Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Go x10 mount trade in program. How to get a new mount free.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Go x10 mount trade in program. How to get a new mount free.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, I saw some pictures somewhere of the "old" one and the "new" one and thought my week old 910 had the old mount. TomTom sent me a new one which I got yesterday and it's exactly the same as I one I got in the box! So now I have a spare, hopefully the one without the problems.
On the same sort of subject, someone mentioned on here about problems with the desktop fitting and the connector not working properly. Mine has real trouble in getting to connect so I went to the TT website and sent a message about it. 20 minutes later, had a series of emails telling me that a new desktop mount will be on its way to me shortly. Has anyone else had problems with this piece of kit?
Doug
friar-tuck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I do, I find the power in cable on the desk top unit is very loose and keeps coming out, will try the TT web site see if I can get it replaced, it is a real pain my 510 is only 2 weeks old.
Rolling Eyes
marcustandy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had comms from TT. They say "It sounds as if the connectors on the underside of the unit itself may well be out of alignment preventing a positive docking."

I have to send it to them for a 'repair'. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

They still didn't mention anything about a replacement windscreen mount, even though I have the old one. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Actually, i'm feeling a bit of a because I was all happy and impressed when I first got it and I persuaded a couple of mates to get a 910. They're also having problems and so of course, I get the blame!! Embarassed Embarassed

tomtom GO 910 owner.
carriejames
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I am new to this forum and finding it very interesting. I have just applied for my free mount - very nice, thanks very much for the posting about this.

I didn't have any trouble in completing the serial number they ask for - make sure you have caps lock on? and not mistaking 0's for o's!!

PS I bought mine from Halfords and they seemed very helpful - infact we actually took our mounting back to them a couple of weeks ago as it had fallen apart - definately one of the faulty ones! and they changed it without question! but always nice to have a spare from TOM TOM

thanks again for the info

Carrie
carriejames
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and I have just had confirmation from Tom Tom that they are sending me anew one!
ta
Carrie
RQ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offer has now EXPIRED.

Regards

TT1v3 6.560 1713 UK&NI 660.1199
TTG700 6.520 1387 MoWE 660.1219
carriejames
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a shame, I received my new mount last week, so I got in just in time.

Carrie
DougWeller
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RQ wrote:

Regards

I didn't know it had been made, I gave up trying to use the mount some time ago. I feel cheated though, why have they withdrawn it I wonder?
T
vroomfondel
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougWeller wrote:
RQ wrote:

Regards

I didn't know it had been made, I gave up trying to use the mount some time ago. I feel cheated though, why have they withdrawn it I wonder?
T

There is no evidence on the TT website that it has been withdrawn.
They still detail the problem and its obvious they take it seriously as a H&S issue and it sends you to the link. Anyway, if you've got an affected mount, as I have, they should change it.
BrightonJohn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: But is it the mount? Reply with quote

I had this very problem with my 510 bought from Halfords last November. I suspected the mount and decided that it was worth having a second one anyway so bought one from Maplins. This did not cure the problem.

So I took the whole lot back to Halfords who checked the 510 on their in-store mount and said that it was the 510 that was faulty. It was sent off to TomTom and returned some three weeks later, apparently fixed (there had been a delay over sourcing spare parts).

Sadly though I may never know if this was fixed sonce the thing was stolen from my car last night so I doubt whether I'll ever see it again.

Personally I prefer the old TomTom Go mount - seemed a much more solid arrangement to me - and will be back in service for a while now I guess.
BrightonJohn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dougproctor wrote:
Strange, I saw some pictures somewhere of the "old" one and the "new" one and thought my week old 910 had the old mount. TomTom sent me a new one which I got yesterday and it's exactly the same as I one I got in the box! So now I have a spare, hopefully the one without the problems.
On the same sort of subject, someone mentioned on here about problems with the desktop fitting and the connector not working properly. Mine has real trouble in getting to connect so I went to the TT website and sent a message about it. 20 minutes later, had a series of emails telling me that a new desktop mount will be on its way to me shortly. Has anyone else had problems with this piece of kit?
Doug

Only with the power supply connection to it which seems to be VERY loose.
vroomfondel
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted TT support through their website including a scan of the invoice. They've emailed me back saying they are sending me a new mount.
Subsequently I've found pics of the v1 & v2 mounts and it seems mine is already the new type. Oh well, it'll come in handy Smile
bond007
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just send TomTOm ansd email giving your serial number, they will send you a V2 mount out. This is all I did and I received mine just the other day.... very very qiuick service... within 5 days I think.... Well Done TomTom!
bond007
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still hoping and waiting for an alternative mounting solution, but I suspect that will never happen....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: