Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - i've found a way to backup sd card to new card
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

i've found a way to backup sd card to new card
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theblueowl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes have done this but this does not help as the street names still do not appear on the map but did before, maybe I should put this down to a bad experience Sad or if anyone has any other ideas as I am now at a loss as to why this would happen. I believe that the streetpilot has an internal memory is this true? if so can this be cleared the I could go to Garmins web site and download using their web updater program or am I just being stupid:?:

Any help is much appreciated and thank you for your time in advance.

Shane

Crying or Very sad
theblueowl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Yipee happy again Reply with quote

:D Great news all is well in the world of the Streetpilot c310.

Have spoken to Garmin this morning who talked me through a hard reset of my sat nav not easy though as it requires patience and a lot of finger pressure Laughing Out Loud.

Have now got all my low level street names back now and system is working great. Although they did try saying that I needed to pay £40 for map version V9. No way I said the software should be good enough.

He then went away and came back stating good news have a resolve for you and then proceeded to talk me through a Master reset only thing is I have lost my POI's and addresses but that’s not really an issue.

Not sure is im allowed to post instructions on how to perform a master reset for the streetpilot range so I will wait to see if this is ok with the forum admin before I do.

Anyhow thanks to those who tried to help

Regards

Shane n
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane, I would post the instructions up if you can, they will help others that find themselves in the same position - Mike
theblueowl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Garmin Streetpilot Manufacture Reset Reply with quote

Here are instructions on how to perform a full hard reset for Garmin StreetPilot range. Don’t confuse this with the reset where you just take the facia off and press the reset button, as this is a manufacture reset:

I will try to explain as best as I can and if anyone requires further help please email me.

1. Make a note of any POI's including personal addresses, as these will be erased.

2. Ensure that the unit is switched off.

Now for the fun part as this is trial and error and may take a few attempts to get it right. This is not kind to the fingers ether as hard pressure is required (yes hard and I mean hard) the Garmin technician described that he was using the blunt end of a pen? But it can be done with your fingers as I did.

3. With the unit turned OFF press very hard in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and keep pressing ( do not release the pressure.)

4 Now press the on button quickly or until the unit light just powers up ( Please note that you must release the on button quickly just as the unit powers otherwise the unit will just boot as normal ) DO NOT TAKE YOUR FINGER OFF THE SCREEN AS THIS IS IMPORTANT.
If done correctly you should receive a message on screen stating Do You Wish To Reset. At this point you can remove your finger from the screen and select ( YES )

You will now be presented with start up menu settings i.e. Language Country and so on.

Congratulations your Garmin GPS system should be reset and ready to go.

This is not the easiest thing to do as it took me a while whilst on the phone but I got there in the end and I couldn’t be happier.

Hope this info is of help to those who may need it

Shane

P.S Addition to reset procedures have found that if you use a Pencil with an eraser on the end that this works well for pressing the screen
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Streetpilot Manufacture Reset Reply with quote

theblueowl wrote:
hard pressure is required (yes hard and I mean hard) the Garmin technician described that he was using the blunt end of a pen? But it can be done with your fingers as I did.

Anyone knos why should it be this hard Question Question Question
theblueowl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: If you think i am wrong speak to Garmin Reply with quote

Not sure why,

just did as I was told by the technician if you have any doubts regarding this statement feel free to call Garmin and ask them.

Idea Once again though have found if you use a pencil with an eraser on the end it works every time. Exclamation
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin Streetpilot Manufacture Reset Reply with quote

Almahadeus wrote:
Anyone knos why should it be this hard Question Question Question

Early April Fool? Wink ...

My C510 resets, with just the normal light touch and a quick blip of the Power button...

BTW - this is the same sort of reset you get when you downgrade firmware. If you don't have the unlock licence file in place (gmapprom.unl) when you do this, it is highly likely you will lose access to City Navigator NT when it reboots. It seems, at least in the case of the C510, that some leave the factory with the file in place, and some don't.
theblueowl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ok you’ll all find you own way of doing this. Although my C310 will not reset unless hard pressure is applied maybe that changed this with later models I don’t know:

I have no issues with the C310 and all mapping is available as it was when purchased.

If you think my information was useless THEN DONT USE IT Exclamation

Some people are never satisfied. 8O
simon78
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi just been reading all the posts about copying from the original i3 sd card to another card.
I have managed to do this simply by inserting my i3 sd card in my sd card adaptor, opening up windows explorer and dragging the file called garmin to my desktop and then repeating the process with my new 512mb sd card.

I have used the new card in my i3 successfully in navagation mode and map view mode.
Onedrew
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two i3s. One had V8 and one v9, both on 256mb Micro SDs. I copied the entire contents of the V9 card onto a new Sandisk 512mb card, gave the 512mb card the same name as the V9 card, bunged the 512mb card into the older machine in place of the V8 card. It all works perfectly with the older machine now routing along roads that did not show before eg A505 Baldock bypass, which is great.

No special software was used, just drag and drop the contents of the v9 card into a PC folder then drag and drop from PC on to the 512mb card and rename the 512mb card to the same name as the V9 card.

I haven't noticed any mention about renaming new cards to match the name of the original installed cards. Maybe this makes a difference? Maybe I have been lucky.

Have just purchased a third i3 from Motorworld for £79.99 which has no Micro SD card as it is a newer model with the map built in. Does anyone know a method of copying the map or even the POIs from this on to a PC? Or copying Voices to the newest machine, as I want to use my custom 'Camera bongs only' voice on the new machines (for which thanks must go to Ash10).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: