Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BLUETOOTH BOTHER (nuvi310 v K800i)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BLUETOOTH BOTHER (nuvi310 v K800i)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabtt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: BLUETOOTH BOTHER (nuvi310 v K800i) Reply with quote

Hi All
Well, I don't know what I'm doing wrong! Evil or Very Mad I've paired my nuvi310d and SE K800i both ways - thru the phone and thru the 310 and all seems well .. until that is, I want to make a call.

When dialling via the nuvi I get as far as 'DIAL' and once pressed I hear it dialling then nothing!! Confused My phone also shows no sign of me making a call, neither can I receive one via the nuvi. If call myself (I mean my mobile Embarassed ), the mobile will ring but not thru the nuvi.

Not sure if this is a K800i or 310 issue .. Sad
timetops
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

I'm experiencing the exact same problem. The phone shows it's connected (headset icon) and the phone book has been downloaded into the nuvi but I get no sound through the nuvi. It actually dials the number: I called someone yesterday but they could hear nothing until I transferred the sound from 'headset' back to phone. Although when I dialled my home phone yesterday the call did not appear to go through Confused

I'm connected to the Optus Australian network and firmware update search tells me I have the latest firmware installed on my phone. Can anyone help with this?

I have a K800i and a nuvi 310.

Thanks, Tim
rabtt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi timetops, exactly as you put it. I'm on the O2 UK network - I called them yesterday and the guy couldn't help and lent towards suspecting the nuvi. To add to this, last night I tried pairing/calling/receiving with my old W800i and it worked a treat. So from this one would suspect the K800i but it's listed as being compatible on the Garmin website Confused I'm also running the latest K800i firmware!!
wackojackouk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rabtt

Is there anyway of selecting a different profile for the phone on the Nuvi?

I'm sure I read somewhere about using the k750i profile - if this is possible.

or check this thread - sounds like it could be the old firmware on the k800i

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=283879&highlight=#283879

To check ure firmware (if u dont know) do the following (JL = joystick left JR = joystick right) and let me know ure firmware # (mine is R1JG001)

JR * JL JL * JL *

HTH

WJUK
timetops
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks rabtt and wakojack,

I checked my firmware and I think it's R1CF001. (At least this is what appears at the top of the Software info window. At the bottom of the window it says "Update service SW UA version: CRH1069179 R3B015")

Sounds pretty ancient to me, but I'm hamstrung by the fact that I'm Mac-based and SEUS doesn't provide a Mac-compatible firmware upgrade service. I tried Wotan before and don't recall whether they provide a Mac compatible download either but will try again today.

I've told my 310 that the phone is a K750i also.

Regards, Tim
ninja_geezer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i had the same problem with my nuvi 360T and my K800i all i did was update the phone software online and it was fine.
hope this helps
paul. :D
wackojackouk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul

Wot firmware was you running and wot version did you update it too?

WJUK

// Timetops

Can you update to the same firmware version as me firt and let me know if it works ok

WJUK
timetops
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackojackouk wrote:
// Timetops

Can you update to the same firmware version as me firt and let me know if it works ok

WJUK

I'm dropping it into the phone shop tomorrow and will drop you a line as soon as it's updated.

Tim
rabtt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi WJUK

Thanks for the link a few posts back . . VERY interesting! 8) I'm having intermittent luck with an old W800i that I'm using at the mo but will try a firmware upgrade on my K800i when I get home. It sounds like it's going to sort the problem :D

CPW were just on the phone offering me an upgrade to a W880i or K810i, so I may have this problem all over again .. better bl**dy not!! :D :D

Rab
timetops
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well folks, I updated my firmware to R1KG001 and it all works now!

Very happy about that. Thanks for the advice WJUK and I hope you have the same experience rabtt...

Regards, Tim
rabtt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, timetops - pleased for you 8)

I'm away on a course at the mo and can't get home to try Crying or Very sad but will keep you posted .. all sounds very promising though! Jumping With Joy
wackojackouk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabtt wrote:
Congrats, timetops - pleased for you 8)

I'm away on a course at the mo and can't get home to try Crying or Very sad but will keep you posted .. all sounds very promising though! Jumping With Joy

Nice one

Hey Rab - can you see if u can upgrade to the same firmware I have and see if it works - R1JG001 and let me know

Cheers

WJUK
rabtt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Well, I did the update on my K800i and it gave me no choice but to accept the latest software (R1KG001), which HAS fixed the problem with making/receiving calls thru the 310D Jumping With Joy Jumping With Joy Jumping With Joy

WJUK - good'n'bad for you .. you now know that there's not a problem with your nuvi and that it purely lies with your K800i - downside is that you're going to have to use the SEUS via the SE website. It's kinda convoluted in that, if using it for the first time, you'll have to download the Update Service software first, reboot your PC, double-click the icon on your desktop and follow the instructions to update. Takes about 10 and 15 mins respectively.

Hope this helps ..
Rab

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: