Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - T-Mobile MDA Vario II (HTC Hermes) & CoPilot Live
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

T-Mobile MDA Vario II (HTC Hermes) & CoPilot Live

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chipfork
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: T-Mobile MDA Vario II (HTC Hermes) & CoPilot Live Reply with quote

I have a licensed copy of TTNAV 6 but unfortunately the compatibility list is pretty limited and the both the iPAQ hx4700 and MDA Vario II that I own aren't supported, should have checked first Embarassed. I've tried both and lock ups are common.

As T-Mobile have an option with the Vario II and CoPilot I thought I'd explore that option. Anyone running this combination, how does it perform, how stable is it?

I'm going to take a look at the demo to see how it looks, but if performs well on the Vario II then I may take the plunge. I take it the product I'd be looking at as CoPilot Live 6 Smartphone, I assume this covers Windows Mobile 5?

Cheers Wink
ahenry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: T-Mobile MDA Vario II (HTC Hermes) & CoPilot Live Reply with quote

chipfork wrote:
I have a licensed copy of TTNAV 6 but unfortunately the compatibility list is pretty limited and the both the iPAQ hx4700 and MDA Vario II that I own aren't supported, should have checked first Embarassed. I've tried both and lock ups are common.

As T-Mobile have an option with the Vario II and CoPilot I thought I'd explore that option. Anyone running this combination, how does it perform, how stable is it?

I'm going to take a look at the demo to see how it looks, but if performs well on the Vario II then I may take the plunge. I take it the product I'd be looking at as CoPilot Live 6 Smartphone, I assume this covers Windows Mobile 5?

Cheers Wink

The Smartphone version is for a device that only has a touch screen and not a keyboard. You want the PocketPC one.

I've got CoPilot 6 with a MkI MDA Vario. It works OK, but there are niggles. I've had to reinstall it a few times when it has got corrupted (that might have been a problem with the miniSD card). Installing the latest version is a complete pain - I have to go back to the original release, uninstall it, install a patch from the Autumn, uninstall that and then install the current patch.

Day to day, I have to repair the bluetooth GPS with CoPilot most times I use it which is a pain.

Its nice to be able to access the traffic news. Its not completely reliable - sometimes the server is down. Sometimes there is a delay that doesn't come up on the reports. You get a brief explanation of the problem, but you don't get a warning about the time for any delay.

I've also got a Trafficmaster freeway box which works quite well in conjunction with ti. That gives a time for the delay, but doesn't say what the cause of the problem. It gives a location by junction number on a big road, but not on an A road.
chipfork
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, some useful information.

Just seen the post about CoPilot 7, I could hang on for that or I'm tempted to wait until TomTom release a patch, but CoPilot 10 might be out by then. Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: