Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin I3 Update gone wrong i think
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin I3 Update gone wrong i think

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gk172
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Garmin I3 Update gone wrong i think Reply with quote

Hi there, just tried updating my I3 unit and i think something has gone wrong, i registered with my garmin and recieved my updated version 9 maps and also my unlock code which when entered was correct, and went along with the instructions then i opened mapsource and hi lighted uk maps to transfer to unit but when i try and find somewhere it through up blank, it will ask me what state but its uk and i cant find postcode entry now also in mapsource it wouldnt find any postcode that i put in so i presume ive done something wrong somewhere Confused Embarassed

Does anyone have any ideas please of what ive possibly missed or done wrong and is there any way of fixing it?
gk172
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just off the phone to garmin and the lady i spoke to diagnosed that ive lost the mapping Confused and wants £75 to fix it by doing a master reset on the unit as i cant find my reciept but do know that i bought it mid july 06 from comet - i checked with my credit card for dates. Any thoughts or ideas please?
12many
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Have you asked Comet for a copy of your receipt? If you have most of details they should be able to help.
gk172
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers I took a run to comet and got a store copy of reciept and then called garmin back only to be told a master reset (holding all 3 buttons) was all that was required and it worked Wink
12many
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I was going to ask if you had tried that. I presumed that Garmin had allready gone through that with you
Glad it is OK now

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: