Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot Wishlist
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot Wishlist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grahame
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on use of version 3.5, there are a few features that I would like to see that I haven't read as being implemented in v4.

1. The ability of the PC program to load GPS tracks and display the track on the map with distance, time, speed, etc. info available as journey statistics.

2. The ability to drag the mapped destination on the PDA to a new location - quite often the location provided is near where I want to go, but not exact and might need further local instructions to get there. Being able to reposition the destination point would make this easier.

3. Don't know if this is possible, but could the program switch on the backlight when it announces a direction change or other alert?

4. Driving down to Tuscany on holiday last year I found that directions given for road changes were confusing, like being told to take the A26 East. I would rather have information on a place name that appears on the motorway junction signs, such as take A26 towards Genoa. Several times I missed the correct turning due to not knowing which of the options was the correct one.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 3 will be tricky - I looked into backlight matters to answer another question in the forums a while back. My reading of the Microsoft documentation is that Pocket PC, and the Windows CE operating system underneath it, doesn't give application software any control over the backlight save for possibly being able to change the "timeout" figures on battery and AC power (over that, there's a little lack of clarity - it may be possible for programs to change these figures using the same registry keys and system event that the Backlight Settings panel uses).

David
pgamble
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Backlight Reply with quote

Don't have the SDK but being that Omega One with Battery Bar have a today plug scroll bar to set brightness and a button to toggle auto, my gut feel is that this should be possible.

Paul.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that such features are model specific. There's an iPAQ SDK available from HP that provides backlight control (and which is used by Battery Pack) - but such features are not necessarily available. Some manufacturers expose such facilities and publish the SDK - but there is no generic Windows CE method for controlling the backlight in any more detail than described in my last post (at least according to the Windows CE .NET 4.2 documentation on MSDN).

David
BlueJay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search/data entry by postcode

And I only got it yesterday, already a wish list, tsk,tsk!
gilbates
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think this was previously mentioned

but at Motorway roundabouts , instaed of ....take exit to ? some obscure and irrelevant place , cant it say the same as minor roundabouts ..... take 3rd exit or whatever is a relevant number at the time , it would be a lot less confusing

and i liked the old style of map that was split in two , with map at bottom and details on top , how about an option to switch back to the old look , basic and advanced view

that was a lot less clutered , and in my view safer to drive with
gilbates
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and i agree on the backlight idea , that would be real handy , especialy for night driving , icing on cake stuff there
HielandLad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with much of the above, particularly things like default start mode being different than guidance. I also suggest:

In navigating mode, allow showing current road between flag and communicator icon - there is plenty of room.

In navigating mode, stop showing a trail for a non-existent journey I am supposed to want to take. It can sometoimes be helpful for a suggested journey, but I would like to be bale to erase any journey and thus the green line

Talking of the green line, in guidance mode why does it have to be so big?
HielandLad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another problem I've noticed is on unnamed roads. Voice navigation stops once you leave a numbered or named road, even though the route is marked properly on the map. I take it that this is because Copilot uses changes in road name to identify required turns, but it would be nice to have a "bear right", etc. even if it was unable to know whether it was a right turn.

Not an issue in a city, but I live in the Highlands of Scotland.
KeithLeng
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like the ability to move around in the desktop application the same way you can in Autoroute. Moving the cursor to the edge of the screen allows you to scroll in that direction. I would also like to see a hand button, as in Autoroute, which allows you to drage the map around.
KeithLeng
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the desktop application, there seems to no way to download either the current trip, or a saved one. If you click the download wizard, and then click trip, you need to input a trip from scratch. I would like to be able to tell it to use the current trip, or a saved one.
HellFire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about in the POI alert to have an option to automatically change the distance depending on your speed as this would be good for cameras like if your going 90mph on a motorway you might want it to warn you at 2 miles or if in a built up area driving at 30mph you could set it to ½ a mile
sland
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellFire wrote:
What about in the POI alert to have an option to automatically change the distance depending on your speed as this would be good for cameras like if your going 90mph on a motorway you might want it to warn you at 2 miles or if in a built up area driving at 30mph you could set it to ½ a mile
If you warn on time then it will take your distance/speed into account i.e, always warn at 30seconds

Mike
prusling
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoPilot 5 Wishlist (perhaps start a new thread?)

I am a GPS newbie and would like to see the following relatively minor irritants addressed (hopefully in an update rather than an upgrade!):

Fix to the memory leak problem and increase stability
Display of POI’s all the time (I only seem to get these when halted)
Remove the “1 of 1” in POI alerts using text-to-speech
Ability to navigate to motorway junctions and M/A/B road intersections(particularly to use these as waypoints)
Ability to more easily enter a place using a map
A not too pricey traffic service!

Cheers, Peter
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ability to change the default road speeds used in calculating the quickest route. At the moment it is weighted far too much towards using major roads and so ignores much quicker more direct routes.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: