Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Streetpilot i3 - Software Enhancement Requests
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Streetpilot i3 - Software Enhancement Requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, Rob. It's easy to forget these things, even if you have read the manual!

In case anyone doesn't know, the full manual for the i3 (as opposed to the brief instructions that come with the unit) can be downloaded from HERE
Samsung Galaxy S21
Gelly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Enhancements Reply with quote

Hi folks. Dont know about you but i'd like the unit to recognise where i am when i want to input an address. The latest upgrade now selects the country automatically and if choosing a custom point, say train stations, puts them in nearest to you order, but its still a pain to have type in your town when doing an address search. Seems daft this didnt come in the update!
misterzed
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd quite like the temperature to be listed alongside the speed or the top bar even..
(i know they read the tempreture, the older ones had a diagnosis mode, think its to do with the electronics operating slightly differently at different tempretures)

also being able to enter latitude and longitude would be handy sometimes
hammy25
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i turn on my i3 it gos straight to scotland i would like to see it go straight to my home town as well as i use my home town alot
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Enhancements Reply with quote

Gelly wrote:
Hi folks. Dont know about you but i'd like the unit to recognise where i am when i want to input an address. The latest upgrade now selects the country automatically and if choosing a custom point, say train stations, puts them in nearest to you order, but its still a pain to have type in your town when doing an address search. Seems daft this didnt come in the update!

that's fine if you never leave your home town, but what about the thousands of users who bought a sat-nav to get directions in a place they didn't know?

MaFt
tonyb007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: i3 hangs when calculating Reply with quote

I'm running with V3.40...only in the last few months i've noticed that when calculating a route it sometimes gets stuck with the calculating overlay at 0%.

The only way to get rid of it is to do a reset and wipe the POIs I have.

Anyone else finding this?
SRMoll
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, having the same thing. I haven't need to remove POIs though. I just turn off and back on. When it powers up it resumes the calculation and starts navigating.
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: i3 hangs when calculating Reply with quote

tonyb007 wrote:
I'm running with V3.40...only in the last few months i've noticed that when calculating a route it sometimes gets stuck with the calculating overlay at 0%.

The only way to get rid of it is to do a reset and wipe the POIs I have.

Anyone else finding this?

Are you / your car moving when this happens?

If so, try waiting for it to acquire and calculate before moving off. If not, revert to v2.70 of firmware (and if your favourites are important, back them up with easygps first).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: