Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
syhc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ash,

Great program from what I see here. I've been referred to your CameraManager tool by the folks at malsingmaps.com. One question: does your tool work with kph limits too (while converting the seconds to metres)?

Thanks.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone have any comments on functionality with the new .zip filename?

MaFt
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
anyone have any comments on functionality with the new .zip filename?

MaFt

Yes - I think it's working OK - but it is a little confusing Confused

It said there was a new download. I ran CM and it said the POIs were ready for downloading with POILoader - which seemd to work OK. But....

The .zip file CM downloaded was in the original file name format and was a consolidated database even though I request a speed zoned file. It produces a speed zoned set of information however! I thought that I had misunderstood how CM operates. I deleted the .ZIP file and aasked it to check again. The old file name consolidated .zip file re-appeared but it regenerated a new set of speed zoned files.

Opening the .ZIP file the release.txt said V5.055 May 30th - so I though is was just getting hold of an old version for some reason. However I downloaded the speed zoned .zip by hand and the release.txt in that also says 5.055 May 30th Exclamation

So I don't know quite what is going on. As I say - it appears to work OK
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also - it doesn't appear to be generating the pMobile files - even though the box is selected.

Is there any way of checking that it is getting the correct version?

If you could let me know of an addition to the database (new camera to this release) I could look at the .gpx file that was produced and check if it is there
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also - it doesn't appear to be generating the pMobile files - even though the box is selected.

pMobile data is appended to the Mobile file. Open it in Excel and you'll see.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah.. you are right. I had to check the .GPX file as CM removes the .csv after processing

I would still like to check that it is downloading the correct version of the database though.
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you've probably already noticed, PGPSW have changed the download procedure for their camera database.

Not surprisingly, this has necessitated an immediate update to Camera Manager - accordingly, v2.0.0.3 is currently available to contributors for release testing.

Earlier versions of Camera Manager have been disabled because they will generate corrupt GPX files when used with the new PGPSW download system.

A general release of the new version will be made just as soon as I'm happy with it... Smile
Steve148
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:
As you've probably already noticed, PGPSW have changed the download procedure for their camera database.

Not surprisingly, this has necessitated an immediate update to Camera Manager - accordingly, v2.0.0.3 is currently available to contributors for release testing.

Ash, thanks very much for your continued work on this project. Until I read the last few pages I didn't realise how much time it must be taking, and I'm embarassed to have been freeloading. I have put that right now.

Thanks again -
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash,

2.0.0.3 seems to be working well - keep up the good work Clap
shanedunn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep getting the message the beta version has expired please download the full version. Where from?
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick update, folks...

Camera Manager v2.0.0.4 is currently undergoing testing - the new download system seems to be working pretty well, and there's now support for the new REDSPEED camera category 8)

As before, a general release will follow, just as soon as I'm happy with it ;)
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shanedunn wrote:
I keep getting the message the beta version has expired please download the full version. Where from?

Ash will e-mail you the link as long as you are on his list of sponsors.
AndyCapon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I am interested in this and have downloaded it.

In the status tab I get no option to check or view files, The POI directory seems to be set correctly but nothing happens.

I have beta v2.0.0.1, how do I go about getting the correct version?

Cheers

Andy
tonymarsden
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: [b]Expert camera help please Ash.[/b] Reply with quote

Hi Ash,
Having read through lots of articles on pocket GPS you are clearly the expert and most knowledgable on cameras.Really hope you can help me..I have bought the Nuvi 360 and find it quite good on cameras picking up static and mobile. I do find the alert bongs quite irritating though,especially for mobile ones as there is a high chance there will not be a camera there. I have tried adjusting the alert but cant seem to make any difference..I thought about loading the pocket world database, but have held off as I do not want it bonging every minute telling me about cameras on the other side of the road.
Will your camera software help with the irritating bongs...Also do you agree that the gps database could be annoying bonging for non directional cameras and going gatso 30 all the time.

Appreciate advice on how to adjust this using your software.Will it work on the garmin cyclops camera system?

Really would apprecaite your help..Also does your voice uitilty software help with the voices.I find the voice on the nuvi a bit quiet and could do with downloading a louder clearer voice but dont know how to.

Also the nuvi sometimes gives directional speech at the last minute..Can this be adjusted to give more warning.I am non technical so would appreciate as basic response as poss.

Thanks Ash.

Tony Embarassed
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonymarsden wrote:
Having read through lots of articles on pocket GPS you are clearly the expert and most knowledgable on cameras.Really hope you can help me.

Flattery will get you everywhere! :D

Quote:
I have bought the Nuvi 360 and find it quite good on cameras picking up static and mobile. I do find the alert bongs quite irritating though,especially for mobile ones as there is a high chance there will not be a camera there. I have tried adjusting the alert but cant seem to make any difference.

I thought about loading the pocket world database, but have held off as I do not want it bonging every minute telling me about cameras on the other side of the road. Will your camera software help with the irritating bongs...Also do you agree that the gps database could be annoying bonging for non directional cameras and going gatso 30 all the time.

Appreciate advice on how to adjust this using your software.Will it work on the garmin cyclops camera system?

The main fuction of Camera Manager (aside from the automatic checking for and downlading of camera database updates) is to modify the way in which speed camera warings are given.

The standard Garmin behaviour when approaching a speed camera is for a single warning, which repeats if you are exceeding the posted speed limit. The warning is triggered when you are a set distance away from the camera, and no warning will be given if you are travelling well under the posted speed limit (which gives the alarming impression that the database is "missing" many of the speed cameras you'll come across).

Camera Manager expands upon this functionality, and splits the camera warning into two separate components - Approach warning, and Overspeed warning.

The Approach warning is given as you approach a speed camera, regardless of your speed (so there's no worrying about those "missed" cameras). The trigger is specified by time rather than distance, so that you can specify (say) 15 seconds warning of all fixed cameras, regardless of speed.

The Overspeed warning is given as a reminder as you close-in on a speed camera, which repeats if you are exceeding the posted speed limit. Again, the trigger is specified by time rather than distance, and there is an option to add the ACPO's margin-of-error so that warnings are not given if you are travelling at, or slightly above the posted speed limit.

Approach and Overspeed warnings can be specified individually, and for each of the different speed camera types. Addtionally, you can disable the Approach and/or Overspeed warning for each camera type - some people choose to disable the Overspeed warning for Redlight cameras, for example.

I'm afraid that Camera Manager will only work with the PGPSW camera database - I haven't had any direct experience of the Garmin/Cyclops database, but the general concensus seems to be that it is not as comprehensive as the PGPSW one.

However, the PGPSW camera database doesn't support direction (yet) - but having said that, remember that speed cameras are often installed around a specific hazard - just because the camera is pointing the other way, that hazard will still exist...

Quote:
Really would apprecaite your help..Also does your voice uitilty software help with the voices.I find the voice on the nuvi a bit quiet and could do with downloading a louder clearer voice but dont know how to.

With Voice Utility it's possible to disect a Garmin voice file, and subsequently modify each individual sound sample. It would certainly be possible to modify each sample in a sound editor to make it louder, although it would be a rather laborious task.

Quote:
Also the nuvi sometimes gives directional speech at the last minute..Can this be adjusted to give more warning.I am non technical so would appreciate as basic response as poss.

The timing of turn instructions is something that Garmin have experimented with (certainly with the i3, so probably the Nuvi too) - have a search for message threads discussing different firmware revisions for the Nuvi.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 22 of 77

Jump to: