Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installing speedcam software on Medion GoPal PNA460
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing speedcam software on Medion GoPal PNA460
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amhosib
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Gopal 460 postcode functions. Reply with quote

What is the postcode function on Gopal460? Is it a full 7 digit postcode finder, or is it limited to 5 digits.?
I have used both mdpna200s and mdppc250, neither of which had the full 7 digit postcode finder functionality and required 3rd party software to provide this (either UKPC2NVG or TomTom hack or laboriously altering the coordinates via your PC)
I might be interested in the 460 because of screen size and price, but must have the full 7digit postcode functions.
bazz2004
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the medionshop website it includes "Full postcode search" amongst the listed features. That implies 7 digits. My first sat nav was a BM6380 and one of the selling points was the 7 digit postcode facility. In practice, 7 digit postcode searches often failed to locate my destination. Perhaps the maps were not as up to date as was necessary. I hasten to add that this was the least of the problems with my Evesham model. The Medion GoPal PNA 350 that I replaced it with has five digits search only but it has been far more effective in enabling me to enter a destination. You just move on to entering street names.

The latest Medion PNAs do look rather appealing.
bazz2004
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amhosib If you haven't bought anything yet have a look at the latest Computer World Magazine. The GoPal 465 has won Editors Choice. It was praised for its large, clear 4.3" screen and speed of satellite fixes. It does definitely have full 7 digit post code searches, includes a mains charger and came in ahead of TomTom One which has a slower processor and less features.

"the GoPal is also one of the easiest of all the GPS devices to get started with, both in terms of the software being intuitive to use and on a technical level, since the machine was quick to lock onto the GPS satellites." PCW
Gilgen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: A Newbie in distress loading software Reply with quote

Hi I recently bought a GoPal 460 and am quite happy with it so far. This is my 1st and only experience with satnav so I can't offer any comparisons.

My problem is that I also want to load speedcam software and since it came with a 1G SD card which is fully loaded with all maps there is no space. So I have bought a 2G SD and will require to reload all programmes onto the new card. The handbooks give no instructions and only tell you that a 2G is reqd. All the CD's have been supplied but there are no setup.exe files so I have tried to copy the existing SD to the new SD. It bombs out after a while stating that the media is wrong for this type of file. I have tried in both activesync and explorer. It always does a file convert as soon as it sees the PC. The only thing which may be causing the problem is my card reader which states that its suitable for SD 16Mb - 128Mb but since I regular use it for a 256Mb card I think that this is unlikely to be the problem.
I'd be grateful if anyone can steer me to any information or offer any advice.
bazz2004
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My GoPal PNA350 has POI-Warner installed and the speed camera data base from POI-Handler. When I look at the Mobile Device in My Computer there is nothing extra on the storage card. The POI-Warner software is installed on the device itself. At a guess, you don't need to upgrade the storage card. Medion would probably have thought of this if it was going to be a problem.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: