Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fortuna PocketXTrack
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fortuna PocketXTrack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Fortuna PocketXTrack Reply with quote

Hi - newbie on the new road to newness Embarassed

Re: Fortuna PocketXTrack

Are there any reviews of this nicely specced device?

Can I think aloud too?

Wish list:
similar item with self contained power supply and self contained memory
that will
run while the PDA is off
have a waypoint button on the case
record data with PDA off

upon switching PDA on
data transfers from unit to PDA

aim:
to minimise PDA battery consumption and maximise usefulness of the unit (slightly modified of course)
/end of wish list

Thumbs Up BBB
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have reviewed the Pocket XTrack's little brother (Pocket Track) and also the dual switching Fortuna Clip-On which has the same technology as the Pocket XTrack.

If you are looking to minimise PDA Battery power then I would go the Bluetooth route if you have a Bluetooth enabled Pocket PC as it will draw less power from the Pocket PC giving you more time to use it on a brighter battery setting.

If you say wanted to record your route of where you were walking/hiking but didn't want the PDA on and the use of a map for a while, the RoyalTek RBT 3000 would be an extremely good choice as it has a built in datalogger and this will allow you to record your track and then play it back say in Memory-Map or Fugawi later.
BBB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm now there's a thought!

A mini-swtichable GPS CF card with datalogging and waypoint button.

In a case with backup power supply and changeable batteries - the case can accommodate a PDA.

The case also fits in a waterproof jacket - maybe with an socket for an antenna and it can clip on to a rucksack

Now how do I file the idea

Oh - the unit works in the car so is a car based GPS with PDA on and a walkers GPS with PDA off and datalogging on

I wonder, can it be done?

BBB Thumbs Up
suemccartin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: I just got mine Reply with quote

You can head over to www.gpspassion.com for a review. I like it but I don't like the fact that there is no status light on it so you can see what it's doing.

I like the light on the holux gm270, that's the only thing I feel is missing from this unit. The XT mode is pretty impressive, it can really drag a weak signal in (under heavy tree cover or a mountain valley or in the city with tons of tall buildings around) and get a fix when other gps units can't. The only problem with XT mode is that it's really too slow to drive with, works best for the hiker or possibly a biker.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: