Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CNv9NT delayed till end of March?!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CNv9NT delayed till end of March?!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeatO
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: CNv9NT delayed till end of March?! Reply with quote

Hi M8s

I've asked our local Garmin reseller about the map update, which I ordered end of December through myGarmin.com, that should have been arriving within 7-10 working days.

They wrote me back, that Garmin International has big delays for shipments and no deliveries have yet been made to Europe at all.

They don't have an exact date when the Update Disk (Europe NT v9 Delux) will be available, but expect it to be no longer than end of March.

Can anyone confirm this? I'm quite sure that others have said they already got it. Or have they got the full version?

BeatO
adrianh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey BeatO,

I received my update DVD (NT v9) last week Fri 26th Jan and installed it over the weekend. Works like a charm. My buddie also received his on the same day. There is a strange anomoly though in that at the end of the installation (after about 1.5 hrs) there is a message displayed on the Quest2 screen that says the installation was unsuccessful. I redid the install but the same message again. Everything still seems fine and the updated maps are all in the memory. I can confirm that all works OK as I travelled down from Leeds to London and back this week and NO problems. By the way, the same message came up on my buddies screen and he also did a re install with the same message again. Must be a gremlin on the install process. Enjoy !!

Adrian
BeatO
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian

What do you see in the MapSource Info dialog on the Quest 2? On my not yet updated Q2 I've the "City Navigator Europe NT+ v8" listed. What's on yours?

BeatO

BTW: Check your PM.
adrianh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeatO,

With the new map set loaded the "Mapsource Info" indicates
'City Navigator Europe NT v9'
The Mapsource on the PC on the other hand retained the old v8 mapsets PLUS the new v9 set. So I uninstalled the v8. As I said All works well !!

Adrian
tigger955
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went on the stand at Autosport, Garmin gave me a copy when I asked for it. HOWEVER BEWARE. Did update and my Quest 2 dumped V8 and installed V9 but all that was there were the base maps. Talked to Garmin, they accepted that as the unit was less than 12months old they would sort it out. Sent off, came back with damaged screen. Complained, sent back returned with new unit and V9.

:D :D Now for thye best bit. I put it on my bike in the garage and picked up a signal on 4 sats. Never had even 1 before. Unit works quicker( nothing like my nuvi 360), but no waiting for redraws. :D :D
Davado
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: New user question Reply with quote

Greetings from a new user

I purchased a Quest 1 that came with europe v8 on disc and I have been told by various people not to register the product yet because if I wait until v9 is released I can get the new version free.Does anyone know when v9 is available in the UK ?.I have not installed the v8 disc yet and would appreciate any feedback on this question.
bumpkin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: New user question Reply with quote

Davado wrote:
Greetings from a new user

I purchased a Quest 1 that came with europe v8 on disc and I have been told by various people not to register the product yet because if I wait until v9 is released I can get the new version free.Does anyone know when v9 is available in the UK ?.I have not installed the v8 disc yet and would appreciate any feedback on this question.

City Nav. V9 became available to order today, you'll need the registration code on the yellow slip that came with the unit. Go to the Garmin mapping update page and click the 'Order Now' button, do everything asked of you and you'll have ordered the upgrade DVD. Yes, I know that City Navigator isn't listed on the update page, apart from the NT version, but I can tell you the non NT version can now be ordered. Allegedly shipping from tomorrow.

If you purchased/registered your unit after 1st of Sept 2006 then you'll get the free upgrade. If not then you'll have to pay about £50 when you unlock it.
BeatO
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi M8s

I'm now really getting impatient, as I still don't have my update disk.

As you perhaps know, there is a disk floating around on a torrent size. Not I've read that it's a full version. Can someone confirm/deny, if there are different versions of the NTv9 disks out there and if only the update disk can be used to update the Q2 NTv8 maps to v9?

Or to put it in a different way, is a special piece of software required to download the v9 maps to the Q2 to overwrite the v8 maps?

BeatO

PS: The file diskdata.ini contains the string "City Navigator Europe NT v9" and is dated 07-Sept-2006, 22:53
The product in the confirmation email of my order is called "City Navigator Europe NT v9 Deluxe Unlock" Question Confused
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: New user question Reply with quote

Davado wrote:
if I wait until v9 is released I can get the new version free.Does anyone know when v9 is available in the UK ?.I have not installed the v8 disc yet and would appreciate any feedback on this question.

Welcome

I got an email from Garmin about the upgrade a few days ago. It links to this PDF document.

They also say:

Garmin wrote:
The v.9 cut-off date for free unlock City Navigator Europe updates is 1 September 2006. If you purchased a brand new unregistered City Navigator Europe product after this cut-off date, you will be entitled to receive the update to v.9 free of charge.

Get on the 'net, register your maps and order the upgrade. It might be a little while before it arrives but you can always use the v8 maps in the mean time.
Good luck! Thumbs Up
XJR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can any of you guys enlighten me???..........

I have two Quests;

If I buy the V9 upgrade can I get an extra unlock code so that I can use V9 on both units (they are both registered to me).

Will I still be able to revert back to V7 and V8 if I needed/wanted to???

And does anyone know if the map tiles have been reduced from the V8 size???

Cheers

Willie
bumpkin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XJR wrote:
If I buy the V9 upgrade can I get an extra unlock code so that I can use V9 on both units (they are both registered to me).

Yes, you can get a 2nd unlock free for a 2nd unit you own.
Quote:
Will I still be able to revert back to V7 and V8 if I needed/wanted to???

So long as you don't uninstall them then yes you can. I have City Select v6, City Nav v8 and MetroGuide Europe v8 all on the same machine and can load which ever I need. From my experience routes created on one version need to be recalculated before you can upload them.
Quote:
And does anyone know if the map tiles have been reduced from the V8 size???

I emailed Garmin and asked the same question, they said:

"As this is just a symptom of the progression of this type of software and technology we cannot produce an update with smaller tiles"
XJR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very muh for your help mate.

One more thing..........what is the cost of the v9 update if purchasing from Garmin?
bumpkin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XJR wrote:
Thanks very muh for your help mate.

One more thing..........what is the cost of the v9 update if purchasing from Garmin?

Offically $75 which works out at £45-£50
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bumpkin wrote:

Ahh, that'll probably be £75 to us. :x
bumpkin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
bumpkin wrote:

Ahh, that'll probably be £75 to us. :x

No it's a straight conversion but plus VAT making it nearer £45 inc. at the moment.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: