Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mio C710 bluetooth possibile with Sony Ericsson K8001?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mio C710 bluetooth possibile with Sony Ericsson K8001?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickmon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Mio C710 bluetooth possibile with Sony Ericsson K8001? Reply with quote

Does anyonw know of the Mio C710 bluetooth is compatble with Sony Ericsson K8001? There is no information about this I can see on the web. Thanks
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi nickmon.

It appears our Mio using friends do not like sharing their mobile phone compatibility knowledge with anyone.
I posted a broader question on a similar topic at the weekend
here,

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=52760

as of Thursday morning it's had 51 hits and not one person has left details of their phone. Sad and that question would have possibly answered your question.

Now I gotta take the poxy Mio to the shop and see if it's compatible before I commit, which means poncing around putting batteries & sim cards in, firing up the bluetooth and seeing if it works. That's what I was trying to avoid.

I needed to know because I use this function a lot whilst on the road.

Good luck.

CeeJay.
nickmon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

CeeJay wrote:
Hi nickmon.

It appears our Mio using friends do not like sharing their mobile phone compatibility knowledge with anyone.
I posted a broader question on a similar topic at the weekend
here,

as of Thursday morning it's had 51 hits and not one person has left details of their phone. Sad and that question would have possibly answered your question.

Now I gotta take the poxy Mio to the shop and see if it's compatible before I commit, which means poncing around putting batteries & sim cards in, firing up the bluetooth and seeing if it works. That's what I was trying to avoid.

I needed to know because I use this function a lot whilst on the road.

Good luck.

CeeJay.

Thanks for the information. The list of compatable phones on the Mio website (i think) needs updating, so I am not sure if the K800i is compatable or it has just not been added to the list, I assume it will be snce similar phones are on the list, but as you said, its nice to know before comiting.
Retty
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Mio C710 bluetooth possibile with Sony Ericsson K8001? Reply with quote

nickmon wrote:
Does anyonw know of the Mio C710 bluetooth is compatble with Sony Ericsson K8001? There is no information about this I can see on the web. Thanks

Sorry don't know about that particular model - the K700 certainly does work however if that is of any help (probably not!)

Gareth.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CeeJay wrote:

I posted a broader question on a similar topic at the weekend here,
as of Thursday morning it's had 51 hits and not one person has left details of their phone.

Perhaps they had no experience of using phones with the Mio, and were hoping to learn from the replies to your question.

CeeJay wrote:

That's a nuisance, but it's definitely the best way to be sure of compatibility because it would not be safe to trust the Mio list. I tried to use a phone that Mitac claim to be compatible (the Samsung D500) and sure enough it could receive a call and you could dial a number using the Mio. But there was no way you could access any of the numbers stored in the phone's memories. I wouldn't call that compatible.
I have now solved the problem by fitting a Parrot bluetooth device in the car. It's truly compatible with any phone, and with voice recognition it's totally hands-free.

Sal
Retty
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
CeeJay wrote:

I posted a broader question on a similar topic at the weekend here,
as of Thursday morning it's had 51 hits and not one person has left details of their phone.

Perhaps they had no experience of using phones with the Mio, and were hoping to learn from the replies to your question.

CeeJay wrote:

That's a nuisance, but it's definitely the best way to be sure of compatibility because it would not be safe to trust the Mio list. I tried to use a phone that Mitac claim to be compatible (the Samsung D500) and sure enough it could receive a call and you could dial a number using the Mio. But there was no way you could access any of the numbers stored in the phone's memories. I wouldn't call that compatible.
I have now solved the problem by fitting a Parrot bluetooth device in the car. It's truly compatible with any phone, and with voice recognition it's totally hands-free.

Sal

Interesting. None of the Nokia or SE phones I have used (including Nokia Symbian based phones) can have their memory accessed by the Mio. Can any phone?

There is however a clear understanding that bluetooth compatibility can equate "merely" to voice functionality and nothing more.

Mio's bluetooth support is not good when compared to TomTom (which even claims to support SMS on screen). Now that would be very nice.

Gareth.
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.

Thanks for the replies.

Retty.
I can confirm that the TT910 does support SMS messaging on screen and it also reads them out to you using it's text to speech function (the TT910 does anyway).
Some peculiar pronunciations when it read an abbreviated message though, but that's to be expected.
Apart from a poxy mount and horrendous software it was OK.
I daresay TT have improved the software now with umpteen hundred patches but last May, when I had one, it was a nightmare. Too many bugs, and don't get me started on the mount.

CeeJay

PS
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, it was also huuuuuuuge.
Retty
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CeeJay wrote:
Hi all.

Thanks for the replies.

Retty.
I can confirm that the TT910 does support SMS messaging on screen and it also reads them out to you using it's text to speech function (the TT910 does anyway).
Some peculiar pronunciations when it read an abbreviated message though, but that's to be expected.
Apart from a poxy mount and horrendous software it was OK.
I daresay TT have improved the software now with umpteen hundred patches but last May, when I had one, it was a nightmare. Too many bugs, and don't get me started on the mount.

CeeJay

PS
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, it was also huuuuuuuge.

Very nice. I think the Mio is at risk of being left behind a bit. There is after all a lack of software update for anything other than the actual iGO oem mapping software.

Gareth.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: