Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Two traffic updates for Nuvi (and possible others)....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Two traffic updates for Nuvi (and possible others)....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoutTime
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That may explain it. Mine is a 360T and from what I've read, I prefer the list. It is easier to select a report and lists them in order of proximity. Anyhow, if you have a route programmed, it will alert you if there are any incidents on your route.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoutTime wrote:
Just updated GTM to 3.90 and I still have the old interface.
The new interface is part of the Nuvi 660 unit firmware, not the GTM firmware update.
mwfox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: New versions traffic delays Reply with quote

With the latest software on the Nuvi 660 - I am not getting traffic delays marked on the main navigation map (red etc lines besides the road), only on the other UK map under traffic.

Did we used to get these traffic info lines on the older versions on the main map?

I wonder if the new values for traffic reception are just a different scale rather than indicating superior reception?
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: New versions traffic delays Reply with quote

mwfox wrote:
With the latest software on the Nuvi 660 - I am not getting traffic delays marked on the main navigation map (red etc lines besides the road), only on the other UK map under traffic.
Correct - apparently some people were getting confused by the additional colours on the main map, so they dropped it completely (Garmin: why not make it optional for those that do understand it....?)

Quote:
Did we used to get these traffic info lines on the older versions on the main map?
Yes
benjones
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated my 660 to this latest 3.20 firmware and it has completely screwed the traffic info. Since I've been using my 660 on the old 2.70 firmware I have never had a problem with traffic info - used it every day for about a month. Upgraded and it worked perfectly for 30 minutes that morning on my way to work. Since then (3 days ago) it hasn't worked once.

What is going on?? Well done Garmin.
benjones
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spoken to Garmin support and they told me to use the Webupdater as the stand-alone firmware upgrade doesn't include the traffic receiever firmware upgrade!? How it worked for me one morning then I do not know! I've just run the updater and sure enough there is TMC firmware upgrade there. Will test and report back.
benjones
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I turned the unit on whilst connected to the car charger / traffic receiver and it went through a traffic firmware update process similar to what it did with the unit firmware update. Thing is I'm still getting no traffic updates at all. Back to Garmin I suppose Rolling Eyes
erniesone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded the latest update to Nuvi 360T. As has been reported the level number increased X10 but no actual difference to traffic reception. However, the search seemed to be mainly limited to the local TMC providers rather than going through the full number range - so I was quite happy.

I then made the mistake of looking through the traffic menue folder (below the Display box) for any updates. It was set on Auto - so I had a look at the options. RAC Live or TMC_INFO. Try TMC_INFO I thought and the options were TMC_INFO or 100.1FM.

100.1 Classic FM (local Sutton Coldfield) but surely that is the ITIS (non Garmin) system - although I note it is mentioned above. As it was an option I give it a try in case they had done a deal to share information (RAC reception is very poor in my area). Messages flooded in 160 in a couple of minutes.

Bad reception sorted at last I thought. Wrong, no messages, no highlighted blue traffic symbol and No Traffic Information Available.

The RAC Live option has now disappeared from my menue and I am left with
AUTO TMC_INFO
TM TMC
TMC_INFO
All of which lock me onto the wrong signals and download lots of traffic messages which the Nuvi cannot use.
I hope, when I go to an area with a good RAC - LIVE signal I will be able to correct this problem.
Does anyone know if this was part of the new download or did I just press the wrong button?
mwfox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Delay time Reply with quote

I am pleased with one new feature of the new update on my Nuvi 660 - it now gives me expected delay time of traffic on my route in minutes - very useful in deciding whether to go another way or not.
peaton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: GTM21 update - no more traffic info. Reply with quote

I have upgraded my GTM21 to 3.90. It is now locking onto a channel with a high signal level but getting no traffic info. I would like to be able to roll back to a previous version. At least it kind of worked before.
benjones
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: GTM21 update - no more traffic info. Reply with quote

peaton wrote:
I have upgraded my GTM21 to 3.90. It is now locking onto a channel with a high signal level but getting no traffic info. I would like to be able to roll back to a previous version. At least it kind of worked before.

How do you see the signal level - when I go into maintenance mode there are no stations listed??

Sounds like you're having exactly the same problem as me though. I took a full back up of all files before the update - do firmware upgrades just update files on the nuvi, or is some other flash memory chip updated too? i.e. can I roll back to 2.70 by restoring my backup to the unit?
peaton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: GTM21 update - no more traffic info. Reply with quote

benjones wrote:

How do you see the signal level - when I go into maintenance mode there are no stations listed??

I am using the GTM21 with a C510. The signal level is visible from one of the hidden screens.

benjones wrote:

do firmware upgrades just update files on the nuvi, or is some other flash memory chip updated too? i.e. can I roll back to 2.70 by restoring my backup to the unit?

I am sure the GTM21 update will be firmware that can not be overwritten by simply replacing files. If the old firmware is available it may be possible to reapply it. I would certainly like to.
marksnsparks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

My Nuvi 310 worked quite well after doing the GTM12 firmware upgrade. I travelled from Lancaster to Cardiff and back to Birmingham with several traffic problems reported. Unfortunately the traffic messages just stopped for the rest of the journey, the blue traffic diamond won't activate either. 2 days later still no traffic messages or blue diamond.

I've tried overwriting the original files from the backup I took when I bought the 310. No success. Still can't get the blue diamond to activate or get any messages. The hidden menu still shows a good signal though?

Anyone know how to reset the firmware update properly or is it best to call the Garmin helpline?
torchie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I think this this could be down to TM as it looks like they have change
the validation code on the Classic FM frequency.
(check your FM Table)

Could it be possible the network is being expanded to include data from
Classic FM ?
benjones
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

torchie wrote:
Hi

I think this this could be down to TM as it looks like they have change
the validation code on the Classic FM frequency.
(check your FM Table)

Could it be possible the network is being expanded to include data from
Classic FM ?

That's interesting and would explain why my 660 worked initially. How do you know they've changed their codes?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: