Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fortuna Clip-On with Palm T - bluetooth connection problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fortuna Clip-On with Palm T - bluetooth connection problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Fortuna Clip-On with Palm T - bluetooth connection problems Reply with quote

I'm using Fortuna Clip-On with Palm T, but have a problem with making the bluetooth connection. The BT GPS is set up as a trusted device, but when launching Mapsonic I have to go through the bluetooth security screen (entering the passkey) 3 times or more before it will connect.

Does anyone know what might be the problem, and how to fix it? Once connected, it seems to work fine.
CryHavok
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to say the 1.3 MapSonic update fixes this.
CryHavok
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CryHavok wrote:
Happy to say the 1.3 MapSonic update fixes this.

Ah well, maybe not Sad Looked like it had, but it's back to it's old ways again.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried clearing the Palm's BT Cache and then trying to pair again?

With my T3 I can use the Fortuna clip-on with no problems at all. Though I did have some serious problems with any BT device and Mapsonic.

To clear the BT cache you need to be on the launcher display and then click on the menu->App->delete. This will display a list of items to delete you should delete the "Bluetooth device cache" and then start your pairing process again.
CryHavok
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know you could! Did that, nuked my trusted devices list completely too.

However, no change. Well, actually it's up to 5 prompts now Smile

I've tried Mapopolis (latest Beta) and it has the same result. Things generally fail if I add it to the trusted devices list - I have to leave it out of that for things to work 8O

Actually, can you recommend something to test it with on my PC? I've tried MapSonic there, but it doesn't see the GPS, even when connected. I've even tried under AutoRoute, but same problem.

I'm beginning to suspect that maybe I have a faulty Fortuna in some way Sad
CryHavok
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the PC problem was a true PEBCAK case. I trusted the Bluetooth software on my PC to be telling the truth about what COM port it was using. Turned out it wasn't.

The bright side is that despite everything I could find telling me otherwise AutoRoute supports the Fortuna in Xtrac mode. Looks like my PC clock is a couple of seconds fast Smile

So, that does suggest that it's not a problem with the Fortuna after all. It's most likely a Palm T3 issue, possibly only an issue with my Palm. I've got bluetooth locked down on it, so I'll try fiddling with settings and see what happens...

[ A voice says "These are not the minutes you're looking for" ]

Ah. Looks like having the "Connectable" setting set to "No" was the problem. Setting it to "Yes", while leaving "Discoverable" at "No" solves the problem.

Looks like there is such a thing as too paranoid Embarassed
CryHavok
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well, looks like it's just going to be a PITA.

It's back to the old trick of asking multiple times again. The only thing that is certain is adding the ClipOn to the Trusted Devices list is bad news. Doing that means that until you remove it from the list you can't connect to it.

However, only from the Palm do I have these problems. It behaves itself perfectly when I connect from the PC. As I have occasional problems with the bluetooth on the Palm anyway (sometimes it requires a reset to get it working again) I'll just chalk this up to Palm still having a bit to go when it comes to bluetooth Smile Besides, it's not like 0000 is a hard code to remember or anything...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: