Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sure is Quiet Out There!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sure is Quiet Out There!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rubberman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Sure is Quiet Out There! Reply with quote

Either everyone is very happy with Co-Pilot or they have finally given up. What do you think?

Regards,

Rubberman
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still using mine to get from A to B.
laurie53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you hadn't said that!

Mine has become very unstable and I've had to reinstall twice in three days

Laurie
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given up on CoPilot. I'm not giving those guys any more of my money for their faulty software.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it works ok for me

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
I've given up on CoPilot. I'm not giving those guys any more of my money for their faulty software.

Perhaps it's all those wheelies, and going round corners almost horizontally you keep doing - confusing the altitude!

But joking aside, I do have some sympathy with your comments, CoPilot 6 does seem (in my opinion at least) to have rather more problems than it should have at this stage in its lifeycle (ie about to be replaced). While in many ways I still think it is an improvement over v5, I was able to deal with the problems with v5 far more successfully than I have been able to with v6, and to be honest, am still having serious issues with the current UK patch.

Although I am not quite at your level of dissatifaction, I wouldn't dismiss your conclusions. Hopefully (for those of us still prepared to continue with CoPilot - at least for the moment) ALK will take more care to ensure that future releases work as specified, and where they do not, patches are produced quickly - rather than the long wait for a 'super patch' which has so often introduced significant problems itself.

I find it so frustrating, that CoPilot would (again in my opinion) knock spots of the competion if it only worked as it is specified to, seems to be continually let down by problems which should never have got so far as a public release. Another thing which infuriates me is that I have not been able to find out whet the last patch was supposed to fix (I did request the information, but apparrently, it is not information they are prepared to release)
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is usually a list of fixes on the download page i havent looked for a long time though

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
ahenry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil01 wrote:

I have been able to with v6, and to be honest, am still having serious issues with the current UK patch.

I've spent 8-10 hours in the last couple of weeks installing CoPilot. A memory card got corrupted. Going through the ridiculous process of installing the original program, uninstalling it, twice, installing the first patch, uninstalling it, twice, and then installing the latest version takes forever, and is distinctly unreliable for me.

Why they can't just distribute a patch that works straight off files from the desktop program is beyond me.

I had it working once and then forgot about quitting before suspending the power, which left the installation corrupted. I tried just reinstalling from there, but it didn't work.
Bohica
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This normally happens when there's a new release in the offing.......

CP5/6 users are wondering if CP7 will be the holy grail of navigation systems or yet another poison chalice.......

Only ALK know,and they aren't saying anything at the moment appart from quietly stating that the release will be delayed........

It's really make or break time for CP,as there's more competors out there than you can shake a stick at,most with apps that work correctly.........

Perhaps ALK would be good enough to come onto this forum and give us a pre-release explanation of what's on offer,at least that way we can either stick with them,or wave them goodbye before parting with more cash......
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohica wrote:
Perhaps ALK would be good enough to come onto this forum and give us a pre-release explanation of what's on offer,at least that way we can either stick with them,or wave them goodbye before parting with more cash......

I whole-heartedly agree. I'm sure that ALK do visit this forum and should give us an update.

The longer that CP7 is delayed, the more people are going to upgrade their devices and use different apps.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Blogs&op=showBlog&idBlog=18

Quote:
ALK Announce CoPilot Live 7

ALK were showing an early version of their new navigation software, CoPilot Live 7. The main changes are a complete overhaul of the menu system making it a lot simpler to carry out the basics, but still having the ability to finely customise the software by putting the more complex settings and configurations deeper in the menu system.

Other interface improvements include a single button press to change views while navigating (rather than having to enter a menu) as well as an improved 3D view. CoPilot Live 7 uses its own graphics engine making it more versatile with regards to versions for different platforms. It also means users can create their own colour schemes and skins. These can then be shared through an online community via ‘CoPilot Central’. CoPilot Central is a desktop application designed for trip planning, skin customisation, diagnostics and POI handling.

There are no specific dates for release but we have been told that there will be a ‘field beta’ out soon giving the impression that it is near completion.

Blogged by MaFt on Monday, March 19 @ 09:54:38 GMT
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
There are no specific dates for release but we have been told that there will be a ‘field beta’ out soon giving the impression that it is near completion.

Ahh, but will anyone be brave enough to do a review of it when it comes out? Wink
TrevorFowler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already jumped ship and have recently bought a Nuvi 660FM.

I found CP6 OK, and when I first got it was impressed with the Text to Speech. However, the one on the Nuvi is out of this world. The voice does not sound electronic at all. The British English male voice sounds like Jon Briggs, who is the voice-over on The Weakest Link. The female voice sounds like Judith Chalmers!

There is no "Driver Safety mode" preoccupation and the quality of the maps (also from Navteq) is also heaps better (includes rivers, lakes, railway lines and parks). Loading external POI files is much less of a malarchy and TMC Traffic alerts are available NOW!

The only downside is that the text imput screen is via an ABC keyboard (as opposed to QWERTY).

My trusty Compaq H3970 with CP6 and GPS sleeve will be going on eBay at some point. I wasn't unhappy with CP6, but I felt it was time to move on and as Alk were concerned; their time has passed.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
MaFt wrote:

Ahh, but will anyone be brave enough to do a review of it when it comes out? Wink

Well volunteered Skippy - I am sure that your (horizontal or aerial?) veiwpoint will make good reading!

Certainly, if YOU turned around and said that CP7 was good, I really would consider that praise indeed.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the little play i had at cebit seemed quite good. from memory they have improved the ease of loading pois etc.

i'd be happy to review it once it's out and once i get a pda... ;)

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: