Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ANN: Postcode support for TTN2 on PocketPC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ANN: Postcode support for TTN2 on PocketPC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve_o
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thax1,

Thanx for your reply. I tried the Activsync and it worked a dream. No more trying to connect to whatever it was. For some reason it was draining my battery while trying to connect.

Anyway problem solved.

Thanks again. Thumbs Up

Steve_o
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried to use Dynamite's great new software but without success. I tried to follow his instructions on his site but think my lack of experience is getting the better of me!

Wonder if one of you clever guys could e-mail me an idiot-proof step-by-tep set of instructions for the installation of this application. I have a new Ipaq H2210 with TTN2 and WM2003 and my TTN2 UK maps are stored on a 256mb SD card.

Many thanks in advance.

Tom

e-mail:- gmtomkins@worldonline.co.uk
Nick412
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom,
have you got checkpoint 2.02 already installed.?

if so heres what worked for me Smile

Nick412,

I see you are using CheckPOInt - in this case I don't think you need to run the setup.exe file at all, it installs the tomtom drivers which should already be on your machine. Try just copying the .exe and .dat files to your storage card (Step 4 onwards in installation instructions).

You can verify that you already have the tomtom driver on your machine by looking for a file called TTNControl.ocx in the \Windows folder on the PocketPC.

- Niels
Ianh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dynamite!! - What a program, exactly what it says on the tin - Now if TTNv3 doesn't include full uk postcodes............!!!

Great work, for your next release maybe a larger keyboard and little icon to call your program up whilst in TTN like CheckPOInt

Keep up the good work Thumbs Up
Pebbles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Postcode Support for HP Jornada 548 (Windows CE) Reply with quote

Dynamite,

Based on other people's feedback it look's as if you've created a great application!

I have TT2 installed with 128Mb CF on an HP Jornada 548 running Windows CE. This has proved to be a very reliable set-up and is permanently installed in my car.

Do you have any plans of recompiling to support Windows-CE or is there anyway this application can be run with this configuration?

Cheers,

-Pebbles
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick412,

No, I don't have Checkpoint installed - should I install it?
I checked on the Ipaq's Windows folder and can't see TTNControl.ocx in there.

Tom
Nick412
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom,
If you installed checkpoint then it will add TTNControl.ocx to your pda,

Then all you need to do is bypass setup.exe and just move the dat and other exe file to the same folder on your pda.

then hightlight the .exe USING YOUR PDA and copy

then goto window\Start menu and click edit on the bottom left, then paste shortcut

then click start and a link to the postcode app should show.

click on it and enjoy :-)

let us know hwo you get on :-)

Cheers
Nick
Nick412
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

error - move dat & other exe to storage card, and then create shortcut.

as dynamite says earlier, as long as the dat & .exe files are in the same folder and the exe has a shortcut add to the start menu all should be ok

Cheers
Nick[/b]
dynamite
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Howard,

Regarding missing postcodes, the database currently contains 1665938 postcodes which should be by far the majority of them. My intention was to just pick up any postcodes that cannot be found in the database from the internet and dynamically add them to the database. Assuming I can actually make it work (!) it should only take a few seconds to locate a postcode that isn't in the database this way.

- Niels
dynamite
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pebbles,

I'm sorry, I don't actually know the difference between the various versions of Win CE, I'm a bit of a novice programmer on the PocketPC...

From what I understand, I should be able to target my application at Win CE versions 2.00, 2.01, 2.10, 2.11, 2.12 and 3.00 as well as Windows Mobile 2003 of course. If your Journada runs one of those it should be possible to make it work, although it may take some experimentation.

- Niels
Howarduk
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi dynamite

It wasnt a criticism. I think your post code search is absolutely brilliant. If as you say its the majority of postcodes anyway then adding to it shouldnt be to bad. Thanks again for letting us use this brilliant piece of software
Thumbs Up

Howard
martinleebriggs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: FANTASTIC Reply with quote

Well done Dynamite
This program of yours works loads really fast and best of all its free. Welldone again mate keep up the good work. Thumbs Up
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,

Thanks for your advice. Spent ages last night trying to paste the .exe into the windows/startmenu folder - must have done it 20 times and it never showed on the menu and every time I went back to the folder it had disappeared!!!
The penny finally dropped that I had to delete an existing one as there was a maximum number of items you can have in the menu list - DOH! So deleted one and bingo it's there - it works amazingly well - thanks for your help!!

Dynamite,

Many thanks for an excellent piece of kit!! I had the entire postcode database spread over two SD cards because as you know you TTN can't handle all of them, so I had postcodes for the North of the UK on one card and the rest on another i.e. had to keep swapping SD cards. And it was v ery slow to load TTN2 and to Navigate To.
I have everything now on a 128md card and it is navigating to any postcode almost instantly - fantastic - you are a living legend!

Many thanks

Tom
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, this seems like a good program to have Thumbs Up can i load this onto a cf memory card that i have in my CF slot or does it have to be on the same SD TT2 maps card where my maps are stored?

thanks

trevor
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
omaruk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fanatstic program, really should be a sticky on the forum and should also be in the PocketGPS news and downloads sections. So come on forum administrators do your bit. Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: