Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion Crashes (Twice)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion Crashes (Twice)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Medion Crashes (Twice) Reply with quote

My Medion PPC has crashed twice when it has been in the cradle and I have re-inserted the pen. I don't beleive doing this is "against the rules".

The first time the screen just faded out and would not come back without a HARD reset.

The second time (today) I inserted the pen, the screen faded and the message "IMAGE CHECKSUM ERROR PLEASE RESET AGAIN" was displayed. SOFT reset wouldn't work. I subsequently performed a HARD reset and all is ok. I suspect a faulty connection on the memory. Has anyone else experienced this ? The machine was only purchased from Aldi OCT/NOV.

Tim.
TJM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: A Theory Reply with quote

I may have found out why my MEDION PPC crashes when the pen is inserted and I wanted to share it with everyone.

In our office we have carpets that seem to generate quite a bit of static electricity. If I walk to the kitchen area and turn on the tap I frequently get a shock as I am earthed.

Now the pen on the PPC is plastic so I assume when I place it in the PPC when it is in the cradle I get earthed through the cradle / laptop connection and this affects the memory on the PPC. After all - a HARD reset always works. The PPC also works fine in the cradle if I use it with the pen (so it can't be a loose connection between cradle and PPC).

How's that for a theory ? I'll not insert the pen whilst in the cradle and see if the problem goes away.
TJM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Medion Susceptible To Static Reply with quote

Well after a good few days of operation it seems I am correct - static electricity has been teh problem.

The MEDION PPC now works fine. I take the PPC off the cradle before inserting the pen in its slot whilst at work.

Regards,

Tim.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: