Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Safety Camera add on - is it worth it?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Safety Camera add on - is it worth it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'll be because the n73 is not on the list of supported devices for TomTom HOME.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

ps - i though pOwner was a new category of pending owner - those who've not quite confirmed their subscription...

Big Laughing Out Loud, MaFt, although maybe would be better used for people having those "e-cheque" moments? Laughing
Thready
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid tomtom peeps then, because they sell the nav to support N73, think they'd get a wiggle on with their updates wouldn't you :-)

*chuffed I wasn't being a total dingle*
Thready
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK think i've done it, but am not about to go out driving looking for cameras to test it coz Al Murray is about to come on the telly :D

The files i've installed are:

pocketgps_uk_pmobile
pocketgps_uk_pmobile.ov2
pocketgps_uk_sc
pocketgps_uk_sc.ov2

does that sound about right?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that's the .bmp file as well as the .ov2. And have you Enabled them and set them to warn?
What does KK and Al Murray mean? There's been developing on this website a tradition of clarity see here and being as how acronymfinder.com is not working this morning, you really should have a footnote to your posts saying "DennisN, KK means K... K... and Al Murray means ........"

Anyway, now that you've got the idea, you can start having a play. Your next homework is to delete all the above and download and install the Speed Zoned version. Remember you were disappointed with small coverage from Tom Tom? Well the version you've downloaded right now is the Single Consolidated. This means all you'll get is warning of a camera - "Eyup lad, there's a camera about" (or if you're a softy pants southerner "I say chaps, do watch out for a camera hereabouts"). With the Speed Zoned version, you get different camera types and different speeds thereof - "Eyup lad, there's a 30mph mobile camera 'ere", "I say chaps ..."

Do not despair that you've done "all this" for nowt. The homework is easy enough. First go out and try the ones you've got, then come home and delete the files you've already installed and download and install the speed zoned ones to see the difference. They take more effort initially as you have to "enable" and "warn" for so many when you first do it (but not again when you get the next update).

Next homework after that is to download the OGG files and get spoken warnings to replace the bells and whistles. Laughing

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Thready
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis, do do make me chuckle :-)

KK is my slang for OK and Al Murray is a programme on that televisual box thing in the corner of my lounge :-)

Yes the.bmp files are there, would go out and play with them but the ay up factor is strong here in Scarborough and I son't think there are any cameras I can test out, so will have to wait till I got to work in the North East on Monday [loads of the little beggers up there]

So I may just do my homework early and do the delete and reinstall today, coz I am of the impatient variety !!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To save you wasting petrol (you would have a long drive to check your camera warnings are working where you live!) - try the following:

1/ go to Advanced Planning AtoB
2/ set a depart from address/ postcode enter FY43PA number 2
3/ set a destination address/ postcode enter PR41AX number 33
4/ go to View Route/ Show Route Demo, set the speed to 100% and sit back watch/ listen.

You will get a Gatso 30, followed by a Mobile 30 - if you play the entire trip it should also trigger a Gatso 50 and Mobile 50

The above is a good way to check the spoken alert files when you get around to putting them on the device - Mike
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ey up lad, 'ow did I guess tha wor from God's Own County? Must be summat to do wi yer intelligence. Any road, tha dun't need ter go ter that pagan land at Blackpool, just do a quick spin round Royal Albert Drive/Marine Drive for a mobile camera, then nip over to Flamborough North Marine Road, then in Brid for St John Street near me aunty's old chip shop. Tha'll get a decent lung fuller proper air.
Oh and by the way, us 'ard men run our demo at 300% not softy pants Lancashire 100% - we're 'ard!

Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Oh and by the way, us 'ard men run our demo at 300% not softy pants Lancashire 100% - we're 'ard!
Is that how you drive the van Dennis? 8O Driving

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
DennisN wrote:
Is that how you drive the van Dennis? 8O Driving
Nope. It's how softy pants whitevanmen use the demo mode to pretend to drive like 'ard men.

lola
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ear - any1 seen the motoring section (HJ) in today's telegraph.

Apparently the Froggy police are taking a dim view on users of Sat Nav who have a camera database installed.

Also - TT now seem to be giving out a years subs to TT cameras until end of April (not that it is worth charging for anyway) IMHO.
ninja_geezer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also get:
user-adjustable warning distance for each speed
user adjustable warning sound, or optional warning voices telling you the speed limit and camera type as you approach.

[edit by MaFt][/quote]

Hi new on this sat nav thing.can i do the above with a garmin nuvi 350 ???
if so how ? all the camera warnings i get are the same.
Thanks
paul. Smile
Thready
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hate to burst your bubble Dennis, but I am only in Yorkshire on a top secret mission to collect data to enable my kinsfolk to calibrate a suitable modification programme to humanise yorkshire folk.

I am in fact a full blown lancastrian, who is still amazed at all the editing that takes place of history books available in Yorkshire, which to this day proclaim that they won the battle of the roses. The lengths some people will go to eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can report the database installed and fully operational, although as the 1st camera I passed this morning didn't give me a warning, I thought I'd firked it up, until a mile later the reassuring beep warned me of another camera, does this mean on my very first outing I have a new camera location to report?

[that should really really rankle with a yorkshire man :P ]
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thready wrote:
Can report the database installed and fully operational, although as the 1st camera I passed this morning didn't give me a warning, I thought I'd firked it up, until a mile later the reassuring beep warned me of another camera, does this mean on my very first outing I have a new camera location to report?

As Harry Hill would say, 'There's only one way to find out'! Either drive past it again and check or if you know the location of the camera that you think is missing, browse the installed map on your unit. You can then report it if we are missing it.
Thready
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hee hee, just been on the map and it's awaiting removal. But the camera is definitely still there?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: