Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Origin Technologies
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Origin Technologies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops. Who's a silly boy? In my keenest to return Pogo I forgot to put the window mount back in the box. Must be the Sun!
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having phoned TTWPARTNERS ltd to let them know of my mistake I spoke to a different person to earlier. Still very helpful and pleasant but he asked if I had been emailed a returns form. I advised him that this had not been mentioned during my two previous conversations today. I had only been advised to place my sir name as the ref: on the outside of the packaging. I am advising you of this fact just in case anyone else bought theirs through TTW and are considering returning item. I don't know if this will prove problematic in the short term as the item was returned by registered mail with the reference asked for so will have a record of return at least.
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To BBQKing, craigpenton and westewoo.

Just wondering where your at with the 'Pogo Drive', whether the issues are resolved with firmware updates or whether you too decided to return the items?

I phoned TTW. yesterday (Tuesday) who confirmed receipt of the first package last Friday, but still needed to check second package had arrived Monday by 'Guaranteed Delivery' before transferring the money back into my account. Seemingly takes four to five days to do this. Funny that when it only takes four to five minutes to takes it out!
BBQKing
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi NN

No I am keeping mine at the moment. I know I shouldn't have had to buy a re-rad, BUT the re-rad has made tremendous difference to using my PogoDrive - signal lockon is good. Now keeps the signal alot better. No "field flying" anymore, plus I do love the speed cam alerts.

Hopefully over time Origin will improve the PogoDrive to a point you may re-consider purchasing again.

As for the GPS Mirror by Cheetah.............

BB
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BB
Unless anything better comes along I would certainly consider purchasing the Pogo Alert rather than the Drive this time. No complaints on the speed camera database and its warnings as such, other than I would still like to see the mobile sites on there. I was however getting a glitch every time I wanted to go somewhere and didn't feel I could rely upon it though this seemed more with the satnav side of things. I see the MicroPilot from Morpheous does a very similar visual audio alert to the Pogo and it on sale at £99 in Halfords. I don't know what its like in practice so if you or anyone else has hands on experience I would like to know your thoughts. But as a relatively cheap alternative, database updates £50 per year, it might be worth a try and then I would look at buying a better satnav and install the pocketgps database. Its rumoured that a new wave of satnavs are due May onwards.
BBQKing
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi NN

My autoelectrician users the Micropilot and swears by it. I don't have any experience of it myself, but he is happy with it.

BB
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BB.
westewoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: pogo drive Reply with quote

don't lose faith!
hi gang, since my last post, i have been working with dave at origin as a guiea pig, as i do about 2500 miles a week as a lorry driver and things are definatly improving.i am now running firmware dated 18 of april, and its starting to iron out glitches. i have now got a qwerty, or, a to z keyboard, the car simbol (triange) is starting to hold the road like an evo 7, and the lock ups, and freezes have at leased halfed, so things are getting better.
the firmware that i am running wont be genrally available for a week or two, but when you get it you will notice the diffrence :P
if any pogo users have any surgestions, let me know, and i will pass them on. all the best. steve.
BBQKing
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi westewoo

Its good to know that Origin are taking us users and our comments seriously.

When the new firmware is ready, how will we know?? Will it be incorporated into the download, or via other methods?

Thanks

BB

PS - Any chance of having an "Add Waypoint" facility to PogoDrive? It IS useful especially on my Tomtom.
westewoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi bbq. yes there working on firmware updates that will download when you do a speed camera update, but i will keep you posted. there will also be a newer map available in the next couple of months. Smile
BBQKing
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to add, what is the GPS lock like now. Although its meant to have SirfIII chipset, mine (without the re-rad) does take a time to lock on. In theory my heated front windscreen isn't meant to "faze it".

Cheers
westewoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have'nt had any problems with sat lock,but my vehicles don't have reflective/heated screens. the longest i have had to wait is about 90 seconds, and that was on the move.
i mentioned earlier about the triangle sticking to the road better, this is in nav. mode, and its still a little out in you are here mode, but only for a couple of seconds or so. Smile
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi westewoo glad to read your post re the improvements taking place. It never-the-less surprises me to hear that you are needing to act as a guinea pig for Origin at this stage. I thought that came at the development stage, not after the production stage. Don't misunderstand me I am not criticising your participating in improving matters for other Pogo users, both now and in the future, but surely if customers are being asked to spend £350 to buy a product of this nature they should not need to become a guinea pig in order to put right the glitches that are obviously encountering after purchase, though I appreciate your a willing one.

I bought the Pogo on the strength of its speed camera database and the positive comments this received in its former guise as the B2. I would definitely urge you to encourage Dave to consider Mobile Camera sites onto this database and Red Light Cameras also to make it a more complete and rounded system.

The speaker on the Pogo in my experience became increasingly inaudible above 50mph even when situated my side of the car. I placed my brothers Garmin i3 on the passenger side and whilst I could clearly hear the instructions of the i3 at all speeds, I could not hear 'Stella' at all.

On the warning side of things, I would like to see the option for the larger warnign screen to display as a menu option whilst in navigation mode as well as the smaller overlay of red borders if this is possible.

I am glad to hear that the navigation side may receive a revised map. Do you know how comprehensive a revision this will be? How much scope is there for a more comprehensive map and menu? or is space to limited for such a substantial upgrade.

Definite consideration needs to be given to navigation in respect of waypoints or via options. Currently if you set your navigation settings then switch to say safety only, even if only momentarily, your navigation needs to be reset again, is there a way around this.

Personally speaking I like the concept of the Pogo Drive and although I initially felt an A to B navigation would be adequate in practice I found it to basic and also to restrictive and I am sure that other people will find this the case also as time goes on. Origin have obviously enhanced the visual side of its database with the Pogo but have married this to a less than equal navigational partner. I would be happy to buy another Pogo Drive but only if the glitches are overcome so that I can be certain it is going to work on the day, and provided the navigation side of things could be enhanced to a more comprehensive level.

Origin in my view need to take this concept to a greater depth and commit themselves more fully to the view that one unit can do both jobs if that is what they are endeavouring. A database that gives you alerts to some speed camera types but not all is an incomplete system and with a poor navigation implementation to boot makes this less than satisfactory. With the Pogo working in its current state, you still need the addition of say the Drive-smart for warning of Red Light Cameras and Mobile sites and you need to also carry a map to overcome the navigation limitations.
westewoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi nuttynurse. i have made dave aware of your comments, and they have been noted. as for red light cameras, they will not be added to the database, as the cameras are slowly changeing to triple lense speed for green cameras.ie:- they will act as a red light camera(when on red) and as a speed camera, when on green.
westewoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

correction. as the camera change to speed for green, they will be added to the database.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 13 of 18

Jump to: