Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi wishlist
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi wishlist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbarca wrote:
i wish the nuvi 360 bluetooth was compatible with all phones, i have a nokia N73, the bluetooth connects perfectly and works the big problems is that i cant access my phones address book from the unit itself, which forces me to pick up my phone to find there number!!

surely the compatibility is with the phone?

anyway, can't you just use the phone to send all your phone contacts to the nuvi? i can do this with my samsung d900 and then when the phone connects i have duplicates as it auto-updates the nuvi phonebook with the phone as well as having all the ones i had already sent.

MaFt
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgthomas wrote:
NO MORE METERS !!!

I WANT YARDS !!!

can't you just adjust your settings?!

MaFt
Nonny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Ability to use different sounds for proximity alerts.

2. For the Nuvi 660 to default to the country you are in after it has been turned off, so you do not have to select 'England' every time you want to go somewhere.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nonny wrote:
1. Ability to use different sounds for proximity alerts.

2. For the Nuvi 660 to default to the country you are in after it has been turned off, so you do not have to select 'England' every time you want to go somewhere.

I agree - it should be able to work out where it is - after all it's a GPS isn't it Wink

Of course you could be planning cross border trips a lot and not having the choice would be a nuisance. E.g. if you lived close to a border in mainland Europe.

You only have to type three letters in for England to come up as a option anyhow.

I would vote for the TomTom method of asking for a Town and displaying a list (taken from all countries) that start with the letters you have typed.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nonny - you can use different sounds for different proximity alerts if you use the beta version of POI Loader available from www.garmin.com - this allows the use of a WAV file with the same filename as the CSV / BMP.

As for the country, I find once you enter "England" once it remembers it, and has a button marked "England" on future uses of the address menu, although it seems to forget this information if you perform any major changes to the unit (firmware upgrade, map changes etc.)
Nonny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing wrote:
Nonny - you can use different sounds for different proximity alerts if you use the beta version of POI Loader available from www.garmin.com - this allows the use of a WAV file with the same filename as the CSV / BMP.

As for the country, I find once you enter "England" once it remembers it, and has a button marked "England" on future uses of the address menu, although it seems to forget this information if you perform any major changes to the unit (firmware upgrade, map changes etc.)

Thanks swing. Yes, I've now sorted the voice alerts, but my Nuvi only seems to remember 'England' if it has not been turned off. Once I turn it off it forgets. Before you ask, I am using the latest firmware, maps etc. updated via the Garmin Webupdater program.
inspiredron
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be good to have the current speed limit on screen - obviously taken from the map - temporary limits are impossible as are limit changes. The Mio does this
Hamie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A GTM that's either guaranteed to work 95%, OR allows the connection of an external aerial...

If you could add an external aerial without botching the warranty, I'd be happy... If it worked OOTB without that ability, I'd be happy.

Sadly supplying something that neither allows connection of a boosted aerial, AND doesn't work, AND garmin know about it, is... is... is... bloody annoying...
noseboy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Voice control

Futzing with the unit while driving is bloody dangerous. I want to be able to say 'Go Home', 'Traffic', 'Back', 'Next', 'Avoid', etc so I can keep my eyes on the road and control the unit, even if it's only the most basic functions. A 'magic word' might be necessary to control voice activation.

2) When approaching a roundabout, tell me which exit EARLIER so I can get in the right lane!

3) New route planning option: Simplest route. I don't want to come off at some junction so I can go round half a dozen roundabouts and save myself three minutes and five yards. I want to have a simpler route at the expense of (reasonable) additional delay.

4) GTM needs to have a usable interface from the main screen, and not have reception info hidden away on the developer's screen. Currently all you can tell is that you have had some traffic information at some point in the recent past.

5) Others have said this as well, but the lack of a detour option (or 'give me an alternative route') a la Tom Tom is a pain in the arse. I ended up going all round the houses on a recent trip because I didn't know the area but knew that the road it wanted me to go down was blocked by an accident.
noseboy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more: fix the toll roads option. I tried saying avoid toll roads when re-entering Wales, and all it did was take me over the old Severn crossing instead... still a toll road.

It should warn you about specific tolls on the route when planning and offer you the option to avoid them, again a la TomTom. It also needs to be aware of time-restricted tolls (e.g. London congestion charge ends at 6pm Fri until Mon morning)
xspartx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Allow different types of POI Warning (per beta)

2. Allow miles and YARDS (feet much harder to visualise)

3. Allow option to display speed on map
xspartx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing wrote:

Have they disabled this feature now?

Doesn't seem to offer me the option.
Deviltronics
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am suprised nobody has mentioned the simulate speed. i think this is very poor, why would you want to simulate a route at snail speed.

on the tomtom you can increase this upto 500% !!
petepda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following on from my post here:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=55174

I wish the Nuvi maps would keep up with me when i'm driving without a route set! Most anoying that it lags behind by up to 100 yards or so.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xspartx wrote:
Have they disabled this feature now?
Doesn't seem to offer me the option.
There's no option per se, if you have the .wav file in the same directory with exactly the same filename as the .bmp and .csv then it should "just work". However, no one has yet confirmed whether the released 2.4.1 version has WAV support...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: