Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MIO C510E - V3.2 Update -
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MIO C510E - V3.2 Update -
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Gareth.
As I have 'improved' my voice guidance to include Phillipa and a lot of mods to the voice files, including 'bear' instead of 'turn slightlyand to get rid of the 'Prepare to', and sorting out the lack of early roundabout exit info, I don't have to muc of a prob with the voice commands, now.
I have also modded the Speedcam warnings in patch.ui so that you only get a nice friendly female voice warning describing the type of camera just once when the cam is first detected. I modded the vioces published on this website for the TomTom. It's then up to me to do the necessary speed adjustment before I get to the cam, without having the turkey gobble in my ear all the time.

Trevor

Trevor,
Is it possible that you could either give me instructions on how to mod Phillia's voice to include the features you have named or better still send me a copy of her modded voice (you should have my email address). Its amazing that there is not 1 published female UK voice from Mio but all device specific commands i.e "Traffic jam ahead" are female.
I sent a message to Mio about this around 6 months ago but I'm still waiting fro a reply or not waiting for a reply as the case maybe.
Also you mentioned that you have modified a file that says the type of camera you are aproching, I would find that useful too. At present I have switched a couple of the audio files around in data.zip so that I haven't got hthat annoying noise. Do you know if there is anyway to change the alert distance, the Mio seems to alert you about half a mile before the camera and I think thats a bit too long.
Teece
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeeJay01 wrote:
M8TJT wrote:
Gareth.
As I have 'improved' my voice guidance to include Phillipa and a lot of mods to the voice files, including 'bear' instead of 'turn slightlyand to get rid of the 'Prepare to', and sorting out the lack of early roundabout exit info, I don't have to muc of a prob with the voice commands, now.
I have also modded the Speedcam warnings in patch.ui so that you only get a nice friendly female voice warning describing the type of camera just once when the cam is first detected. I modded the vioces published on this website for the TomTom. It's then up to me to do the necessary speed adjustment before I get to the cam, without having the turkey gobble in my ear all the time.

Trevor

Trevor,
Is it possible that you could either give me instructions on how to mod Phillia's voice to include the features you have named or better still send me a copy of her modded voice (you should have my email address). Its amazing that there is not 1 published female UK voice from Mio but all device specific commands i.e "Traffic jam ahead" are female.
I sent a message to Mio about this around 6 months ago but I'm still waiting fro a reply or not waiting for a reply as the case maybe.
Also you mentioned that you have modified a file that says the type of camera you are aproching, I would find that useful too. At present I have switched a couple of the audio files around in data.zip so that I haven't got hthat annoying noise. Do you know if there is anyway to change the alert distance, the Mio seems to alert you about half a mile before the camera and I think thats a bit too long.

Trevor, I would appreciate a copy of your modded voice file too, after a couple of long road trips to and around the coast of Wales the speedcam warnings are driving my missus mad (her Nuvi 360 has a soft chime). I wish MIO would improve the voice files they still sound so un-natural.

Thanks.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@gps_fan.
It's not the warning distance that got up my nose, but as retty says, its the phrase 'prepare to'. I gust replaced it with an empty .ogg file.

@ teece
I have emailled Dee-Jay, about this and will PM you when I have got the stuff in a 'portable' format.
Are you OK eith editing the .ui files in the data.zip because the main change is to patch.ui, where mine will replace the original, but there are another couple of changes needed elsewhere.
Trevor
Teece
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
@gps_fan.
It's not the warning distance that got up my nose, but as retty says, its the phrase 'prepare to'. I gust replaced it with an empty .ogg file.

@ teece
I have emailled Dee-Jay, about this and will PM you when I have got the stuff in a 'portable' format.
Are you OK eith editing the .ui files in the data.zip because the main change is to patch.ui, where mine will replace the original, but there are another couple of changes needed elsewhere.
Trevor

@M8TJT
Thanks Trevor, I appreciate your help.

Yes I should be fine making the changes, as long as I know where they need to be. Smile
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@teece.
Quote:
speedcam warnings are driving my missus mad

Exactly the same reason for me modifying mine.
PM me with your email address and as soon as I've sorted myself out, I will emailthe stuff to you with instructions on what you have to change and where. I foolishly published my email on a forum (before I knew better) and usually have about 250 spams in my Orange junk mail folder but fortunately Orange do a good spam filter (at their server) and I use MailWasher, so don't actually get to download them and Orange delete them after a fortnigh. I now only get about two a week that get through their filter.

Trevor
Teece
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
@teece.
Quote:
speedcam warnings are driving my missus mad

Exactly the same reason for me modifying mine.
PM me with your email address and as soon as I've sorted myself out, I will emailthe stuff to you with instructions on what you have to change and where. I foolishly published my email on a forum (before I knew better) and usually have about 250 spams in my Orange junk mail folder but fortunately Orange do a good spam filter (at their server) and I use MailWasher, so don't actually get to download them and Orange delete them after a fortnigh. I now only get about two a week that get through their filter.

Trevor

Thanks Trevor, email address sent to your PM.
Thats not funny, well at least Orange have got something right Smile
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
@gps_fan.

@ teece
Trevor

Hi Trevor,
I was just wondering if the same data.zip file works with the IGO 8. I have the annoying noise about 1 mile away from the speedcam on my PDA. I didn't want to make any changes without consulting someone who knows.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DeeJay
I'm pretty certain the it won't as the programming language in ther data.zip seems considerably different.
Crying or Very sad Check your PM

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: