read "unconfirmed mobile" or "pending mobile" does to make it more distinct and easier to see at a glance?

I guess you'd have to open the pMobile file and do a find and replace to change all instances of "pMobile" to whatever you want.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 23 of 77

Jump to: