Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Liz Whittakers voice on a Tomtom nav 6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Liz Whittakers voice on a Tomtom nav 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark1958
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Liz Whittakers voice on a Tomtom nav 6 Reply with quote

Hello
Can anybody help me to get Liz Whittakers speed camera voice files to work on a Nokia N73 please using Tomtom Nav 6 version 6.010. I have the files taken from my Nokia 6680 which ran a tomtom nav 5.

Thanks
Mark
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, Have a look at the ogg file method, there are instructions detailing this on This Page, including links to the PocketGPSWorld ogg file download page. If you check This post you will see that the ogg files do work on the N73 - Mike
mark1958
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Liz Whitakers voice on Nokia N73 Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Mike.
I have followed the instructions that i have read but still no voice from Liz. The data chk file i am using is the 7640 version for the 6.010 version of Tomtom that i am running this is placed in the Tomtom folder on my memory card and the ogg files are in the GB plus major roads of western europe map folder. When i go to alter the speed camera distances there is no voice to choose from.

HELP
Mark
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, when using the ogg file method it is best to put the original data.chk file back in place.

When configuring the Warn When Near POI option does the device ask you to select an audio alert, "Bell 1" for example, if it is asking for this then something is not right, if it simply asks for a warning distance and warn only if POI on route check box then it has picked up the ogg files and will use them by default.

It does not ask you to select the Liz voice for warnings.

If you have configured all the POI warnings SINCE INSTALLING THE OGG FILES try the following:
Advanced Planning (AtoB) set a departure point of FY43NN house number 95, set a destination point of PR41AX house number 33, next go to View Route/ Show Route Demo, set the replay speed to 100% (ish) and sit back watch/ listen, you should get a Gatso 30 followed closely by a Mobile 30 alert, does this work? - Mike
mark1958
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Liz voices Reply with quote

Hi Mike
Sorry for the delay in responding I had unexpected work commitments. I have tried using the original data chk file and have placed the route in that you have suggested and all i get are the original Bells etc. I have named the files the same as the downloaded camera files etc and have tried the voice files in the map folder and the voices folder but still no luck in getting them to work. Any more suggestions are welcome.

Cheers
Mark
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, which version of the database are you using? - then I will e-mail you a set of voice files that I know work, it might be a quicker way to get this sorted out Wink - Mike
mark1958
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Liz Voices Reply with quote

Tomtom on a Nokia N73 version 6.010 (7640) using GB plus major rds of western europe
mark1958
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Liz voices Reply with quote

Thanks Mike
Recieved the voices today installed them as per your instructions and they work, so god knows what I installed. Thanks again

Mark
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that, I have added the following for the benefit of any others searching for similar information.:

Not too sure what you had done, the most often mistake is when re-naming the files they can end up with a double file extension so

pocketgps_uk_gatso_30.ogg
ends up like
pocketgps_uk_gatso_30.ogg.ogg (which won't work)

There is a voice files download page to avoid having to re-name the files yourself which can be found Here - Mike
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While not suggesting that it was the reason for the problem, there is another situation where you will still get 'bells whistles etc'.

This is where the warnings have been selected BEFORE the ogg files were loaded. Where this is the case, the 'warnings' must be de-selected, then re-selected. One thing which helps you know if the ogg files are all present and correct is that when you select warning for a specific a POI, if there is a suitable ogg file available, you are not given the option to select a specific sound - the correct ogg file is selected automatically (and to my knowledge can't be overridden)

PS The above is based on observations on a PPC running Windows Mobile 2003SE, no doubt other forum members will post details of any differences between Operating Systems, and platforms.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: